I didn't know michael had his own website back in 2004.

Yes, but it sadly was totally mismanaged. I personally did not get the membership that was offered on the website, but plenty of fans did and were basically scammed out of their 50 bucks, as the team behind the website (Randy Jackson and Karen Faye, and Randy's girlfriend I think) never delivered what they said they would before the website folded somewhere in 2005. I think photos were supposed to be mailed to fans, and there was supposed to be a 'visit to Neverland/dinner with MJ' competition that never took place... It was strange in the first place that all this was offered in early 2005, with the trial about to take place.

Fans who paid for this never got their money back.

If memory serves me correct there was supposed to be some sort of web chat with Michael as well. I was one of the people duped out of $50.

If memory serves me correct there was supposed to be some sort of web chat with Michael as well. I was one of the people duped out of $50.
Oh yeah, that's true! And I'm sorry to hear you got duped.. :/

Yes, but it sadly was totally mismanaged. I personally did not get the membership that was offered on the website, but plenty of fans did and were basically scammed out of their 50 bucks, as the team behind the website (Randy Jackson and Karen Faye, and Randy's girlfriend I think) never delivered what they said they would before the website folded somewhere in 2005. I think photos were supposed to be mailed to fans, and there was supposed to be a 'visit to Neverland/dinner with MJ' competition that never took place... It was strange in the first place that all this was offered in early 2005, with the trial about to take place.

Fans who paid for this never got their money back.

oh man that's pretty messed up. I wonder how Michael felt about all of this. we fans were everything to him.

Wow, seriously? That really sucks! I knew Karen Faye got involved with something that pissed off the fans and Michael but didn't know what it was exactly. Terrible. :no:

oh man that's pretty messed up. I wonder how Michael felt about all of this. we fans were everything to him.

Obviously Michael felt very bad about it. He had his hands full with the trial preperations and then his brother does this to him. I think this was when his relationship with Randy turned real sour.

There are lots of info about MJJ source in the internets, just google MJJ Source.
Anyways it was Randy, Tanya and Karen running it and scamming people of their monies and Karen fake has nerve to put the blame on Michael.

Posted on November 15, 2005 by popdirt
Karen Faye, longtime friend and makeup artist for Michael Jackson, who ran the now defunct MJJSource.com contacted a fan about why the site has been shut down. “Yes Carla, I know all about it,” Faye told the e-mailer who posted the response at MJNI.com before the moderator removed it. “We have been patiently waiting Raymone Bain to make a statement about it for more than a week. MJJsource is down because we have had no cooperation with Michael and his present team. Without their complete support, we can not continue with the site. Please refer any questions to [e-mail redacted], she is Michael’s official spokesperson. I understand all the anger with the fans, but we have done everything in our power to live up to all the promises Michael has made. If he does not fulfill his promises…there is nothing we can do. We were Michael’s voice, but if he doesn’t wish to speak or pay the bills for MJJsource, there is nothing we can do. I personally am very hurt and sad about it, because we have worked very hard to do this for the fans. I do not want to stop talking to my friends….so you can find me here. Love, Karen”

With "friends" like Karen, who needs enemies?
She still carries on the same way, blame Michael behind his back and herself comes out as squeaky clean angel (re her testimony on AEG trial: MJ setting himself up to be the victim. I see his pattern once again emerging...)

Last edited:
That's why I'll never understand why some fans are still up in Karen's ... She's such a fake indeed. And she's still in Team Randy, which is obvious from her anti-Estate sentiment and the like.

I'm surprised that there would be any 'bills' for Michael to pay, if fans had already paid a subscription of $50 each........ Oh, perhaps the subscriptions didn't go towards paying for the site and the 'promises'.......

There are still little ghosts of the site left in the machine... like here.
If you type the address into the Wayback machine, when the counter reaches about 98 you get a logo (Innocent) and some music)

http://www.mjjsource.com/main/index.php?option=com_frontpage&id=1&Itemid=32

and here you get a dancing MJ logo
http://web.archive.org/web/20050331094716/http://mjjsource.com/

Last edited:

I was actually one of the people that won the chance to chat with Michael and Randy. I still have the email too.

I bet Michael didn't even authorize it or was aware of the "prizes" those 3 cons were offering, quite despicable and disgusting. I really thought only Randall was involved in that scam. Then I don't get why Michael didn't fire her in 2005 and rehired her in 2009 knowing how she blamed him for their crap, unless he didn't know she was also behind it.

I bet Michael didn't even authorize it or was aware of the "prizes" those 3 cons were offering, quite despicable and disgusting. I really thought only Randall was involved in that scam. Then I don't get why Michael didn't fire her in 2005 and rehired her in 2009 knowing how she blamed him for their crap, unless he didn't know she was also behind it.

I'm not so sure Michael knew that she blamed him behind his back. Karen fake is person who does things behind people's back and kiss ass on front.

