Chimp Expert Jane Goodall -- Bubbles Was Beaten On Michael Jackson's Watch

Bubs

Proud Member
Sigh, if somebody wants to listen what Jane has to say, there is link to video at the bottom of the post, I couldn't listen more bs.
This story got wings pretty fast in the media:-(

---------------------------------------------
The world's leading chimp expert says Michael Jackson's famous pet monkey Bubbles was brutalized at Neverland and she blames MJ.

Jane Goodall dropped the bombshell leaving an event in Washington, D.C. ... saying Bubbles was BEATEN while in Michael's care. She doesn't say who beat Bubbles, but she does say she confronted MJ and it "ticked him off."

Our photog was clearly caught off guard and didn't ask the circumstances surrounding the alleged beating. La Toya's ex-husband, Jack Gordon, claimed the singer did indeed abuse Bubbles, saying, "I saw Michael punch Bubbles, kick him in the stomach. Michael used to say, 'He doesn't feel it. He's a chimpanzee. I have to discipline him.'"

Various people in the MJ camp denied the claims, and there are stories that Bubbles was actually treated like a hairy king, eating at the dining room table with MJ and having free access to the fridge for Haagen-Dazs fixes.

FYI -- Bubbles -- now 30 -- is alive and well ... living in a Florida animal sanctuary.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/14/jane-goodall-michael-jackson-bubbles-beaten-abused/#ixzz2vxlk1EOi

She used to talk totally differently about MJ:

In a way, Michael Jackson’s monkey Bubbles would be the inspiration of one of the songs on his Dangerous album. In late 1990 leading primatology expert Jane Goodall would be invited by Michael to visit him in Neverland. Goodall, famous for her 50 years of groundbreaking research on chimpanzees in Africa, said Jackson invited her because "he loved what I did."

When challenged about how his own interest in these types of animals might make him appear “weird” later on Jackson would tell an interviewer, “God created animals. And they're loving; they're beautiful. I feel the way [anthropologist] Jane Goodall does or any of those naturalists. I don't find my interest in animals weird or strange at all.”

In 1988 Jane had actually turned down making an appearance at a PETA dinner where she was being honored because Bubbles would be present. PETA had named him an “animal rights ambassador” because of how Jackson had rescued him from a cancer research lab, but Goodall didn’t believe in keeping chimps as pets. PETA would defend Jackson and Bubbles with founder Ingrid Newkirk saying, "Seeing how intelligent and social he is, people can see why we have to leave chimps in the dignity of their natural environment," adding that, "[Bubbles] did have a good time at the dinner."

Goodall would say that she had heard through friends that Michael wanted to speak with her, but had not heard anything directly until Christmas 1990 when the telephone rang at her house and her mother answered, only to turn to her in shock and tell her that Michael Jackson was on the end of the line. Jane says that, “The first thing he said was, ‘You don’t approve of me having a pet chimp, do you?’ “I said, ‘No.’

Although she still disagreed with people keeping chimps as pets, they decided to overlook this difference in opinions, sharing a common idealism and a love of both children and chimpanzees, so she agreed to visit him at his ranch. It’s reported that he had also sought her advice on how to properly take care of the chimps he had, including Bubbles, who had apparently seemed discontent at the time, and that she had suggested fixing the chimp up with two females chimps and a kinder trainer. She would later say that keeping wild animals was slightly different for Jackson, "with the money and space he has he can create conditions on a par with any zoo."

Goodall said of her visit to Neverland in late 1990, “I got taken to my room, and then sat waiting for Michael. Classical music was playing. The views were magnificent. I sat, feeling the whole experience was surreal. After a while, I heard a small voice. I turned and there was Michael. We said hello and he asked if I would like a drive through the ranch. At the time there were many animals there.” She remembers seeing a large swan swimming in a children's pool, waiting as a larger pond was being constructed for it, his long python, Muscles, some giraffes, and two beautiful black horses she says he’d already had harnessed for her in case she wanted to ride.

