Would you Welcome Back XSCAPE's PRODUCTION TEAM? For Future Albums.

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
After hearing Xscape, and many of the other songs.

Would you welcome back:

Timbaland, Stargate, J-Roc and Darkchild (Rodney Jerkins) back for Future Posthumous albums?

I say, yes. 100%. Every track is good in its own way and I can't point out one track I am not completely satisfied with in one way or another.

This poll is a yes or no question. Its this team or no team.

(couldn't find out how to make a poll so if this could become a poll)
otherwise just post a yes they should come back, or no they shouldn't.

No way. The original people who worked on and played on these demos in the first place are alive. They need to use them. Brad Sundberg, Bruce Swedien, Quincy, Dave Foster, Michael Prince, Toto, etc. Finish his work, don't redo it!

Quincy Jones? After all he did to Michael? :/

Depends, if they won't go for those video game sounds again which totally ruined DYKWYCA. All the other songs are great, though. So I would say yes.

Last edited:
With the exception of stargate yes

People really need to let go of Michael and Quincy lol. I mean what they done was amazing, but Michael had as much and more success after there music making.

Off The Wall, Thriller and BAD were amazing, lets move on, Michael did in 1991

I definitely would! I'm very happy with all 3 producers/teams. The only song that I didn't like so much is Slave, but everything is top notch and amazing! They've done a great job overall.

No. Bring back the original producers to finish Michael's tracks and not revision them.

VERY little chance of Quincy ever coming back.

But I would welcome them back with open arms.

- Rodney Jerkins (should do 70% of the next album)
- Timbaland
- NO McClain
- No Stargate, they turn MJ into Rihannas Only Girl.

Im not talking about WHO you want back via Riley or Q. (Q is old. Hes never coming back. He also has poor ears now)

Im just talking about people that produced Xscape.
Stargate, J-Roc, Timbaland, and Jerkins.

Yes. As well as whomever is in charge of the promotion of Xscape, it has been much much better than MICHAEL promotions. I wouldn't mind if they want to work on the next posthumous release.

To keep it real, MJ alone cannot sell itself anymore (gone too soon), as well as the sound presented in the originals/demos. Not that they're terrible, no... but in order to attract the general public they need that "contemporizing" sound to introduce and remind the people who's the greatest (as what the collaborators coined). They could get the original collaborators yes, but would they meet today's industry's tastes? PEople need to remember it's not about only serving the hardcore fans, you also have the global audience. And this is my very own opinion, but I think they've done that, without going too far, they kept it respectable and in their efforts for the love of the King of Pop. Their work is not going to please EVERYONE, to be honest, who is ever satisfied in a fan community? There will always be compromises in posthumous releases.

I'm a young adult, but have been a fan of Michael ever since I was 5 years old (though I like to think I was before I was even born because mother would play his music all the time when I was in her belly :)), so through the years just like others I've seen and felt the "magic" and excitement that surrounded Michael when he was still walking this Earth. We know his discography forward and backwards. We've heard demos and unreleased originals. But to me, doesn't mean I should stomp down the efforts of what the current team is trying to do, and I think they've done a fantastic job with what they CAN do and CAN have. Sure, there are songs that stand out to me than others, it just means I'll play those more. You have to get in a zone without knowledge of the sound of the demos in order to be touched by the production. Giving it a few listens.

Overall, from the sounds of what we heard so far, I think they did a good job bringing Michael into light and showcasing his works into tastes of their own while still maintaining the heart of the demos. Like painting a picture of the sunset... you won't capture it exactly right, but it's beautiful in it's own way because you'll paint highlights of it, the colors and luminosity that tugs your heart. :) I like to think each collaborator did that, and since their mostly fans of MJ, his music and talent speaks to them and US in different ways. Ways that are subjective so it's not going to speak to everybody, but I like to think as long as Michael's voice does the job of telling a story in these productions... that it actually speaks to you, than that's what matters as well.

Jerkins should take the full album. That guy made great great music on Xscape. Timbaland shouldn't have the full album but a Jerkins/Timbaland balance would be perfect for me.

Absolutely & 1000% YES YES YES!

As i alway imagined: MJ & Timbaland would have been THE KILLER combo.
Let Timbo work his magic with future MJ unreleased tracks.

Stargate: What can i say? Just: Give me more!

Rodney did great on both Mixes of 'Xscape'. My fav is the OG mix, but i can see how his new version is maybe more friendlier to the ear of the public. So he should always be (at least) considered for the tracks he originally worked on (and there are still some more).

Can't say one bad word about John Mc Lain. I love all his productions to this day. The one & only tiny flaw is the Live-interludes in 'Behind The Mask'.

Last edited:
YES !!!

Especially Stargate … Their work surprised me the most, they, of all Xscape producers, are most open to experiments with music and that is wonderful !!! And I wish more songs for Rodney Jerkins next time.

a big HELL NO, they ruined DYKWYCA and APWNN...Xscape ruined,,,STTR and BG idk... like wtf lol no no no. Love Never Felt So Good was perfect because it kept the original essence

Oh Yesss! Also the guys that are in charge of the Xscape promotion.

No. Nothing against any of the new mixes but I think they should use new producers for new mixes the way they did on this project. The most important thing is that they once again release the original mixes with the new ones. IMO this was what made this album. I wish they would re-release michael in the same format.

Make him a bigger superstar and produce 3 of the best albums ever made? lol MJ fam you guys need to get a grip.

Then, after Michael's death, say that Michael didn't have vitiligo, he didn't want to be black and then sue his estate? lol you need to read up on your history. Quincy can go screw himself.

Back