Should Lisa Marie Presley should be trusted on her opinion of Michael...

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
“With MJ [Michael Jackson], unfortunately, too much happened, too much got between us. There was a very deep strong love there; intense. But people got in the way, on my end and his end. We had so many people telling us what to do and intercepting and speaking on behalf of the other. Had it been just he and I, towards the end, I don’t think we would have divorced.” ~ Lisa Marie Presley

I don't know how recent that quote is,but I'm so sick of hearing her bring up his name.
For anyone who remembers...Oprah did an interview with LMP and mother Priscilla in 2005,and they were SLAMMING Michael to no end:
[video=youtube;zuyTPhSfIqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyTPhSfIqU[/video]

Then...all of a sudden a year after Michael passed,her demeanor and her opinion completely 360's:
[video=youtube;fzeTKgKI8TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzeTKgKI8TM[/video]

I still do not even fathom how she is able to be that way. To go from basically calling Michael a "psychotic,unhealthy monster" to "the love of my life" in a matter of five years is just astounding.
I know there's been threads on this,but I'm just really pissed off that I remembered this,because Oprah featured that 2005 interview clip in her "Where Are They Now?" show (which I fast-forwarded because she makes me physically ill).

Re: Lisa Marie Presley should NOT be trusted on her opinion of Michael...

well you already know my opinion on this hence my username. IMO I believe lisa loved Michael with all her heart and still does to this day. yes in the past lisa said some things about Michael I wish she hadn't and I know she regrets saying them too. she was angry and she was hurt, and she was lashing out at him. In her 2010 oproah interview she poured her heart out and I believe every word she said. I know Michael loved her all the way to the end.

I know a lot may disagree with me on this and that's perfectly fine. all I want to say is you live and you learn. I know lisa regrets her actions and I forgive her for it. Isn't that what the good book says, you forgive? and Michael was all about forgiveness and I forgive lisa. I know that woman loved Michael. hell she still loves him. this is all I'm going to say on the matter because I don't want to get into a big discussion over this. this is how I feel about this and I'm sticking to it. God bless everyone.

Last edited:

well you already know my opinion on this hence my username. IMO I believe lisa loved Michael with all her heart and still does to this day. yes in the past lisa said some things about Michael I wish she hadn't and I know she regrets saying them too. she was angry and she was hurt, and she was lashing out at him. In her 2010 oproah interview she poured her heart out and I believe every word she said. I know Michael loved her all the way to the end.

I know a lot may disagree with me on this and that's perfectly fine. all I want to say is you live and you learn. I know lisa regrets her actions and I forgive her for it. Isn't that what the good book says, you forgive? and Michael was all about forgiveness and I forgive lisa. I know that woman loved Michael. hell she still loves him. this is all I'm going to say on the matter because I don't want to get into a big discussion over this. this is how I feel about this and I'm sticking to it. God bless everyone.
I have personally never seen her in an interview after 2009 say anything along the lines of her regretting what she had said about Michael.So I kind of don't buy that,IMHO.

Lisa should give it a rest. She is not Michael’s widow nor is she the mother of his children so why is she important? She spent a brief time married to him and decades belittling, degrading and trying to humiliate him. That’s her legacy and she’ll have to live with it. Bye, bye Lisa. :moonwalk

Gets my back up every time I see that LMP first Oprah interview. It also shows what a rubbish interviewer Cowprah is to not even refer back to what LMP had said previously. Oprah show was not the only media where she put Michael down. She did a 180 after Michael died and I have always wished that she should clear the air over why she put him down before, even if it was as simple as being bitter - tbh I would understand that.

Anyway, although I am not a fan of LMP I do also agree that she loved Michael and Michael loved her, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she had massive regret for not fighting harder for her marriage to him. Of course we all think she should be sectioned for letting him slip away and toward Debbie Rowe! Lol

Victory22 that's it! Her sense of self-importance is so annoying :\
]

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/what-i-know-about-men-20140311-34jxp.html