While driving across the ranch together he began to sing softly, but then suddenly, he stopped. She asked him to continue singing, and was surprised when he told her that he was too shy. “I pointed out that when he was on stage he was anything but shy.” He told her that when he was on stage, “there was magic. He let the magic come at him and take him over, he became another person.” Goodall said she told him that she could relate to that, “It was the same thing that happened to me when I was working with animals.” She says that he pointed out areas to her where giraffes and other animals moved about freely, “He seemed very happy in his new home.” He told her about his plans for the ranch, "he talked about his dreams for the place to have animals running, looking free like they would in the wild. ... It was just a very charming day, very low key, nobody else was there.” At some point Jane said that Jackson had even done a little home footage with her at the ranch together with him, just to keep for himself.

Then he told her that he would take her to “my children’s rooms.” He lead her to a room full of toys and games which he told her was his son’s room. “When we reached the miniature train set, Michael sat on the floor and tried to start it for me, but something went wrong and out came a cloud of smoke. He quickly turned it off laughing.” Then she said he took her to "his daughter's room", which was full of dolls and gowns. She congratulated him on the birth of his upcoming daughter and says that at this he started laughing. "I have no son and no daughter," he told her, "But you believed I did!" She told him that she’d thought it could be true, spending much of her time in Africa she was out of touch with mainstream celebrity news. Jane would say, “He seemed very funny.” He would explain to her, “I will have a son and a daughter someday,” and that these were the rooms he’d created for them. Michael had also shown these bedrooms for his future children to Ryan White’s mother Jeanne who would say that she’d seen other celebrities express similar desires for children in this way, "It was not to be the last time that I would come upon a rich, famous man longing for the comfort of a family of his own."

Jane says that he then lead her into a room full of all sorts of lessons for children with chemical experiments, workbooks,”all the kind of material you would if you were teaching children.” Michael told her that he wanted to give her the opportunity to teach many children what it was that she knew. "In some ways, he was like a child, and a very sweet and gentle child, and he wanted me to tell him many, many stories," she said. "Stories about the chimpanzees, the forests, animals, anything. He told me he liked the way I told stories."

“Later, we went to his own bed room. I had brought him a few small gifts: a stone with polished edges from a special beach in the Isle of Wight (an island off the south coast of England), a photo of my favorite chimpanzee, David Greybeard, one of my books and a video.”

Jane wanted to show him footage of chimps in a medical research laboratory that she had brought with her. “We lay in his bed together to watch, propped against pillows; I had to bend down and look behind a pile of pillows to see his face.” She says that as they watched the footage of these chimps in captivity at certain points she saw Michael smile. "But it's terrible," she said she’d told him, "So sad, how can you smile?" "It's his face," he’d told her, "I love their faces. They’re so much like us." She said it was obvious that, “he loved chimpanzees. He loved to watch them feeding. He liked their faces. They made him smile."

Then she asked him if he would be willing to help the chimpanzees. When he said yes, she suggested that if he wrote a song specifically for the chimpanzees, it could raise millions. He told her he would like to write such a song.
She left the next day, “My lasting impression of him was of a very sweet, bright, and lonely man.” Some time later, her friend Michael Aisner received a message saying that Michael had asked her if she could send him videos involving stories about animal cruelty. He wanted these tapes because "he wanted to be angry and cry" as he wrote the song. Goodall says, “Michael told me later that he had cried and could not sleep after seeing the reports.”

“The last time I saw Michael, Mr. Aisner and I were invited to his studio to hear the song. It was an early version of "Heal the World". Later, of course, the song had changed and became an anthem for children.”
Although the song would not be about animals and Goodall was disappointed that the proceeds did not go towards chimpanzees, Jackson would host a £500-a-seat Chimps’ Tea Party at Neverland in April of that year to raise money for Jane's ape research institute and a few weeks after that, at a fundraising gala he would pay for a $10,000 table even though he could not attend, as well as sending a videotaped message and a white fedora to be auctioned off in support of the Gombe chimps in Nigeria. At the end of the album there is a thanks to “Jane Goodall for her inspiration.” Though expressing her disappointment at the lack of funding from the sales of the song Jane still lists Heal The World among her favorite songs on her site

This song and his desire to make a difference would coalesce into his “Heal The World” foundation.

