Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Victory2004

Proud Member
As you see by that title WB has officially named the next film continuing the DC CInematic Movie Universe: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. It'll be in theaters March 25, 2016. Here's the logo:

Last edited:
I fear that this will be something really bad. I'm not sure if I want Superman-Batman movie to be made at all. It works much better in cartoons. Also the name would be a lot better without the Dawn of Justice part.

I fear that this will be something really bad. I'm not sure if I want Superman-Batman movie to be made at all. It works much better in cartoons. Also the name would be a lot better without the Dawn of Justice part.
I disagree on it being something "really bad" cus we won't know until we finally watch it and I would agree about the Dawn of Justice subtitle but i'm fine with it.

First official picture of Superman:
Henry-Cavill-Superman-BvS-HQ.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Moves to March 25, 2016!

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
August 6, 2014

BVSheader.jpg

Justice is set to dawn nearly two months earlier than originally planned! Warner Bros. Pictures has moved the release of their highly-anticipated superhero team-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice to March 25, 2016! The original date of May 6, 2016 had the film opening opposite Marvel Studios' Captain America 3. It will now go up against Brett Ratner's Beverly Hills Cop, while Dean Devlin's Geostorm, originally set for that date, has been moved to an unspecified 2016 release.

The Zack Snyder-directed action adventure stars Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Diane Lane, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter and Scoot McNairy.

UPDATE: Warner Bros. Pictures has now mapped out a massive schedule of DC Comics properties! The mystery DC Comics films are set for release on:

- August 5, 2016
- June 23, 2017
- November 17, 2017
- March 23, 2018
- July 27, 2018
- April 5, 2019
- June 14, 2019
- April 3, 2020
- June 19, 2020

They've also scheduled "event" films (i.e., not necessarily DC Comics related) for November 16, 2018 and November 20, 2020.

?
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121554

Last edited:
Warner Bros. President Talks Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Release Date Shuffle

Source: EW
August 8, 2014

BVSheader.jpg

As you may have heard, earlier this week Warner Bros. decided to move the release date for the highly-anticipated Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice from May 6, 2016 to March 25, 2016. Ever since the film initially moved to the May 6th date, many fans, including our own Ed Douglas, begged one of the two companies to do the sensible thing and move the film. Now that it has happened, Warner Bros.’ president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman spoke with EW about why their most recent move is the smart thing to do.

"The reality now is there really isn't a bad week to open a movie," Fellman said. "If you look at the summer box office this year, you can see that there were so many movies, one after the other. You can start with Spider-Man, two weeks later Godzilla, and then Maleficent, and then Edge of Tomorrow, and then Jump Street and Transformers. And the one thing they all had in common, not one of them did over $250 million. We'll be the first one up [in 2016], which is very important, and we'll have six weeks before Captain America comes in."

Fellman also confirmed that the initial push of the film's release date of July 2015 to May 2016, and landing on the same day as Marvel's Captain America 3, was because they believed Marvel Studios wouldn't have a film ready to release on that date.

"In terms of going back and reviewing the situation, it looked to us--and maybe our reconnaissance wasn't great--that they were not going to have a movie [ready] on that date. Just that they held onto it and they might not be able to deliver. But they took another position."

Fellman also teased that at least a few of the recently dated DC films will likely be announced by the end of the month, and reportedly said that we might not have to wait long for the first official Justice League team-up following "Batman v Superman."

"While it hasn't been officially announced, I think it's a pretty good bet."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121630

Last edited:
Warner Bros.' DC Comics Movie Slate Fully Revealed!

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
October 15, 2014

justice-league-header-33333.jpg

While speaking at Time Warner Investor Day, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara fully revealed their DC Comics movie slate, which was previously filled with nine untitled films.

2016 will see the release of the previously-confirmed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but also the Suicide Squad movie has now been placed in the August 5, 2016 release date. Additional releases for the year will include the previously-reported LEGO Ninjago on September 23 and the "Harry Potter" spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on November 18.

2017 will see the release of the just-announced The LEGO Batman Movie on May 26, 2017 with a Wonder Woman solo film coming June 23 and the Zack Snyder-directed Justice League Part One, featuring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles, on November 10.

2018 will see the release of two solo DC films with The Flash on March 23, 2018, starring The Perks of Being a Wallflower and We Need to Talk About Kevin's Ezra Miller in the title role, in addition to Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa, on July 27. We'll also get a sequel to The LEGO Movie on May 25 and the second Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them later that year.

In 2019, WB will release Shazam, starring Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam, on April 5, 2019, and Justice League Part Two, once again to be directed by Zack Snyder, on June 14, 2019 .

2020 brings us two more solo films with Cyborg, starring Ray Fisher, on April 3, 2020 and a reboot of Green Lantern on June 19. A third Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will also be released later that year.

Furthermore WB has also confirmed that solo films for both Batman and Superman are also in development though no release date has been set for either. Here are highlights from the press release:

As part of his presentation, Tsujihara announced a bold expansion of the industry's broadest theatrical slate, built around the largest, most important global franchises. Warner Bros. Pictures will release three LEGO-branded films over the next four years, building upon the enormous success of this year's "The LEGO Movie" ($468 million worldwide box office), starting with "Ninjago" in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Batman will take a star turn in "The LEGO Batman Movie" in 2017, directed by Chris McKay, and the sequel, "The LEGO Movie 2," will debut in 2018.

