A Place Without No Name (Stargate 2014) Stream

Why would you put up the artwork before the song? That's just cruel.

It's not bad but as of now im preferring the leaked version after the first listen. Production sounds good but I dont think the vibe is more fitting than the previous version we've heard. Maybe I'll change my mind after I hear it in the car.

I never was a huge fan of how much the demo resembled America's song, and I welcome the new production and the clarity of the vocals. Makes me wanna do the Bernie. (haha) nobody else thought of that dance when listening to this song?

I have to say I already loved the demo version very much that I didn't think it needs to be retouched at all. I was half expecting them to release the way it is with probably few changes.. but I have been PROVEN WRONG!

This new version is freakin AWESOME!! :D I LOVE IT!! :D :D

It's weird and flat. Not feeling that at all.

When they played that back vs the demo...why wouldn't they think...this is rubbish? It barely works lol. Nexxxxt. Demo please!

Not blown away by this. After first couple of listens the demo is way superior to me. Based on the demo I thought APWNN has single potential, but I don't think it does any more with this remix. This is the first song I will say they ruined with the new mix. A pity because this song had potential.

This is my favorite of the tracks we've heard so far. I'm blown away by how great this version is. What an amazing 80s vibe. Love it!

I like this track very much .. :) I was jamming to it. but I Love the demo. Im not getting anyone saying this is ruined. Its just different than the demo and still very powerful. Just because you may like the demo better as I do doesn't mean this isnt a great track. Listen to it a few times as Michael says. The more I hear it the better I like it :)

Last edited:
I like the track very much .. :) but I Love the demo. Im not getting anyone saying this is ruined. Its just different and still very powerful. Just because you may like the demo better as I do doesn't mean this isnt a good track. Listen to it a few times as Michael says. The more I hear it the better I like it :)

Must admit... with several plays, it's starting to get better... just wish they picked a better sound than that electro horn is all...

Absolutely outstanding. I honestly don't even want to listen to the leaked version anymore, simply due to the fact that it's so boring when compared to this (at least the verses are).

Releasing the demo version as a single is promotional suicide. The last thing the estate wants to release is a song that is a remake of another famous song. All anyone will be able to say is, "MICHAEL JACKSON COPIES AMERICA". This new version masks the comparisons and brings the song into a new light.

This shouldn't become a single...

@Dangerous_Inc on twitter:
A Place With No Name (Xscape Remix) sounds like a midi file that could be a soundtrack for the Moonwalker game. #MJSXSCAPE

^^^exactly, alwaysthere

This version just blows the demo out of the water imo. This is exciting, funky, and a perfect frame to showcase Michael's outstanding vocals.

After hearing the entire song, I can understand everyone's mixed feelings. It starts out kinda weird, but starting with the first chorus I can really start jamming to it. :)

Why do they do stuff like just blatantly rip off the Leave Me Alone sample?

I like it as a REMIX. But if it were to ever be completed, I would have liked the original or re-recorded guiar riff. That's kind of what makes the song.

That's how I'm viewing all these songs. As remixes. Because other than LNFSG so far, they all sound like remixes you'd find on the single of his songs.

Meanwhile, I'm sittin here like

james3.gif

This shouldn't become a single...

@Dangerous_Inc on twitter:
A Place With No Name (Xscape Remix) sounds like a midi file that could be a soundtrack for the Moonwalker game. #MJSXSCAPE

That's a good description of it... :(

I like it as a REMIX. But if it were to ever be completed, I would have liked the original or re-recorded guiar riff. That's kind of what makes the song.

That's how I'm viewing all these songs. As remixes. Because other than LNFSG so far, they all sound like remixes you'd find on the single of his songs.

Meanwhile, I'm sittin here like

james3.gif

This gif goes perfectly with the beat of the song right now, haha!

I see what one of the media peeps that went to the listening party meant by saying the chorus ended up staying in his head throughout the day. Along with DYKWYCA.

I actually really like this remix, even though I still love the leaked version. They're both good for different reasons. I like the rawness and grittiness of the original, but I do like the modern feel of this remix. Come to think of it there are a few remixes of Michael's from way back that I really like so personally I have nothing against new takes on songs (For example I've always liked the Ummah History Mix for its smooth laid back vibe, while still loving the triumphant feel of the original). The beat in the verses kinda reminds me of Black Skinhead by Kanye West (although more subtle) while still retaining an electronic 80s vibe to it. I thought it sounded weird at first too probably because I'm still use to the leaked version but it gets better after each listen. The chorus is real nice! Still looking forward to the original though :)

After hearing it In the car two more times I like it much better and can view it separately fr the demo which I still prefer. Not bad at all tho, just isn't headphone music. You need a good system to truly judge this production

My opinion to the Album Xscape:

TIMBALAND RUINED XSCAPE!! -.-

Back