And Jack Gordon? Really TMZ? :doh:

“I did finally meet Bubbles, in a California sanctuary; he is now very happy,” said Goodall, noting the Jackson song Heal the World was written for her, chimps and her Roots and Shoots youth environmental organization."

I am reading Bubbles went to the California Sanctuary in 2004, so she didn't actually ever meet Bubbles until after he left Michael, and she comes to the conclusion he was abused how? I thinl with the above post from repect77 with her being annoyed at the lack of funding (even though MJ did donate) and the fact MJ chose Children to help save instead of Chimps with his song Heal The World I can see this being bullcr@p, sorry b*tch but Children over Chimps anyday xD

^ Yes, that's right. She never actually met Bubbles while Bubbles was in Michael's care. So if she says it now that's because someone told her this. Some very "reliable" source like Jack Gordon, I guess...

I can't for that book that Bubbles is gonna write about MJ

Birchey;3971341 said:
“I did finally meet Bubbles, in a California sanctuary; he is now very happy,” said Goodall, noting the Jackson song Heal the World was written for her, chimps and her Roots and Shoots youth environmental organization."

I am reading Bubbles went to the California Sanctuary in 2004, so she didn't actually ever meet Bubbles until after he left Michael, and she comes to the conclusion he was abused how? I thinl with the above post from repect77 with her being annoyed at the lack of funding (even though MJ did donate) and the fact MJ chose Children to help save instead of Chimps with his song Heal The World I can see this being bullcr@p, sorry b*tch but Children over Chimps anyday xD

I interpret it as it took 10 years for Bubbles to finally be happy again after he had to leave Neverland.

Is Jack Gordon Latoya's ex? Is she freaking serious?

I won't criticize her credentials but as a person what a shame Jane Goodall is another one who jumps into the bandwagon to say bullshit about Michael and betrays him, SMH! :no:

The change from the post Respect posted to this new information is so typical of those who try to stab Michael in the back. Is she still mad about not getting a Chimp Song and money from the song. That is all Michael is to these people--someone to "take from." Never someone to "give good to." If they can't take some money, song, contribution, prestige, fame, etc., from him, then he is of no use to them and they write and say hurtful things about him.

Maybe she has spent so much time with primates that she forgot how to be decent to another human. She could not even be happy that the children got some money. Why is she calling that song a chimp song anyway?
Lately we have been getting some people who are really trying to hurt Michael even though he is already dead.

Mrs. Jane Goodall were asking for donations for Bubbles last year, I guest she was waiting for a big from the Estate or fans,and when that didn't materialize she decided to LIE on Michael.

Can't believe this person would say something so awful about Michael. Yet another traitor who attacks Michael when he's not here to defend himself. Just awful. :(

I think Bubbles and all MJ animals were checked out before being placed, any body with common sense would know if MJ beat,kicked or abused Bubbles, Bubbles would have beat the shit out of MJ or any one else. So that LIE doesn't hold up.

The main complaint from her I read was she didn't like Bubbles being dressed in clothes like a human child, and that compared to him being in --a CANCER RESEARCH LAB--where he would be in a cage all day and taken out to be subjected to horrible surgeries and experiments without painkillers just pales in comparison to the wearing of clothes. Are you kidding me?

I have seen videos of chimps and other primates and know the horror of their lives in these labs. Research on primates is no longer done in first-world countries--except USA--b/c of the cruelty issue for an intelligent species. If you saw these videos (which MJ did apparently) you would not be able to sleep either. It is horrible. They give the primates diseases like aids and HepC, etc. so MJ actually SAVED Bubbles from a pain filled and miserable life.Some of the primates actually go insane and psychotic from their lab experiences.

Jane Goodall--what a letdown you are.