LISA MARIE PRESLEY
Singer-songwriter, 46, married

I was just nine when my father [Elvis Presley] died, but I had a very special relationship with him. He was the most incredible, enigmatic, powerful, dynamic human being I've ever met. As far as men go, he left big shoes to fill. He is still such a presence in popular culture, but I don't find it odd or surreal – it makes me happy, actually.
wika_AN2-20140312150618341498-300x0.jpg
Lisa Marie Presley as a newborn in 1968 with her parents, Elvis and Priscilla. Photo: Getty Images
Most of my memories are of being home with him. Our rooms were on the top floor of Graceland [Elvis's home in Memphis, Tennessee]. We would sit in my room and watch TV, and spend a lot of time together upstairs alone. He'd take me on golf-cart rides, or we'd visit my grandfather or the pet store.
<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 0.94em; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">Advertisement</small> <iframe id="dcAd-1-4" src="http://ad-apac.doubleclick.net/N6411/adi/onl.smh.lands/lands;ctype=article;cat=lifeandstyle;pos=3;csub=%7Bcsub%7D;sz=300x250;tile=4;ord=78168923?" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"></iframe>
My father was very funny, very playful, but he also had a very bad temper. Across the board, he was extreme: either really funny, really playful, or in such a bad mood that people were running for the hills. But he had so many vampires around him, stupid people, and they'd tick him off. He was frustrated sometimes. Like everybody, he was human.
I didn't find it hard to have a normal life. Things weren't quite like they are now in the US, where you're in a fishbowl because of celebrity news sites like TMZ. Back then I felt I had a bit of space, and I could privately make my own mistakes and grow up.
wika_AN3-20140312150650287242-300x0.jpg
With her current husband, music producer Michael Lockwood, in 2012. Photo: Getty Images
I was comfortable around boys and never found them to be alien at all. But I find men and women different. One thing I will say about men: if they've had a good relationship with their mother, and are close with their mother, they are better partners for women. That is a fact. The best qualities men can have are dedication, loyalty, honesty and refraining from going elsewhere for their needs.
I got pregnant and married very early. I was pregnant [with actress daughter Riley Keough] at my 21st birthday. So I was a mom and quiet for years. It wasn't until my 30s that I put out my first record; I'm now on my third. But I coped well with being a young mom and didn't feel at all restrained by it. I liked being stable and didn't have any wild oats to sow &#8211; I'd already sown them. Motherhood is my favourite thing. I'm a lioness. A caretaker. I would have 15 children if I could.
I don't regret any of my marriages [to, in order, musician Danny Keough, pop star Michael Jackson, actor Nicolas Cage and current husband, music producer Michael Lockwood]. They were all incredible, fun experiences. Some were marriages of whim &#8211; I was wild, they were wild, and we did wild things, but I don't regret them. Each one ended for different reasons. Some I wished didn't end the way they did, but they weren't failures; we just weren't partnered right.
With MJ [Michael Jackson], unfortunately, too much happened, too much got between us. There was a very deep strong love there; intense. But people got in the way, on my end and his end. We had so many people telling us what to do and intercepting and speaking on behalf of the other. Had it been just he and I, towards the end, I don't think we would have divorced.
Michael [Lockwood] and I have been together for 11 years. We met when we were working and we're very close. We've never been apart for a night and we never fight. What I love most about him is that he's so easy-going. He's smart, thoughtful, lets me be myself, doesn't get worried or jealous, and he's the coolest guy I've met in my f...ing life. If he's taught me anything about myself, it's that I'm a complete raving lunatic!
Michael is a huge muso but he never mentioned ever listening to my father. We never talked about it that much. But he was a huge Beatles fan. I always thought of the Beatles as competition for my father, so when I was younger I didn't like them [laughs] &#8211; I always felt protective of Dad. I don't hate them any more, by the way! And I love John Lennon.
I have twin daughters [Harper and Finley Lockwood, 5], a son [Benjamin Keough] who's 21, and my daughter Riley is 24. Benjamin has me wrapped around his finger and I spoil the hell out of him. He can make me cry, but he can make me laugh like anyone's business. Riley is the same, while the little ones are the most precious things ever.
The title track on my album Storm & Grace is written for my son. It's about the kind of pressures and expectations placed on men. It's about how he's got the biggest heart but he's learnt how to put up a protective shell, which isn't necessarily a good thing. When men get hurt, they get more and more protective and closed off. I'm not sure how we can fix that. I wish there was a way.

Lisa Marie Presley sings at the Playhouse, Melbourne, on March 25; Rooty Hill RSL, Sydney, on April 1; and Hurstville Entertainment Centre, Sydney, on April 3.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/what-i-know-about-men-20140311-34jxp.html#ixzz2w47Ka6Fe

I thought she divorced him because she had to choose between him ( his drug addiction) and her children . So was that a lie?

