Lessons learnt?

Daryll748

Proud Member
Since this is the 'appropriate' place to post this 'thought', I would like to present you this 'food for thought' :blush:

We can all play our broken record and say how much it shocked us, changed our lives, stopped our world cause it was expected or not... It did rock my world in a way I didn't even expect it would hit me that BAD...
No nightmare or premonition could prepare me for the scary roller coaster ride that 'grief' brings you. Of course, I doesn't help anyone to keep running in circles... It's still sad and hard to swallow Michael's loss but I did find ways to escape that circle of darkness and I did learn 'important' life lessons from it. Life sometimes puts you through hell so you can reach the light :blush:

This is what this thread is all about...
What have you learnt in these tough 5 dark years?

The stuff I learnt is...

1. NEVER take anyone for granted cause one day they'll be gone and then you realize how much they meant to you! Always tell the person you love them no matter what!

2. Tough love does NO ONE any good! When someone calls for HELP? It's the last straw. People tend to be strong till they break and reach out... Take that hand, please! You are their ONLY hope now!

3. When you NEED help? Don't be scared or too stubborn to reach out for help. There are good souls that come into your life at the 'right' moment to 'save' you from your doom. ACCEPT them! They mean no harm as they are send to you. I will always have MJJC as my HOME cause this site and it's wonderful people here are my 'salvation'
:blush:

4. Be PASSIONATE about your talent! I've always loved writing and creating stuff but once I lost everything dear to me. My talent was the ONLY thing beside MJJC, I could grasp onto and pull myself out of the darkness that was slowly 'suffocating' me.

5. Above all be HONEST with your feelings... it's okay to grief... It means Michael really has an impact on your life! Talk... Find a way to reach the light again... At your own pace with the help of friends
:blush:

These are the 'life lessons' I learnt since 2009. Please share yours?

What I've experience isn't a lesson at all. It's more like an awakening to a TRUTH I've seen (but been in denial about) in the family dynamic via Mike's. People that are supposed to love you the most, DON'T. I saw a side of Mike's family in these past 5 years that I had hoped had been repaired, corrected, changed and it turned out to be worse than what I thought.

Actions speak louder than words and the painful truth is they DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HIM like a family is supposed to and his financial worth seems more important to them than his spiritual/emotional/brotherly worth. I don't understand how fame and wealth can move to the forefront ahead of one's own son/brother/uncle!

Mike deserved a REAL family! He only got vultures and users instead and that bothers me, brings me to tears that he couldn't trust them, couldn't turn to them. :boohoo:

I hope he felt the love the fans gave him. . .

RIP, Mike. I love you always :wub:

ce8bf7da-3d70-4e96-a904-ae5a7ec809e4_zpsdff4209b.jpg

Thanks for that lesson of Truth, SheilaMJFan4ever :better:

Indeed, that's another hard 'truth' lesson I learnt is NOT to TRUST anyone! :doh:

I hate quacks these days which made it extra hard for me since I have gained a 'disability' in the last 5 years NOT related to Michael though :blush:

I thought Doctors honoured their vow to NOT harm anyone... Instead they have a license to kill :cry:

I was abruptly awoken too cause my own quack was killing me too and I was lucky to have seen it soon enough so that another 'qualified' doctor 'saved' my life... I had it tough for awhile... I couldn't comprehend WHY I was saved and Michael had to go :cry:

By now, I realize... It's my mission to preserve his legacy and spread the :love: that Michael taught me...

They are tough lessons in life hey but I think that's life hey :unsure: ONE big adventure hey!

What I have learned - to be more 'Michaellike'. I love unconditionaly, I turn the other cheek, I try to see the good in everyone, I live each day as if it's my last because one day it will be.

What I have learned - to be more 'Michaellike'. I love unconditionaly, I turn the other cheek, I try to see the good in everyone, I live each day as if it's my last because one day it will be.

Wonderful lesson Soulmum :agree: Thanks for sharing :clapping:

The lesson that i have learn we must love one another and care for one another. Michael love this world and it didn't matter the color of your skin he love you anyway. Michael show us how we can make a different in this world and to make it a better place to live in by coming together as one. Michael gave all of the love that he can give he never stop care he kept on giving and my goal is to keep Michael legacy going and to do what i can do to make this world a safe place for the children who are the future we must encourage them i let them know that you can make and it never give up on your dreams. And as i look in the mirror now i see myself in a whole new light that i can make a change. Love you MJ you will always be apart of my life

Last edited:
Indeed, pminton :agree:

Those are the POSITIVE things we learnt from Michael, hey :wub:

Thanks for sharing! :blush:

Our bodies have a finite amount of abuse that they can take before damage is irreparable. You only get one body, remember that with every decision that you make for your physical body.

I hate quacks these days which made it extra hard for me since I have gained a 'disability' in the last 5 years NOT related to Michael though :blush:

I thought Doctors honoured their vow to NOT harm anyone... Instead they have a license to kill :cry:

I was abruptly awoken too cause my own quack was killing me too and I was lucky to have seen it soon enough so that another 'qualified' doctor 'saved' my life... I had it tough for awhile... I couldn't comprehend WHY I was saved and Michael had to go :cry:

By now, I realize... It's my mission to preserve his legacy and spread the :love: that Michael taught me...

They are tough lessons in life hey but I think that's life hey :unsure: ONE big adventure hey!

:better: There were times when I had more faith in doctors than I had in my GOD, so that awakening was extremely rude for me, too. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the jaded mindset I have for the medical profession now (since Mike's death).

:better: There were times when I had more faith in doctors than I had in my GOD, so that awakening was extremely rude for me, too. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the jaded mindset I have for the medical profession now (since Mike's death).

