Béla Farkas (Hungarian boy, whose liver transplant was paid by Michael 20 years ago) has become a da

Ágnes

Proud Member
Béla Farkas (Hungarian boy, whose liver transplant was paid by Michael 20 years ago) has become a dad!

Hungarian magazine reported about it, here are photos from it. (later i will post summary about the article..)

10007042_10202727470221449_1019768634_n.jpg

10013830_10202727471421479_283074999_n.jpg

1604456_10202727472621509_581992754_n.jpg

I don't speak Hungarian, but I'm hoping this is a positive article. It sounds like it would be. And it's about time :) So glad to hear that he grew up and was able to start a family of his own. When Michael gave him a new liver, he gave him a new lease on life. You can't give a more beautiful gift than that :give_heart:

I hope it's a positive article as well and I'm glad Béla is doing great thanks to Michael but, is it so hard to write Jackson properly?

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3972743 said:
I hope it's a positive article as well and I'm glad Béla is doing great thanks to Michael but, is it so hard to write Jackson properly?

For not natively english speaking non-fans (reporters) "J.a.c.k.o" isn't meant in a bad way. It's used just like a normal nickname. It's the same here in Germany.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3972743 said:

Like Electro said many in non-English speaking countries do not know that J-acko is derogatory. The article is fully positive. The young man in the pics is is Bela Farkas who was the little boy whom Michael met in 1994 in Budapest while visiting a hospital. He never before gave an interview. The little boy at the time needed a liver transplant but at the time no such operation was performed in Hungary and it was very expensive abroad. When Bela was born his parents left him, so he had no hope to get the money. When Michael visited the hospital he asked why the boy was so thin and yellow and they explained it to him. He immediately said that he would pay for the operation and the treatment. Not only he paid for the operation but all the treatment that was needed after that and he continued to send Bela gifts too. Shortly after his operation he was adopted, so he grew up with loving parents eventually. When Michael went to Hungary for the HIStory tour, he met Bela again. The boy then told him: "You are as if you are my dad." Michael laughed and told him: "Then you are my son." They remained in contact until Michael's death. Michael sent him cards, gifts for his birthday, for Christmas and Bela sent him drawings, photos. When Michael died Bela cried as if he lost his dad. He is 24 now and just become the dad of a healthy girl. He says the doctors predicted he would not live past his 18th birthday and here he is at 24 still doing well. He's very greatful to Michael and he's sure he's in Heaven now.

respect77;3972749 said:
Like Electro said many in non-English speaking countries do not know that J-acko is derogatory. The article is fully positive. The young man in the pics is is Bela Farkas who was the little boy whom Michael met in 1994 in Budapest while visiting a hospital. He never before gave an interview. The little boy at the time needed a liver transplant but at the time no such operation was performed in Hungary and it was very expensive abroad. When Bela was born his parents left him, so he had no hope to get the money. When Michael visited the hospital he asked why the boy was so thin and yellow and they explained it to him. He immediately said that he would pay for the operation and the treatment. Not only he paid for the operation but all the treatment that was needed after that and he continued to send Bela gifts too. Shortly after his operation he was adopted, so he grew up with loving parents eventually. When Michael went to Hungary for the HIStory tour, he met Bela again. The boy then told him: "You are as if you are my dad." Michael laughed and told him: "Then you are my son." They remained in contact until Michael's death. Michael sent him cards, gifts for his birthday, for Christmas and Bela sent him drawings, photos. When Michael died Bela cried as if he lost his dad. He is 24 now and just become the dad of a healthy girl. He says the doctors predicted he would not live past his 18th birthday and here he is at 24 still doing well. He's very greatful to Michael and he's sure he's in Heaven now.

:teary_eyed: :boohoo:

The world is truly unfair. A lot of people will never know the Real Michael Jackson.

Thanks for the article and blessings to Bela and his family :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the article Ágnes and thanks for the summary respect77! A wonderful story.

It's bittersweet reading your translation respect. :cry: Very touching indeed Béla never forgot what Michael did for him and still regards Michael in a very sweet way. I'm glad he has parents who love him and had the chance to have one on his own with that beautiful baby girl. My sincere best wishes for Béla and his family in this new special phase of his life.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;AOMd8Yb3Xsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMd8Yb3Xsw[/video]

they wonder why we love him !!

Please send this story to Prince on twitter

respect77;3972749 said:

oh I'm going to cry. this is just so beautiful. thanks so much respect.

It's always great to hear stories like this. I'm glad to hear he's doing well and he still looks cute :) If not for Michael he might not have survived, so Michael gave him his life in more ways than one.

Thank you so much for sharing and the translation. :boohoo Michael safet so many lives.:) 'Always wondered what happened to this boy.

Wonderful story. I hope it gets mentioned by other media as well. He would be a good person for Ebony to interview for their human interest piece. Shouldn't this story be in the main part of the forum?

