Michael Jackson's Estate Buys in Calabasas for $10.75 Million(MJ's children's current residence)

CherubimII

Proud Member
<section class="sector one column col10wide" style="margin: 0px auto; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-color: transparent; float: none; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; width: auto !important;"><header class="module articleHeadgroup" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; position: relative;"><hgroup class="hgroup clearFix" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;"><section class="sector one column col10wide" style="margin: 0px auto; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-color: transparent; float: none; width: 993px;"><header class="module articleHeadgroup" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; position: relative;"><hgroup class="hgroup clearFix" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;">Michael Jackson's Estate Buys in Calabasas for $10.75 Million

The home is where his mother, Katherine Jackson, lives with the late pop star's children
</hgroup></header></section><section class="sector two column col10wide" style="margin: 0px auto; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: none; background-color: transparent; float: none; width: 993px;">
By CANDACE TAYLOR
CONNECT

June 17, 2014 4:18 p.m. ET
<article id="articleBody" class="module articleBody" itemprop="articleBody" style="margin: 1.6rem 0.8rem 1.6em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; position: relative; clear: left;">
BN-DH279_0617pp_G_20140617151207.jpg

The Mediterranean-style house is roughly 12,000 square feet. Splash News/Corbis

The estate of Michael Jackson has purchased the Calabasas, Calif., home where his mother, Katherine Jackson,
lives with the late pop star's children, according to Hilton & Hyland, the real-estate firm that represented
the estate in the transaction. Ms. Jackson, who is in her 80s, has been leasing the home for the past several
years, according to Hilton & Hyland's Nichelle Robinson, who represented the estate along with her mother,
Barbara Robinson of Hilton & Hyland. The sale closed Monday for about $10.75 million, she said. The
seller was represented by Marc and Rory Shevin of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
The seller wasn't identified. Located in a gated community in Calabasas, the Mediterranean-style
house is roughly 12,000 square feet. There is a guesthouse, a theater, a pool and a putting green,
Nichelle Robinson said.

BN-DH280_0617pp_DV_20140617151452.jpg

Michael Jackson's eldest son, Prince, with his grandmother Katherine Jackson. Getty Images

Michael Jackson died in 2009. His will appointed his mother guardian of
his three children—Prince, Paris and Blanket. She now shares guardianship with her grandson,
T.J. Jackson, according to news reports. Ms. Jackson moved into the Calabasas house with
the children several years ago to provide "a new environment" for them, Ms. Robinson said.
After their father's death, the children had initially moved into the Jackson family home
in the Encino area of Los Angeles, Ms. Robinson said.

The home wasn't on the market at the time of the purchase, but had previously been
listed for $11.5 million. The Jacksons initially paid $26,000 a month to lease the house,
and the rent has increased since then, Nichelle Robinson said. The Jacksons had wanted
to buy the Calabasas home for several years, Ms. Robinson said.
The Jackson estate wasn't immediately available for comment.
<iframe id="cxWidget_0.6122949803248048" width="0" height="0" src="http://cdn-templates.cxpublic.com/AdSpaceProduction_000000015fa57611.html#media=html&asId=000000015fa57611&sid=9222318613852486900&resizeToContentSize=true&isSlave=true&masterId=cXMaster0.9168381344061345&backend=undefined&baseAdDeliveryUrl=undefined&secureBaseAdDeliveryUrl=undefined&ctx=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticles%2Fmichael-jacksons-estate-buys-in-calabasas-for-10-75-million-1403036338%3Ftesla%3Dy%26mg%3Dreno64-wsj%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304068704579630543212264838.html&usi=hwbgguoo2fa4yz7y&rnd=351825841&prnd=hwjpfv5wwv3671lm&tzo=300&parentElementId=cxWidget_0.6122949803248048" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="margin: -210px 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; overflow: hidden; position: fixed; top: 321.5px; z-index: 9999999; display: block; width: 0px; height: 0px;"></iframe>
</article>

</section></hgroup></header></section>

Last edited:
God bless the estate for doing this, it's extremely kind of them. A selfless act.

Great, does this mean Kenya can now move in?

There's no reason now for Kenya to stay in the other house. btw, I thought Paris didn't like that house much. Hope Prince & Blanket like the house. Probably the estate bought it as an investment.

On another note; "Ms. Jackson, who is in her 80s, has been leasing the home for the past several
years
, according to Hilton & Hyland's Nichelle Robinson, who represented the estate along with her mother,
Barbara Robinson of Hilton & Hyland."

Since when is it that Katherine is leasing the home? It'll be nice if the writer provide the right information and stop confusing the Jacksons with the estate. Michael is still paying for his mother living expenses and more.

Is it normal for agents to just go and talk about what their clients buy like that. They represent the estate in the transaction, blab to the media, and the estate gave no comment.

