The Story of a UK fan! :D

MJJUK

Proud Member
Hello all!

So exciting to finally be joining the MJJCommunity! :')

So, my story starts a bit turbulent... I wasn't a Michael fan at first.

I was born in 1996 and whilst growing up, I wasn't really exposed or in fact listened to much pop music, including MJ. I was aware of him, unfortunately due the amount of press he got during the 2005 trial. But before his death, the only song of his I had actually heard was 'Billie Jean', which I instantly fell in love with. But it would take me many years to discover this song introduced the legendary moonwalk.

When Michael died on 25th June 2009, it was ironically my brother birthday, so at the time that took precedence. But I'll always remember my mum waking me up that morning and saying 'Michael Jackson's died' and me being like, 'whuu... who?' I was having a slow day :')

Watching his death being reported on the news they played snippets of his classic catalogue. The first song they played was 'Beat It' and this song has become my favourite MJ song ever. I just instantly was hooked and during the next week, I got to indulge my 13 year old self with MJ's legendary albums, Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, the lot!

By Christmas 2009, I had gone from not knowing anything about Michael, to practically everything! I had all the studio albums, live concerts and documentaries available. I had become a real Michael fan.

By the time of the first anniversary of Michael's death in June 2010, I took a moment to reflect how Michael and his music had changed my life. Not only did his music encourage me to seek out other greats of the past and present, but it also made me more confident. Through Michael's music, I got into singing and dancing and since have developed quite amicably, although I still can't moonwalk :') I became more confident as an actor also, which is what I hope to eventually be once I'm out of school. Plain and simply, Michael Jackson changed my life for the better, as he has had the same effect on billions of people worldwide.

So, fast forward to 2014, I'm still a huge MJ fan! Finally got the Visionary Box Set and started getting as many singles and albums on vinyl as possible! So the passion and love is still there and I'm grateful for it all. So thank you Michael, as said many a time in the past 5 years, you truly were Gone Too Soon.

That's my story of how I became a fan, I hope to here all your stories too! Everyone has a story, and every story is always worth a tell if someone will listen, and I'll be here listening :)

Peace and love to the MJFam!

Adam (MJJJUK)

Welcome to the board mjjuk! That's a great story and fantastic you dived head first into the music! But my question is, five years on, have you finally learned to moonwalk yet? :cheeky:

Back