Give In To Me , Grunge pararells?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I don't know if this is common knowledge in the fan community but yesterday it dawned upon me, just after I watched the video for Give In To Me, the clothes, the venue, the setting,(and even the song), it all was very reminiscent of a typical grunge/Seattle rock concert. That genre became very big at that time, as Michael probably knew, do you think he intentionally did that to attract a wider audience and to compete with the emergence of that genre?

One of my favs by the way :)

That's a good point..I mean, even Slash was wearing the checked shirt which was a staple for grunge fashion at the time :thinking:.

1238793080.jpg

That's a good point..I mean, even Slash was wearing the checked shirt which was a staple for grunge fashion at the time :thinking:.

1238793080.jpg

Yeah! Even mike had a sorta grunge approach but with MJ flavor of course. Every one in the band was wearing those type of checked flannel shirts. Interesting :)

absolutely love that song. One of MJ's most underrated gems ever.

It's a really great song and a tremendous showcase of MJ's versatility. I would've loved to hear him record more harder rock stuff because he does it really fantastic. Totally gets into it. It's great how he could sound sweet as ever yet come off as incredibly pissed off and angry (and still sound good!) on other tracks.

This reminds me of an amazing remix I came across a while ago. If this doesn't prove Starwars' great point, I dont't know what would.

^^^ Wow, I usually hate remixes, but this is really cool! Thanks for posting it Coduscus.

Back