Of course, it was,

I'm not the one arguing about these people, I do think stuff but usually don't write them down here. So what I ask has nothing to do with the topic. But I do wonder why the thread starter think it's okay to attack Lisa-Marie when you got very angry on those who think different about Janet than you, and you don't like the "hate" some fans have when it comes to her. Why are you hating on Lisa-Marie? Those who like her will probably feel like you do when Janet gets attacked.

Last edited:

Though I'm still kinda neutral to Lisa Marie, though I hated when she screwed Michael by braking her promise to Michael in giving him kids to bear and her own mother Priscilla wasn't very kind to Michael at all. Hearing out her biased lies (I don't use the word opinion) about Michael, she and her mom really needs to smarten up. It's no wonder I hear other fans say that hated her.

I have personally never seen her in an interview after 2009 say anything along the lines of her regretting what she had said about Michael.So I kind of don't buy that,IMHO.
well watch her entire 2010 oprah interview. she did an interview with oprah back in 2010. that was her very last interview lisa ever did on Michael. It looks like you got part of it from your second video you posted. you should watch the whole entire interview.

then you should listen to the songs "I was wrong" and "just a dream". those are two of lisa's songs that she wrote on her last album "storm and grace". listen to those two songs. those songs are definetly albout Michael. just thought I should let you know this info.

well watch her entire 2010 oprah interview. she did an interview with oprah back in 2010. that was her very last interview lisa ever did on Michael. It looks like you got part of it from your second video you posted. you should watch the whole entire interview.

then you should listen to the songs "I was wrong" and "just a dream". those are two of lisa's songs that she wrote on her last album "storm and grace". listen to those two songs. those songs are definetly albout Michael. just thought I should let you know this info.
That's not true,because her and Oprah talked about MJ on her "Where Are They Now?" segment on the OWN network,and clips from both interviews were shown,both on Michael.

I'm not the one arguing about these people, I do think stuff but usually don't write them down here. So what I ask has nothing to do with the topic. But I do wonder why the thread starter think it's okay to attack Lisa-Marie when you got very angry on those who think different about Janet than you, and you don't like the "hate" some fans have when it comes to her. Why are you hating on Lisa-Marie? Those who like her will probably feel like you do when Janet gets attacked.
I never said I was hating on Lisa Marie.I was pointing out that she's full of shit,and those are two completely different things.

Lisa definitely isn't the person whose word I would trust the most when it comes to what she says about Michael, and I don't feel any sort of loyalty to her. That being said, I don't like thinking of her as purely "bad" or "good." I think a lot of the trash she spewed about Michael after their divorce came from her being hurt/heartbroken and wanting to distance herself from him emotionally. I'd bet it was harder for her than she let show, but being a defensive person, she protected herself emotionally by being dismissive and kind of blurting things out - rather than spending energy on defending her ex-husband. I never bought the whole "I'm indifferent" act. That's my two cents.

How many of us have said things in hurt and anger regarding a past partner that we didn't mean or came to regret?

Lisa said some pretty awful things, and I don't think any of us will ever forget that. But when I look at the two of them when they were together, they looked alive and genuinely seemed to love each other.

Maybe I'm just drunk (I am) but if that's the case I'm glad MJ got to feel that way about at least one woman in his life.

I don't understand how LMP can have MJ fans liking her after all she did to Michael. How she lied to him about having children and broke his heart for it. How she trashed him and used him to stay relevant after the divorce, even doing it a few months before Michael's passing. She hasn't been able to apologize directly for all the hurtful things she's said and the bunch of crap she's spread through out the years (including that 2010 interview.) LM is regarded to me as a backstabber who used Michael for her own benefit. Since no one will change their minds regarding her, I'll apply, to each their own thing.

I think they were in love--no doubt about that. But IMO she was not the right person for him in so many ways. They were basically incompatible IMO. Passion and love will make for a relationship beginning but it is not enough to make it last. Her lack of integrity was clear when she went on just about every talk show and bashed him, even during his 2005 trial. They had no common interest that I can see. MJ was a smart, well-read, creative workaholic--what is LMP? She strikes me as shallow and basically a dull, boring person. I think after his death, she was more balanced and had a clearer picture--finally--but IMO too little, too late. The one good thing is she did love him, always steadfastly claimed it was a 'normal' sexual marriage (not a sham), and she helped him recover from the Chandler mess, and that is all good, but I think she hurt him a lot by her talkshow bashing, and I could never understand why she didn't defend him againt the charges re molesting children. That was a huge letdown.