Date: Monday, April 11,2005 4:54 PM

"CONGRATULATIONS!

You have been selected to participate in the first ever MJJsource CHAT with Michael
Jackson & Randy Jackson!

Unfortunately, the chat has been postponed due to the demands of the trial, but Michael
and Randy will be giving you their undivided attention on or about noon PT, May 8th,
2005!

Please respond to this email with confirmation that you will be available and willing to
participate. Also, please confirm your permission to post your name, as a winner, on
MJJsource.com.

More details and exact times will follow your confirmation.

Thank you!

Site Manager, MJJsource.com

KEEP DANCING."

At the time I was talking to other fans who won and none of us ever got any additional details and as we all know the site eventually just disappeared.

You guys I strongly, strongly doubt that this was one big giant con set up behind Michael's back. Michael knew about mjjsource, I remember some recorded statement that he'd made telling fans that it would be the new hub for accurate mj info. The trial popped up and when everyone saw how serious the situation was, like any person would do, any side projects got sidelined. Sometimes when emergencies happen, responsibilities get lost in the shuffle. Hear me out lol...

That said, it's extremely messy and unprofessional that fans weren't refunded for goods/services that were never received. I'm not ok with that happening, hell I'd be pissed off if I was out my hard-earned fifty bucks. But to say that it was a giant scheme to swindle fans out of money behind Michael's back is just way too extreme. A possible couple of thousand dollars' gain WOULD NOT have been worth risking a close relationship with Michael; fake "insiders" do those kinds of schemes lol, real "insiders" have too much at stake to be bothered with such chump change cons (if they're the type of people to even con others to begin with).

Put it into perspective guys.... Michael didn't know if he'd end up having to serve a long prison sentence. He'd loose his kids, his homes, his career, credibility as a humanitarian, friends, his fortune, the Jackson family would loose their number 1 bread-winner, etc. His WHOLE LIFE was being threatened to be erased from right his feet. He had a lot of very serious, very POSSIBLE real life worries getting thrown at him from every angle at 100 miles per hour. Honestly, of everything thing that was on Michael and his staff's minds at the time, I'm sure refunding a group of fans for a project that fell through was at the very, very, very, very, very bottom of that list of things lol.

Was it the site's staff and ultimately Michael's responsibility to do right by his fans and refund them? ABSOLUTELY YES. Was it sh-tty business practice? ABSOLUTELY YES. Was this scam orchestrated? I honestly don't think it was. If anything, with the enormous drama of the trial that unfolded, it was sadly one of those little administrative snafus that ended up slipping through the cracks.

Now I don't understand what Karen ever did to Michael that was so vile and vicious to deserve such.... to be real, hatred from fans lol. She's flubbed a judgement call or two (at least in my eyes), but she's allowed to, she's human. I can't hate her for anything, one I'm not close enough to her to be that emotionally invested either way, and two I haven't seen/heard her doing anything that deserves "hate". I'm not even going to go into the AEG days as far as she's concerned lol, 'nother discussion for another thread lol. I met her a couple of times and she seemed perfectly nice and personable. For the record, I'm not a "Karen supporter". I'm not a "Karen hater" either. I just try to give respect (or dole out blame) in an amount befitting the situation. From what I saw at the trial with my own eyes, Randy and Karen were both present, often. Maybe they were too involved with supporting Michael in his dark time to fuss over details of botched business ventures? Think of it like this:

You come home from work one day to find out that you've been accused of murder. Your face is splashed all over the evening news. Your boss calls and tells you that you're fired. Your kids are staring up at you wondering what's going to happen to them if mommy/daddy goes up the river. Your mortgage note is due. Your car note is due. There's a freeze on your bank account and your family is blowing up your phone trying to get information out of you. So you try to calm yourself and formulate a plan of attack. Can any of you honestly say that in that scenario, in all of that chaos, one of your first tasks to accomplish would be to get that $32 dollars that you owed a friend for dinner six months ago back to him/her??? lol

I'm not excusing Michael and staff of their liability. They were totally in the wrong. I'm so sorry that some of you lost your money over a blown-out deal. But given the circumstances of the time, I think Michael and his staff kinda had bigger fish to fry. If I gotta leave work early because my family member has been rushed to the hospital, much to my company's chagrin lol, the rest of my work ain't getting done that day lol; if you catch my drift...

I hope I didn't step on any toes, definitely wasn't my intention. I just felt really strongly that a step back in order to get some perspective couldn't hurt. Please forgive me if I've offended you... :agree:

^^ Michael might have been aware of MJJ source and approved it, but I don't think he was aware of scamming that was Randy and Karen's side-business. I'm not even sure MJ knew there was money going to change hands for chat with him.

MJ being in that situation in 2003-2005, so I don't think he had time or willingness to check every little detail, so he trusted Randy and Karen fake, but it is not the first or last time , that someone he trusted screws him/fans over.