That why i didn't want to do the surgery on my knees never been under before i was afraid i was not going to wake up. I put it in God hands to heal my knees.

Thanks for sharing all your 'lessons' and 'thoughts' about it.
I do have to point out here that though I feel sad and I need to be here today and tomoz :blush:

I do feel more FREE and 'healed' in a way... I'm still baffled at the stuff I'm able to do again... :blink:

Now, I've come to turns with Michael living in 'heaven' now :angel:
I can walk around with the scars and show peeps how I rose out of the ashes. :pirate:

Another thing I learnt is... I'm NOT the same person any more than 5 years ago which means 'job reference' is close to zero if you're looking for a job that is... I'm just a 'tainted' NEW version but then again... I did find a 'volunteer' job now cause I fit in with the 'tainted' crowd :blush: I'm 'labelled' as an 'expert' in that field now :smilerolleyes:

See, out of something BAD, something NEW can grow... :D

"Out of a broken vase, a new flower can grow" ;D

Indeed, PurdyYungThang :better:

It makes you 'realize' how vulnerable our bodies are and how we can HEAL ourselves instead of 'trusting' our lives to quacks that only do mess up :angry:

I think the lesson that I learned the most was to never put anybody on a pedestal. No matter how great or talented or untouchable they seem/are...they one day will go like everyone else. To me Michael was and still is very invincible. However prior to June 25th, 2009 I never thought I would live to see the day that he would die. I never even thought about death when it came to Michael. Weird? Maybe for some but not for me. He was my world since I was 2yrs old and when he died I had nothing. I was this 19year old kid packing to go to London to see my superhero only to find out my superhero was gone.

So I learned to not even place my mother on such a level because (god forbid) the day I lose her...i can't even begin to imagine....so i'll just stop there

I think the lesson that I learned the most was to never put anybody on a pedestal. No matter how great or talented or untouchable they seem/are...they one day will go like everyone else. To me Michael was and still is very invincible. However prior to June 25th, 2009 I never thought I would live to see the day that he would die. I never even thought about death when it came to Michael. Weird? Maybe for some but not for me. He was my world since I was 2yrs old and when he died I had nothing. I was this 19year old kid packing to go to London to see my superhero only to find out my superhero was gone.

So I learned to not even place my mother on such a level because (god forbid) the day I lose her...i can't even begin to imagine....so i'll just stop there

:cry: Mike sure is special, got us thinking he could beat the odds, rise above such mere mortal "afflictions" like death! I'm no stranger to death either, having lost both parents, 2 sisters, a brother and some aunts and uncles, yet oh, HELL NAW, Michael Jackson can't die! That's not weird, that's CRAZY, but I'll take that, because throughout my life when I faced those hard losses of loved ones, Mike has ALWAYS BEEN THERE, comforting me with his words, his beautiful voice, his sincere love for this earth and all that inhabits it. He is like a superhero! I just knew he was always going to be there. . .DAMN :boohoo:

My life went downhill from that moment and on for many years. Only recently I've been able to pick myself up and start looking ahead. I had been pretty depressed prior to MJs death, when it happened, it completely broke my soul. Many of my dreams were destroyed in the midst of all this horrible pain. I struggled with depression and panic attacks. And it's even worse when nobody understands why does it hurt you so much. Like some have said around here, MJ was also what kept me going. Seeing him struggle through life gave me the strength to move forward...

I'm not sure if I have learned many lessons over it. Maybe to be more aware of the important people in my life and do the best I can for them. I just get peace from knowing that I was there for MJ when he needed and when it really mattered.

Thanks for sharing you guys and gals :better:

Indeed, that is still the toughest part... I healed here and in the 'energy healing' centre. She was the only one who believed me :angel: Others just ignore or mock you which is sad.

I was just creating my memory wall and it struck me of how many Michael memories I exactly have.
See, that's why I don't like travelling any more cause it'll be silly that I go somewhere without the promise of seeing Michael. Damn, we've been pampered hey? :blush:

I learnt not just to talk the talk but to actually do something.

The week after he died, I set up a direct debit to the NSPCC (Children's Charity), each month and have steadily increased my subsciption over the 5 years.

As I have now given hundreds of pounds this way in a way that I don't notice, I feel that through MJ's passing, disadvantaged & neglected children have benefitted and maybe even saved a life.

That's legacy.

The biggest lessons I learned are: 1) to never judge anyone or anything based on others opinions. While I wasn't this way as a child, as I've gotten older, I have sometimes caught myself disapproving of other's because of the media and others opinion. What makes me stop is when I remember how angry it makes me when people do such to Michael because no one (the general people) bothers to find out for themselves! It's so essential to investigate for yourself what is true and what isn't. Not that you need to have trust issues with your fellow people; you need a healthy skepticism, for you can not naïvely place all your trust in others.

2) to appreciate true beauty. There's a quote on my calendar this month at home, "Everything beautiful begins with God." I'm not speaking of Michael's physical attractiveness (though he was absolutely gorgeous! :wub: ). I'm speaking about the inside of the person---the true person, the spirit. It can be the most beautiful or most hideous thing depending on what you allow it to become. And Michael's spirit is the most beautiful thing about him! He was filled with love and God is love and Michael expressed that love and showed us the importance of loving one another and, especially in such an industry that is mostly secular-obsessed, you don't get to see such beauty very often. I absolutely appreciate true beauty.

I don't know if this have so much relation to Michael, I think yes. I've learned to appreciate the beauty of the little things in the world, that were always there but I never really stopped to watch in his all dimensions . Like the sky, clouds, trees, birds. The beautiful colors in the nature, the diversity. I really enjoy now everyday watching these kind of things.

And also to be more like Michael in "Be always the best, whatever you do". I try to do my best in everything I do. Thanks Michael for all you give me

Back