I don't understand how LMP can have MJ fans liking her after all she did to Michael. How she lied to him about having children and broke his heart for it. How she trashed him and used him to stay relevant after the divorce, even doing it a few months before Michael's passing. She hasn't been able to apologize directly for all the hurtful things she's said and the bunch of crap she's spread through out the years (including that 2010 interview.) LM is regarded to me as a backstabber who used Michael for her own benefit. Since no one will change their minds regarding her, I'll apply, to each their own thing.

Its not always so black and white.

I certainly don't like her but to be fair we don't know if she lied to Michael about having children, it could possibly be as she said, that the marriage was not strong enough. And I have to say I would be mighty pissed off if my husbands answer to any problems was 'well if you won't this other woman will' - I love Michael to pieces but it don't think he was a perfect person, he was human with flaws just like any other. However, LMP publicly trashing Michael and using him to promote albums etc - unforgivable.

Its not always so black and white.

I certainly don't like her but to be fair we don't know if she lied to Michael about having children, it could possibly be as she said, that the marriage was not strong enough. And I have to say I would be mighty pissed off if my husbands answer to any problems was 'well if you won't this other woman will' - I love Michael to pieces but it don't think he was a perfect person, he was human with flaws just like any other. However, LMP publicly trashing Michael and using him to promote albums etc - unforgivable.

Straight from the horse's mouth, just ignore what that other backstabber thief rabbi said until 1:17. I also believe Michael had his virtues and flaws like any other human, he probably made mistakes in that marriage as well but the huge difference was that him being classy to not make it public. He didn't trash her, nether said crap about her like she did. And I prefer to believe Michael because evn though that conversation with Schmuley Boteach occurred in 1999 or 2000, I can hear him genuinely hurt and heartbroken because she lied to him. :(

Straight from the horse's mouth, just ignore what that other backstabber thief rabbi said until 1:17. I also believe Michael had his virtues and flaws like any other human, he probably made mistakes in that marriage as well but the huge difference was that him being classy to not make it public. He didn't trash her, nether said crap about her like she did. And I prefer to believe Michael because evn though that conversation with Schmuley Boteach occurred in 1999 or 2000, I can hear him genuinely hurt and heartbroken because she lied to him. :(

I do agree with everything you said, and she did lie to him which of course is not great in any marriage, however it is possible that she was truthful when she said the marriage wasn't strong enough - just would have been better if she had told her husband that! Point is that we know she clearly wasn't adverse to having more children, so I have to wonder why not with Michael? Unless some of you here are right and she didn't love him at all but I'm sure having Prickly Presley is her ear didn't help much either.

All I'm saying is that we are not privy to all the details and it's not always to clear cut as it appears from the outside looking in. But yep, can't stand the woman personally.

I think they were in love--no doubt about that. But IMO she was not the right person for him in so many ways. They were basically incompatible IMO. Passion and love will make for a relationship beginning but it is not enough to make it last. Her lack of integrity was clear when she went on just about every talk show and bashed him, even during his 2005 trial. They had no common interest that I can see. MJ was a smart, well-read, creative workaholic--what is LMP? She strikes me as shallow and basically a dull, boring person. I think after his death, she was more balanced and had a clearer picture--finally--but IMO too little, too late. The one good thing is she did love him, always steadfastly claimed it was a 'normal' sexual marriage (not a sham), and she helped him recover from the Chandler mess, and that is all good, but I think she hurt him a lot by her talkshow bashing, and I could never understand why she didn't defend him againt the charges re molesting children. That was a huge letdown.

Agree. I understand lashing out after a divorce, but the depth of her spite was over the top. She then makes these weak comments about the allegations like not being there. She makes no strong comment that no he did not molest them based on the type of person I know he is. She could say something like that because people will know she is basing it on HER own knowledge of who Michael is. I think she does this to be spiteful, because a little part of her is still mad that in her view he caused her pain; so she keeps something going that she knows will hurt him and his image. Even Debbie and the bodyguard are more adamant that Michael did not molest those kids and they are basing their knowledge on what they saw and how they see Michael. She couldn't even do that much for him--the man you slept with and did intimate things to his body.

She did not have to bring up that he was high as a kite on the Oprah show either. There is a constant need to take a dig at him when the information is not even requested. Then, she still insisted that he was suffering from drug abuse when he collapsed at the Beacon even after the doc explained that situation at the time, and the doc said the same thing again in 09/10. Why this constant attacking. I guess some will still say "we say mean things after a divorce." Yet how long ago was that divorce again?