I don't want to me a downer with such a beautiful story, but to me even if people don't know about the word being derogatory, by now people in other countries should have heard Michael say he did not like that J word, so only for that reason they should just not use it to refer to him. If a famous person named Margaret claims she does not like being called Meg, people would just stop calling her that. I think people just got used to the WJ thing and continued to call him any of these names. Why didn't they just say Michael. It is usually Madonna, Beyonce, i.e., the First name. Why for Michael this word.

In my country it gives me the impression the media doesn't know it's derogatory but I'm just so used to see that word with negative articles that it bothers to see it printed. How difficult is simply writing Jackson or Michael and it also gives the impression media has never bothered to listen from Michael's own mouth it deeply hurt him and they made him feel he was not a human.

http://youtu.be/8sOj7NWP35Q

I often wondered about this guy and if he was still alive, and what his life was like. It's great to see that he's doing well and is grateful to Michael! More proof that Michael was truly a kind, caring soul. :wub:

I never knew they stayed in touch...

People live and new people are born because of Michael. Wade, you can choke on your anger and greed, but you'll NEVER be able to bring this man down.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3972843 said:
In my country it gives me the impression the media doesn't know it's derogatory but I'm just so used to see that word with negative articles that it bothers to see it printed. How difficult is simply writing Jackson or Michael and it also gives the impression media has never bothered to listen from Michael's own mouth it deeply hurt him and they made him feel he was not a human.

http://youtu.be/8sOj7NWP35Q

Yes. Yes to it all, lol.Iunderstand that it's a nick-name, but it is one that had a negative connotation associated with it, and Michael despised it. I saw that interview with Barbara as well (and I despise her for how she treated him in this interview) and when he said "I am not '*****', I am Jackson", I clapped and I smiled.

Good for you for standing up for yourself Michael. Good for you :)

morinen;3972846 said:
I never knew they stayed in touch...

People live and new people are born because of Michael. Wade, you can choke on your anger and greed, but you'll NEVER be able to bring this man down.

You know that is a powerful way of saying it: "..people are born because of Michael. It really made me stop and think. If this guy did not get a liver, maybe he would not have been adopted. Also, he would have died as a child. It was due to Michael that he got a chance to grow up, go on dates, meet women, have sex, make a baby, pay taxes.....

Petrarose;3972836 said:
I don't want to me a downer with such a beautiful story, but to me even if people don't know about the word being derogatory, by now people in other countries should have heard Michael say he did not like that J word, so only for that reason they should just not use it to refer to him. If a famous person named Margaret claims she does not like being called Meg, people would just stop calling her that. I think people just got used to the WJ thing and continued to call him any of these names. Why didn't they just say Michael. It is usually Madonna, Beyonce, i.e., the First name. Why for Michael this word.

Actually this magazine Story is a crazy tabloid one...unfortunatelly. And fans told them one million time, not to call him with that J word...but it does not help :(

Karen Faye ‏@wingheart March, 20th

I just heard Béla Farkas is now a father to a 5 week old baby girl. Michael's spirit lives on ❤

Karen Faye ‏@wingheart

Bless you Michael pic.twitter.com/IJNqk1qQa3

Ágnes;3972888 said:
Actually this magazine Story is a crazy tabloid one...unfortunatelly. And fans told them one million time, not to call him with that J word...but it does not help :(

Thanks for clarifying that up. I thought some were saying people in these countries did not know, but it seems they do know but chose to use the word anyway. Are you saying the story is tabloid or the magazine is a tabloid?

I have wondered about this little boy for many, many years and couldn't believe it when I saw and read this story. What a beauiful lovely ending to this story-until today I didn't know that his treatments were continued for the next 10 years and of course, I love the fact that he and Michael stayed in touch to the end.
So many people have come out like that-Families and kids that were part of his life at one time or he helped at one time and supposedly disappeared continued to be part of his life-forever-it just didn't get any press. It makes me happy to know this-and at the same time I'm tearing up and feel sad.

Karen Faye ‏@wingheart March, 21th

The TRUE meaning of legacy is not a soda can, Vegas show, or fake vocal tracks. Thank you Michael and Lisa. pic.twitter.com/CMLAdHkgmw

Karen Faye ‏@wingheart March, 21th

@LisaPresley ❤your and Michael's legacy is forever sealed in giving life and a future to a father and his new baby daughter.

^^What is wrong with this woman?

She missed the whole point. It seems she is mad with the estate about One, the promotion for Bad 25 with the soda cans, and the Cascio songs. What does that have to do with this kid. Not many people know about the new dad story, but more know about One and by going to see it they keep his legacy going. I guess she couldn't help taking a dig at the estate. She seems to be trying to suck up to Lisa when she had nothing good to say about in the past.

I agree with you Petra. Why did she put her hatred for the Estate with Béla's beautiful story and had to ruin it? No offense to Paris but fans should stop following her, seriously!

Back