Goodall: Chimps' plight inspired Jackson's 'Heal the World'
By Alan Duke, CNN
October 24, 2009 11:43 a.m. EDT

Mamoni Valley Preserve, Panama (CNN) -- A famed primatologist says the plight of chimpanzees helped inspire Michael Jackson to write the song "Heal the World."
But the theme and the lyrics of the song turned out to be about a better world for humanity.
"He wrote what he told me he thought was his most powerful song ever, but it didn't end up for animals," Jane Goodall said in a CNN interview Thursday night.
Goodall spoke exclusively to CNN
in a Panamanian rain forest where she is exploring a partnership on behalf of Roots & Shoots, her global youth education program.
The interview comes as a new version of the song, first released on Jackson's 1991 "Dangerous" album, is being recorded by a collection of artists for release in late October.
Goodall became friends with Jackson about 20 years ago when he invited her to his Neverland Ranch, where "he talked about his dreams for the place to have animals running, looking free like they would in the wild. ... It was just a very charming day, very low key, nobody else was there," she said.
Goodall, famous for her 50 years of groundbreaking research on chimpanzees in Africa, said Jackson invited her because "he loved what I did."
"He loved chimpanzees," she said. "He loved to watch them feeding. He liked their faces. They made him smile."
Years later, she met Jackson's chimp, Bubbles, and has visited him at his retirement refuge in Florida, she said.
"He's extremely handsome," she said. "He's a beautiful, beautiful chimp. So, he was rescued in time from this life of being inappropriately dressed up and carted around like a little symbol."

Goodall, whose life has been spent understanding chimpanzees, said she found Jackson to be "a sad person."
"In some ways, he was like a child, and a very sweet and gentle child, and he wanted me to tell him many, many stories," she said. "Stories about the chimpanzees, the forests, animals, anything. He told me he liked the way I told stories."
Goodall, who travels the world to promote protection of endangered chimps, said she had hoped Jackson would help get her message out.
"I said to him, 'You know, Michael, if you want to help, you could do a concert and give us a percentage. Or much better, write a song,' " she said.
Jackson asked her for tapes of animals in distress because "he wanted to be angry and cry" as he wrote the song, which became "Heal the World," she said.
The original CD cover notes credited Goodall for inspiring the song, she said.
But, she added, the Jane Goodall Institute never saw any money from the song.
Jackson later created the "Heal the World Foundation," which he funded with a series of concerts. The group delivered millions of dollars of relief to children around the world.

Last edited:
I'd like to spank Jane Goodall for that stupid comment--she should hang her head in shame and immediately apologize and tell the truth. I read somewhere else where she said Michael was Bubbles' 'mother'--in other words a substitute for a loving chimp mother, the one he lost.(Unfortunately, I can't find it now.) Michael did so much for Bubbles and he loved him. That's why Bubbles is so beautiful now.

Jane Goodall is a back-stabber.

I also read MJ's zoo had a full-time vet and was state of the art--the very best. The animals were treated very well.

Shame on you, Jane Goodall.

With all the things Jane said about Michael immediately following his death, I find it very hard to believe what she is saying now. That's the case with a lot of things that have been said about Michael recently. Alot of these people said nothing like this while Michael was still alive. And some of these same people said such nice things about him after he died. It really makes me wonder what is up with the sudden new betrayals against Michael lately. Is Jane trying to get in good with the haters now since the tributes and positivity that followed after Michael's death has worn off for most of the general public and the media are back to talking trash about him again worse than ever? What's going on?

Last edited:
MJ's Chimp Bubbles -- Jane Goodall's LYING ... No One Spanked the Monkey

Jane Goodall's LYING

No One Spanked the Monkey 3/14/2014 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Just like her beloved chimpanzees ... Jane Goodall is throwing crap at the wall -- at least that's the word from people who witnessed Michael Jackson's relationship with Bubbles.

Several people who were with Bubbles on almost a day-to-day basis tell TMZ ... MJ adored the chimp, and treated him like a member of his family -- and the notion that he or anyone around him brutalized the chimp is garbage.

We're told the Michael Jackson Estate has recognized how much the singer loved Bubbles by contributing money to the sanctuary where the chimp now lives.

Bubbles, we're told, was almost joined at the hip with Michael, mimicking him and various others at Neverland. We were told one story where Bubbles got down on his knees after seeing one of the maids and started dusting the floor. The whole slave labor thing aside, Michael proudly hugged the chimp.

And Michael actually made Bubble's his plus one at his lawyer John Branca's wedding. Bubbles showed up in a tux to cheer on Branca -- who now runs the MJ Estate.

