How can you really tell if you are good looking or not?

Vengeance

Proud Member
I've spent most of my life with little to no interest from anyone but yet older people tell me i'm good looking so I don't know if i'm so good looking that nobody wants to approach me (doubt that) or whether I am just ugly and the older people are just trying to be nice. Either way I foresee a very lonely life for myself. I dont want to be alone forever, what if I'm just a weirdo.:'(. life is so painful.. & I am see insecure these days, i'm sure its going to just keep running back on me in circles.

Last edited:
nevermind, i've realised that i'm not wanted here, this isn't the right place to find friends, I'm better of as I am bye

I don't know if you are going to come back or not, but I'll post anyway. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. If a person tells you that you are attractive they probably mean it. The thing is your self doubt is probably making you unapproachable to those who might be interested in you. When you wake up in the morning start telling yourself positive things. See the positivity in the ability to be able to do things like open your eyes and live another day. There will always be negativity around but you have to learn how to surround yourself with positive thoughts and people. Realize that you are strong enough to get through any trial that comes your way. I don't know your situation, but I hope things get better for you. Life is too precious. You need to learn how to enjoy it and find yourself worth.

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say this. Confidence is attractive. You can be a pretty girl, but if everything in your body language screams "stay away", you can be certain that no one thinks twice about approaching you. So, smile. =) I'm pretty average and when I'm not feeling my best, I blend in with my surroundings without anyone really noticing. However, when I'm in an upbeat mood, I get lots of smiles and eye contact. It really makes a huge difference!

I went through these phases in my life. The best thing is to not listen to others - if it's my body, then I should decide what to do with it. My family has a different opinion on what's attractive, I have mine, but I'm an adult, so I do what I please. For example, I used to have very short hair when I was a child and I hated it, so I grew it. Now it's slightly over a shoulder length (which reminds me I'll have to see a hairdresser soon) and I'm fine with it.

I don't think there's a universal beauty standard and I believe that other things count, too, at least for me. I find Michael sexy, OMG, all the dirty stuff I'd do to him, but lots of people don't understand it and they turn their eyes on someone I don't like. Preferences vary from person to person. Besides, what one looks like needn't be the most important thing people look for in a potential partner.

There really isn't a simple way to tell. What you think may not be the same as others think, whether it comes to you own looks, or someone else's . But no matter what, there will ALWAYS be at least one person who think you look good, and at least one person who think you don't look good. there's not some kind of formula to follow that automatically makes you look good in every persons eyes. If a person looks good to you, then you youself "can tell that person really looks good". But that doesn't mean the person looks good to everyone else ;)

Back