Sony calling MJ the self-proclaimed King of pop

bad25

Proud Member
On the 15th July 2009, Sony posted this on MJ's Official website:
mjjpg.jpg

They misjudged the impact of MJ so they dare to do this. But after receiving probably thousands of fans' complaint letters only they learnt how to be respectful towards MJ. :eek:ldsmile:

i hate sony whatever they do now, it's just for business not out of genuine respect so they can go to hell with their fake self

Last edited:
mjjpg.jpg

They misjudged the impact of MJ so they dare to do this. But after receiving probably thousands of fans' complaint letters only they learnt how to be respectful towards MJ. :eek:ldsmile:

i hate sony whatever they do now, it's just for business not out of genuine respect so they can go to hell with their fake self

Good god man. Get a life.

Now we know your real motive for posting negative cr@p on the Xscape thread.

Busted!

Good god man. Get a life.

Now we know your real motive for posting negative cr@p on the Xscape thread.

Busted!

WOW..I never expect this kind of response! you know what I thought fans would be angry over what SONY did to MJ INSTEAD OF being angry/frustrated over what I've posted.

Have my HONEST opinion and posts got you more agitated than what SONY had done to MJ?

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MY MOTIVE? To get all the fans to boycott MJ's project because I dislike Sony??

I have bought over 10 copies of MICHAEL even though I dislike Sony. I have mentioned before I'm going to buy the new album irregardless of what I think of the whole project. I have said I like Xscape. I AM supporting MJ YET you focused on my posts that you didn't like to read?

I'm posting this thread to refresh everyone's memory! because a lot of people seem to think that MJ was on such a great term with Sony just because he worked with Sony for Thriller 25. It is clearly NOT the case. They DISRESPECTED him EVEN after his death, and they DID that on his very OWN OFFICIAL website.

Yeah this happened 5 years ago and this is history. so I shall not post this thread now
and act as if this never happened.

Last edited:
The self-proclaimed thing might be just a copy-paste error that happened while taking the info from Wikipedia.

Geez, get over it already.

What about the errors regarding the years from TUC. Was that Michael's fault?

...it seriously makes me laugh that you're so under educated with this situation.

I'm not even going to waste my time talking to you about this, but Michael forgave Sony entirely.

It was posted on the forum, so it could be an error by a moderator. They removed / corrected it in less than 6 hours.

mjjpg.jpg

I don't hate Sony but I don't support them either... I won't buy none of their things they're making come out after Michael's Death (sorry, I use the word "things" because I don't feel calling them "albums", for various reasons...)

None of this anti-Sony talk registers with me, for various reasons:

- Michael's problem was with Tommy Mottolla, not Sony Records as a whole.

- Mottolla refused to promote Invincible because Michael went around to numerous people and said that as soon as it was released, he would leave. No record label is going to promote an artist's final record under their distribution, whether it's Michael Jackson or anyone else.

- After Mottolla resigned in January 2003, Michael went back for numerous projects, including Thriller 25 and The Ultimate Collection.

- In November 2008, Michael spoke to several Sony executives about releasing an Off the Wall 30 formatted in a similar style to T25, due to the latter's monumental worldwide success. Michael came up with the idea and kept it on his radar up until weeks before he passed away.

- Sony did not make any of the posthumous projects; they are simply the distributors and primary promoters. The estate made the Michael album; Sony just put it out there.

If there is anything anyone can justifiably yell at Sony for, it is for a lack of promotion surrounding Michael's music. Some of you are just mad because you look at Michael as a figure who can do no wrong and is absolutely perfect, so therefore any problems he faces cannot be his fault. It's ridiculous, and those of you who think that way need a serious reality check.

Last edited:
Back