God bless the estate for doing this, it's extremely kind of them. A selfless act.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your quote. The estate has, after all bought the house with Michael's money. What is so 'selfless' in this act..? God bless them anyway..

Why was she left at Hayvenhurst?

I believe because the Calabasas house was rented and most rentals don't take pets, but I can't remember if that was confirmed or not. But yeah, it's none of my business but it has always upset me that she was left behind, I guess because of how I feel about pets and that Kenya is a living breathing link to Michael. But I suppose just because I feel like that doesn't mean anyone else has to.

I don't know what happened to Paris's cat.

Proof I don't research their personal lives XD

How on earth do you even know Kenya was left at Hayvenhurst. Was it posted somewhere?

Yes, I think it came to light when she was filmed for Life with LaLa - she was with Majestic :puke: Poor dog! They made a big thing that she could sense Michael there. (Kenya not LaToya)

What is going to happen to Hayvenhurst? MJ lived there for so many years - it is like a shrine They should not sell that house.

speechlesslove4michael;4021615 said:
Proof I don't research their personal lives XD

How on earth do you even know Kenya was left at Hayvenhurst. Was it posted somewhere?

I know from the security guys that work at Hayvenhurst. Kenya is a he btw ;)

Paris got her cat with her, and she had her rabbit and Prince has his snakes. So I don´t know what´s up with the dog not being allowed in the house. Maybe when they have bought the house now they can bring Kenya there.

Virre;4021628 said:
Paris got her cat with her, and she had her rabbit and Prince has his snakes. So I don´t know what´s up with the dog not being allowed in the house.

Some rentals have a weight limit for the pets and only allow small pets - so Kenya could have been too big.

also some rentals can allow cats but not dogs because - dogs can attack people (could be a liability issue for the homeowner) and dogs can damage the house with their chewing and so on.

So it really depends on the homeowner what to allow and not allow

What is going to happen to Hayvenhurst? MJ lived there for so many years - it is like a shrine They should not sell that house.

So they should just spend money on it because Michael lived there?

I hope Kenya can join them. Always sad to me the dog was left at the other house.

They'll probably let the kids decide. Perhaps Paris might want the house.

The estate owns and upkeeps Havenhurst house as well. It is historical and has things that need preserved for MJ's legacy. There is no mention of it being sold. Yes he is that famous that they would keep the house.

Last edited:
I was really upset when I read this although I've been expecting it since Mrs. Jackson told Oprah that she preferred that place.
To me it was just yesterday when Michael built that house. I read and watched all the interviews at the time and every nook and cranny, every brick screams Michael. Especially the Memory rooms. Well, ALL of it.
I know Neverland was a beautiful place, but to me, this should be the kids house forever.
If they keep the Gary house they should keep Hayvenhurst. Please.

Who stated they were not keeping havenhurst ? Where did that come from ?? Why should we care or anyone be angry over where Katherine wants to live. Katherine and the children still have access to havenhurst and can go there any time they wish. There is nothing to state or show its being sold. The estate owns it so it belongs to the children. The Estate owns Both houses.

I don't know if it has to do with this or Joseph means it generally, but he just thanked the Estate on his website:

&#8220;I would like to thank the Estate of Michael Jackson for taking care of my wife Katherine and my grandchildren Prince, Paris and blanket.&#8221; &#8230;

http://www.jwjackson.com/?p=1446

Pez Dann @Pezdann ·

*Waiting for the reports that Joe is actually in Arizona playing UNO and that Branca hacked his site and wrote that message*

I don't care about what people say about the estate at times because Katherine and the kids are well taken care of. That is what Michael wanted for them and that is what has been going on these last 5 years.

CELEBRITY REAL ESTATE

Here's the House Michael Jackson's Estate Bought For His Fam

Wednesday, June 18, 2014, by Bianca Barragan

• jackson%2010.jpg

Michael Jackson's estate has just purchased the 12,670-square-foot Calabasas villa that the Jackson children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson had been leasing at a jaw-dropping $26,000 a month. (It wasn't even on the market, though it had previously been listed at $11.5 million.) Located in the gated, the LA Times reports the celeb-filled The Estates at The Oaks of Calabasas, the seven-bedroom, 11-bathroom Mediterranean-y main residence has an elevator, a home theater, and mountain views. There's also a guest house larger than most new studio apartments (600 square feet) and a putting green mound in the backyard. That selling price was $10.75 million.

• jackson%202.jpg
  • jackson%203.jpg
  • jackson%204.jpg
  • jackson%205.jpg
  • jackson%206.jpg
  • jackson%207.jpg
  • jackson%208.jpg
  • jackson%209.jpg
  • jackson%2011.jpg
  • jackson%2012.jpg
  • jackson%2013.jpg
  • jackson%201.jpg
  • jackson%2014.jpg

· Michael Jackson estate buys Calabasas home for his mother, children [LAT]

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/...ael_jacksons_estate_bought_for_his_family.php

Back