I do think she is shallow too. She made the comment that in the beginning when they just got married they were together and went out shopping and had dinner and everything was all right. That tells you right away that she just wanted someone to hang around with and she should be the main focus of the person most of the day. Once Michael began to get back into business and the focus was not always on going shopping with Lisa and frivilous things, the problems began.

I do thing she has mellowed. You can see it in what she claims about Lockwood. She seems to want a more stable and slow paced life and enjoy her motherhood. That is good and I wish her the best. She promised that she would never talk about Michael again after the first Oprah interview after his death. She broke that promise twice already.

Snow white I agree with your point about the lies. One of the main things Michael wanted out of marriage was kids. I mean he talked about this. Even Lisa said he wanted kids and Oprah asked a question about how soon after the marriage he wanted kids. It seemed as though Oprah was trying to convey the idea that Michael married Lisa for the kids or to have "Presley" kids. However Lisa made a comment about she thought that if they divorced the child custody would be a mess or something along those lines. So she knew he wanted children. This nonsense about her thinking the relationship was not ready for children is a bunch of bull, since she had children before and divorced the men. That shows that she had children in relationships that were not sound, so why not have with Michael if you think the relationship is not sound? Please too many excuses for Lisa's behavior.

Last edited:

It probably makes sense their marriage wasn't strong since they have many people around them, specially a racist prick like Priscilla, LMP was very immature for her age, capricious, the media made Michael to have so many f*ckeries around him and also for the reasons jamba and Petrarose mentioned. What I don't get is why making such a promise TWICE even though she knew how bad he wished to become a father and then deliberately lie?

^^Maybe first she said yes we will have kids. Maybe she really wanted kids with him too. Then, maybe she began to see that he had a strong character and not such a push over like people like to think. Maybe they had a disagreement because Michael was wondering how come she was not pregnant yet, especially since he was working on it. (

^^^^^^ I think Petrarose has hit the nail on the head - she wanted him to keep trying ;) I can't blame her for that. Lol

I do have sympathy for her, esp. in that Diane (yuck--gag) Sawyer interview when LMP was a newlywed and she had to sit there and watch her husband torn apart by that lowlife talking hairdo (and wino). I think every newlywed wants to see their partner celebrated and RESPECTED--not shot down like that. I read that it was after that interview that things went downhill with the relationship.

One thing I read that made me laugh was MJ complaining that she was "invading my space"--I think he had been independent and single for so long it was hard to let someone, esp. a seemingly demanding person like LMP, into his life. (to get astrological, she is an Aquarius, which is a fixed sign, they can be very stubborn and 'fixed' and unyielding in their views--MJ was stubborn too).

The thing is after the divorce, the constant snide remarks and bashing were over the top. I can understand hurt feelings and anger but talk to a friend and keep it confidential. The appearances on Oprah, more Diane Sawyer, Larry King--just too much public badmouthing of a guy who did her no harm and who loved her and who never did the same to her.

It didn't work out--no need to rip him apart in public. I can't accept that--he deserved better. I am glad he had Elizabeth as a friend.

I couldn't care less if that woman is happy with her husband, what she does with him, I just wish she were sincere for once, kept her promises and left Michael alone. Bur let's be honest here, like mother like daughter; she's just relevant for two reasons: 1. Elvis and 2. Michael. Media treats LMP like she were his widow and mother of his children, just like her mother.

she needs to shut up.. didn't she say in 2010 to Oprah, that she will never mention MJ again?:bugeyed she is lying once again.. And she told Oprah she left MJ because of the vampires around him and drugs, even though she said to Sawyer in 2003 that she never saw him on drugs.. Now she's saying they would've still been married if their 'people' didn't come between them??? I really dislike her.. I wish she would just shut up and don't mention MJ ever.

^^Yeah I liked how she stood up for him in that interview when they both were together. However, she never ripped into her other ex-husbands all over the media the way she did with Michael. Michael deserved the same respect.

By the way is Lisa's singing like a hobby with her? I mean, is she a serious artist who goes on tours and have many records and fans?

Lisa definitely isn't the person whose word I would trust the most when it comes to what she says about Michael, and I don't feel any sort of loyalty to her. That being said, I don't like thinking of her as purely "bad" or "good." I think a lot of the trash she spewed about Michael after their divorce came from her being hurt/heartbroken and wanting to distance herself from him emotionally. I'd bet it was harder for her than she let show, but being a defensive person, she protected herself emotionally by being dismissive and kind of blurting things out - rather than spending energy on defending her ex-husband. I never bought the whole "I'm indifferent" act. That's my two cents.

the most objective sane post regarding these two!

Back