03-14-14-bubbles-3.jpg

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/14/michael-jackson-bubbles-never-abused-jane-goodall/#ixzz2vzxijqfR

Thanks for the article Greeneyes but we didn't need it to realize it's bullcrap what Jane said. Many of us know Michael truly adored Bubbles by just looking at several pictures available. I don't get why many people are betraying Michael so callously either.

MJ+bubbles+kiss.jpg

Michael-Bubbles-3-michael-jackson-10783712-810-768.jpg

i-love-too-rl-y-mj-albums-michael-jackson-sos-mas-picture6029-bueno-bubbles-y-hijitos.jpg

Why did she even get involved with Bubbles last year anyway to look for funding for him? If she wanted to help the place he lived in, all she had to do was ask for donations for the place and leave bubbles name out of it. I don't get her attitude about the way Michael treated Bubbles either. OK so she does not like chimps in clothes. I don't like dogs in clothes either with their little matching shoes and raincoat, but I am not going to make a big deal about it like Jane. Why doesn't she call the little dogs that stars and others walk around with in their arms as "symbols" the way she referred to Michael's relationship with Bubbles? Why pick on Michael here. How about the people I see with snakes around their shoulders walking in the streets and even on the train twice. Why not pick on those people about their "symbols?" Or is it she is only interested in chimps and Michael Jackson. It seems she wants to push someone down in order to bring up her relevance to the world of chimps.

I am glad she found Bubbles handsome and beautiful--is this woman married yet? Or better yet, is Bubbles still single?

Last edited:
WHAT THE HELL JANE!? Is she that stupid? Michael loves animals and he love Bubbles and she damn well knows it.

Why did she even get involved with Bubbles last year anyway to look for funding for him? If she wanted to help the place he lived in, all she had to do was ask for donations for the place and leave bubbles name out of it. I don't get her attitude about the way Michael treated Bubbles either. OK so she does not like chimps in clothes. I don't like dogs in clothes either with their little matching shoes and raincoat, but I am not going to make a big deal about it like Jane. Why doesn't she call the little dogs that stars and others walk around with in their arms as "symbols" the way she referred to Michael's relationship with Bubbles? Why pick on Michael here. How about the people I see with snakes around their shoulders walking in the streets and even on the train twice. Why not pick on those people about their "symbols?" Or is it she is only interested in chimps and Michael Jackson. It seems she wants to push someone down in order to bring up her relevance to the world of chimps.

I agree. She's a great lady for her activism. But to knock Michael around like this after professing to like him is just low and rotten. Especially now. Seriously, Michael's supporters have a tough enough time as it is without her adding this trash to the mix. I really thought that as smart as she appears to be, she would know better than that.

Last edited:
Bubbles used to put the clothes on by himself, he took Michael´s clothes at the beginning. Guess he then got his own. :)

Now Michael is an abuser of children & animals. This is getting too stupid now. Now even the elderly are persecuting Michael. Who will be next--babies? Jane should focus of enjoying her senior years with good will to others and die having done something loving to humans at the end of her life. I hope she gets some interesting tweets.

Anyone notice that both Jane and Tippi tried to show Michael in a negative light in their animal stories. I wish his animals were taken to places incognito. No one would know where these animals were and they could not use the animals and Michael to make headlines or money. Better yet, they should have just given those animals to countries with a small number of animals in their zoos who would be happy to have some more animals. In some countries the zoo is funded by the government, so no Michael hater would be asking for donations so they could throw some nasty story about Michael into the mix.

Last edited:
So apparently Michael is

A child abuser
An animal abuser
A Hitler supporter
Was the cause of 9/11
A dead beat dad
A homosexual

All of those ridiculous things have been said about Michael at some point

Umm. I thought Jack Gordon was dead.

And if he isn't - I never got the impression that he and Michael spent any time together.

^^Yeah Jack is dead which is why Latoya was able to blame him for making her say those horrible things about Michael, but that is a different thread. However, as a "scientist" Jane should know that she has to find evidence by looking and studying before she comes to some conclusion and blast it to the media. She goes on about inappropriateness. I am sure if I look at how she studied chimps, I would find something she did that is not "natural" for chimps. Do chimps love humans coming into their environment and staring at them? How does she know the chimps found what she did to gain knowledge about them appropriate. She is very selfrighteous

Back