The Studio will release three pictures, in 2016, 2018 and 2020, based on best-selling author J.K. Rowling's original story and screenwriting debut, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." Set in an extension of her familiar wizarding world, featuring magical creatures and characters inspired by Harry Potter's Hogwarts textbook and its fictitious author, Newt Scamander, "Fantastic Beasts" will be directed by David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter movies, and reunite the filmmaking team of David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.

And, in a massive expansion of the Studio's DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies--as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films--from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

- "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- "Suicide Squad," directed by David Ayer (2016)
- "Wonder Woman," starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- "Justice League Part One," directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
- "The Flash," starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- "Aquaman," starring Jason Momoa (2018)
- "Shazam" (2019)
- "Justice League Part Two," directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- "Cyborg," starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- "Green Lantern" (2020)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124052

About freaking time they get a Justice League movie going. I just hope it doesn't suck.

Also, The Rock as Black Adam? Freaking sweet. As someone who was a huge fangirl of his in the past, I hope he owns this role and goes crazy with it. XD

The trailer leaked online on thursday so WB had no choice but to release the HD version the next day

I wonder how they make the fight between them? Superman could kill Batman with one punch. I don't really see how that armor will help much. Also they really should leave Wonder Woman and Aquaman out because the movie has too many characters.

Not sure how to feel about this movie. The trailer had an interesting setup but it also felt "meh". And why does Batman sound like a Transformer? o_O

^^It's because of a modulator in his Robot suit that he uses while going toe to toe with superman.

I'm so ready for this! My god batman look ferocious! Straight out of the comic books. I have been waiting for them to do batman the right way and by the look of it this may be it.

I wonder how they make the fight between them? Superman could kill Batman with one punch. I don't really see how that armor will help much. Also they really should leave Wonder Woman and Aquaman out because the movie has too many characters.

I'm sure they will only have cameos and not be a distraction or anything. I really believe that the team that wrote this movie knows what their doing. Too much is at stake here to do a gamble like that. Everything has been thoroughly thought out, i'm sure of it.

Have you read or seen Frank's Miller "The Dark Knight Returns?" That's the storyline that serves as inspiration for this movie. In that story line batman actually beat Superman but not just with brute force, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Last edited:
How is it "too many characters"? Also you do know they are only making cameo's in the film, right? Well Batman is smart and then there's this little green rock called Kryptonite.

Not sure how to feel about this movie. The trailer had an interesting setup but it also felt "meh". And why does Batman sound like a Transformer? o_O
Not sure how it feels "meh" but ok. As themidwestcowboy said, it's a modulator in his suit.

^^It's because of a modulator in his Robot suit that he uses while going toe to toe with superman.

I'm so ready for this! My god batman look ferocious! Straight out of the comic books. I have been waiting for them to do batman the right way and by the look of it this may be it.
I like the way Nolan did Batman in his trilogy. I also am curious to see how they bring TDKR comic to life cus so far it looks amazing. With Zack Snyder's visual direction and chris terrio's script, this has a chance of being great.

Ah okay. I noticed his suit looked very robot-like at the end. Thanks for clarifying!

How is it "too many characters"? Also you do know they are only making cameo's in the film, right? Well Batman is smart and then there's this little green rock called Kryptonite.

If they are just cameos they shouldn't show them before the release. They have made posters for both Wonder Woman and Aquaman so I'm sure they aren't just cameos.

If they are just cameos they shouldn't show them before the release. They have made posters for both Wonder Woman and Aquaman so I'm sure they aren't just cameos.

They want to promote this movie in the most effective way so it's understandable that they would wqnt to release images off them to get the audience amped up. It has been said that Aquaman's will have a tiny cameo. Wonder Woman will also have a small role nothing major. They are setting this up for a Justice League movie that comes out the year after Batman vs Superman so that's why these heroes will have appear in small roles. I bet Aquaman's and Wonder Woman aren't the only heroes, besides Superman and Batman, that you'll see in the movie.

The first Avengers movie had like 7 or 8 main characters, the second movie will have 12, the first critically acclaimed x-men movie was made out of an ensemble of characters, the critically acclaimed watchmen movie had and ensamble of characters. You can have as many characters as you want just as long as it fits in with the script and they serve an actual purpose.

The wrong way to do it is like how they did it with Spiderman 3 and The Amazing spiderman 2, imo of course

Last edited:
They want to promote this movie in the most effective way so it's understandable that they would want to release images off them to get the audience amped up. It has been said that Aquaman's will have a tiny cameo. Wonder Woman will also have a small role nothing major. They are setting this up for a Justice League movie that comes out the year after Batman v Superman so that's why these heroes will have appear in small roles. I bet Aquaman's and Wonder Woman aren't the only heroes, besides Superman and Batman, that you'll see in the movie.

The first Avengers movie had like 7 or 8 main characters, the second movie will have 12, the first critically acclaimed x-men movie was made out of an ensemble of characters, the critically acclaimed Watchmen movie had and ensamble of characters. You can have as many characters as you want just as long as it fits in with the script and they serve an actual purpose.

The wrong way to do it is like how they did it with Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, IMO of course.
Aquaman will be making a cameo. Jason Momoa pretty much confirmed it when saying he enjoyed working with Zack Snyder and Amy Adams pretty much confirmed it too. Yes we'll be seeing WW and Cyborg. SUICIDE SQUAD is currently filming which affleck's batman might be making a cameo in and production on the solo WW movie begins this fall.

The new Batsuit looks great:
batmancostumelarge.jpg

It looks almost exactly like it does in comics and I like how Batman looks bigger. The suit would look better with longer ears though.

Batman is a gary stu. That could give him an advantage

Last edited:
Back