There was an interesting quote in bodyguards book:
"Michael Jackson had an effect on people. It’s hard to describe. Once he let people in, they started feeling possessive of him. Like, He’s mine! People didn't do it on purpose; he brought it out of them because he was bigger than life. He’s calling them personally, giving them leeway to dictate certain stuff, and they start to feel like, Okay, he trusts me. They see how vulnerable and hurt he is. They see all these other people trying to use him and take advantage of him. So they start to think, If I’m the one in control, I’ll make sure he’s okay.

So once he lets someone in, pretty soon they’re starting to speak on his behalf, as opposed to letting him make his own decisions. They know if they do it, they won’t get that much flak, because they know Mr. Jackson doesn't question things. They start to feel like they’re in control, but to keep that control, they've got to manipulate everybody else that’s trying to get at Mr. Jackson. So they’re spreading lies about this person or telling Mr. Jackson not to trust that person."

That screams Karen fake all over. She is/was possessive of Michael, and in really bad way. By hearing her testimony in AEG trial and how he acted months prior MJ's death, seemed to me that she might have crossed over and have some serious mental heath issues.

Put it into perspective guys.... Michael didn't know if he'd end up having to serve a long prison sentence. He'd loose his kids, his homes, his career, credibility as a humanitarian, friends, his fortune, the Jackson family would loose their number 1 bread-winner, etc. His WHOLE LIFE was being threatened to be erased from right his feet. He had a lot of very serious, very POSSIBLE real life worries getting thrown at him from every angle at 100 miles per hour.

Do you think it was Michael´s idea to chat with fans in the middle of the trial? When he was fighting for his life?

Maybe he said yes when they asked but not thinking about how occupied he would be during the trial. The judge was on top of him every day it seemed with threats about jail if not showing up in time. The trial took more of his time than expected maybe. We can´t be sure about anything.

When it comes to Karen I don´t know.. I don´t hate her and I don´t like her and sometimes it seem that fans jump on everything she says or write, and I have seen fans not reading all she writes and then get it all wrong when they show their hate for her. I don´t defend her since sometimes she is a complete idiot too when not reading all that is written and comes to a conclusion before finished reading. Fans do the same at times. I understand fans doesn´t like her, I don´t like her either from time to time or most of the time, but I don´t think she deserves the hate she gets either. Fans being angry when she wrote about Michael´s personal life on her facebook and twitter. But those same fans love the books that also are about even more private things.

MJ being in that situation in 2003-2005, so I don't think he had time or willingness to check every little detail.

I agree. If Michael couldn't deal with the site personally at some point, then Randy should have stepped in and made sure fans got their money back when the plans fell through, in my opinion. After all, he was supposed to be taking care of Michael's business since Michael was preparing to fight in court for not just his career, but his life as well. And for Karen to blame that fiasco on Michael given the seriousness of the situation he was already in and when Randy was supposed to be in control of things for him has always bothered me. Given the problems Michael was facing at that time (and that everybody knew about), this did not have to happen.

Last edited:
MIST;3975002 said:
Do you think it was Michael´s idea to chat with fans in the middle of the trial? When he was fighting for his life?

No, but I feel that it may have been planned before the trial got into full swing. As we all saw, it became very apparent very fast that the trial would need all of his focus.

Virre;3975013 said:
Maybe he said yes when they asked but not thinking about how occupied he would be during the trial. The judge was on top of him every day it seemed with threats about jail if not showing up in time. The trial took more of his time than expected maybe. We can´t be sure about anything.

That's what I'm thinking too. But like you said, none of us will never really know for sure.

what went down with MJJsource is still foggy to me.. can anyone dumb it down for me?

MJJSOURCE was Michaels official website during the Santa Maria Trial.

It was set up and run by Randy Jackson, Randy's girlfriend Taunya Zilkie and Karen Faye with the help of various fan club owners who were volunteers.

Its original purpose was to be a voice for Michael, where official statements could be posted and fans could get up to date accurate media spin free information about what was happening in the court.

In December 2004 the website changed direction, created a premium membership fee of $49.99 which would give access to hidden content as well as promising competitions and online chats among other things.

email3large.jpg
chatpostponed.jpg

They also promised a trip to Neverland.
compdetailslarge2.jpg

In a nutshell that's what happened. These are some screencaps from fans who got dupped with their $50,00 dollars

^ remember these things, no money was ever returned?? I just figured because of the trial etc. things like a chat and visit to Neverland just wasn't practical. But since I never put money into anything I never fallowed to see if money was returned...

Also didnt randy do something really bad the day mchael was arrested?
'

Did not see this lasting if Randy had a hand in it. It would have been great if real ppls was running this that believe in Michael.

Michael doesn't seem like the guy to charge his fans $50 for "exclusive content".

Looks to me that someone else (close to him) decided to make money from his name. How often have we heard that before?

Sharks everywhere.

Poor Michael :(

Back