Jackson family to open gift shop in Gary

myosotis

Proud Member
GARY — Michael Jackson and Jackson family fans will soon have a place to get their gear and memorabilia locally, officials say.

A city official confirmed that Katherine Jackson, matriarch of the musical clan, is completing permits to open a business on the city’s near west side.

Trent Jackson, a nephew and traveling companion of Katherine Jackson, said the family will convert the house directly east of the family house at 2300 Jackson St. to a gift shop with plans to open Aug. 15.

The annual Michael Jackson birthday celebration begins two weeks later.

The family will make a formal announcement in the coming weeks, Trent Jackson said, but the house will be a pick-up point for fans who buy merchandise online. There will be no money kept at the house, and the pick-up service will be for those who buy a certain amount of merchandise.

Trent Jackson, who lives in Calabasas, California, with other family members, declined to discuss the dollar amount of the purchases that can be picked up, and he did not offer details on the goods that will be sold.

The Jackson family will reinvest the proceeds into the neighborhood and, possibly, Roosevelt High School, which is directly west of the house.

“We want to keep the block looking nice,” Jackson said. “We want to help out with the neighbors here and help out with the school.”

On Wednesday, on the fifth anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death, Trent Jackson and a woman could be seen cleaning the inside of the proposed shop. The lawn outside the small house is well manicured, and it appears much work has been done on the building. Like 2300 Jackson St., the property is surrounded by a high, black fence.

Chelsea Whittington, Gary’s communication director, could not offer details about the gift shop plans, but she said such a project would be “a great complement to the Fuller Center housing build” in the area later this summer.

From Aug. 24-29, the Fuller Center, a faith-based agency building low-income housing around the world, will host a house-building blitz in Gary, building two new homes and renovating two more.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/l...y-to-open-gift-shop-in-gary.html#.U66NPzdOWTM

This is nice. Their really need to started building up Gary. This will be a nice place for the fans when their come in Aug.

So how many people are living in that house? The whole damn clan?

I don't think that many live there. Trent has been there all the time.

What about Tito son having heard much about him is he still guardian over the kids with Katherine?

Calif laws said that Prince can take care of Paris and Blanket he will be 18 next year.

Another lame money grab. Thanks. But no thanks.

I hear what you are saying but their really need to build Gary up. The only bright spot is the home really not much there.

Now that i think of it what can their put in there can't use Michael name or his image.

Last edited:
Who needs to build Gary up the Jacksons? Why can't Gary build up Gary?

passy001;4024997 said:
So how many people are living in that house? The whole damn clan?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Trent's statement. Every time you see pictures of Prince and Blanket Jermaine, Rebbie and 3T’s kids are hanging out with them. Jermaine and his wife Halima have a house close by in Calabasas but his children don't live with him. Randy and Jermaine’s children were living at the Encino home so it makes me wonder how many of them are freeloading at the Calabasas estate. The Jackson’s will never pass up an opportunity to mooch off MJ’s money.

Who wants to go to Gary, Indiana to buy Tito trinkets? They can't sell anything Mike-related without the estate's consent!

Beyoncehellnaw_zps62a0b5c9.gif

Who wants to go to Gary, Indiana to buy Tito trinkets? They can't sell anything Mike-related without the estate's consent!

They don't ask any permissions from anyone until they find themselves into hot mess, and the estate makes them to stop.

I'm interested in who is going to be working in the shop? There are many freeloaders in the family, and "aspiring" singers that have no prospects of coming or going anywhere with their careers so there is an opportunity to some/one of them to make their living out of honest work.

They don't ask any permissions from anyone until they find themselves into hot mess, and the estate makes them to stop.

I'm interested in who is going to be working in the shop? There are many freeloaders in the family, and "aspiring" singers that have no prospects of coming or going anywhere with their careers so there is an opportunity to some/one of them to make their living out of honest work.

:hysterical: Work to a (non-Michael) Jackson is like KRYPTONITE; they'll have an allergic reaction and break out in hives if they have to earn their own keep! Mike has been their personal EBT card forever and a day and they don't want that gravy train to stop.

I can imagine this has been his reaction every time he saw them coming, because he KNEW they were going to begging him for sh*t. . .

SEKURRITY!! :lmao: :fear:

Backofffans_zps95491c46.jpg

Victory22;4025051 said:
I was thinking the same thing when I saw Trent's statement. Every time you see pictures of Prince and Blanket Jermaine, Rebbie and 3T’s kids are hanging out with them. Jermaine and his wife Halima have a house close by in Calabasas but his children don't live with him. Randy and Jermaine’s children were living at the Encino home so it makes me wonder how many of them are freeloading at the Calabasas estate. The Jackson’s will never pass up an opportunity to mooch off MJ’s money.

Randy and Jermaine's children live with Alejandra in Malibu.

Victory22;4025165 said:
When did this happen? I thought Alejandra moved into Michael’s condo after her eviction from Encino.[ /QUOTE

I believe it was around the end of November. From pics of seen it's quite a nice house near the water.

Lynn88;4025395 said:
Victory22;4025165 said:
When did this happen? I thought Alejandra moved into Michael’s condo after her eviction from Encino.[ /QUOTE

I believe it was around the end of November. From pics of seen it's quite a nice house near the water.

Let me guess; Mike's paying for that, TOO, since her brothers-baby daddies don't pay child support and that b*tch doesn't work. . . :smilerolleyes:

They ALL think it's cool to use him as their personal bank card! :ranting:

BankofJackson_zps124e765c.jpg

Let me guess; Mike's paying for that, TOO, since her brothers-baby daddies don't pay child support and that b*tch doesn't work. . . :smilerolleyes:

They ALL think it's cool to use him as their personal bank card! :ranting:

BankofJackson_zps124e765c.jpg

Well, actually, last I knew Jermaine's child support payments were/are automatically withdrawn from his bank account and given to Alejandra. I don't see that changing given his history of not paying.

Well, actually, last I knew Jermaine's child support payments were/are automatically withdrawn from his bank account and given to Alejandra. I don't see that changing given his history of not paying.

If that was the case, why was she (and her kids with Jermaine and Randy) living on Mike's dime at Havenhurst (sp) for YEARS (before facing eviction)? Neither one of them got bank like Mike and never will, so suddenly Jermaine's paying for a house AND back due/current child support? :hysterical:

Last edited:
If that was the case, why was she (and her kids with Jermaine and Randy) living on Mike's dime at Havenhurst (sp) for YEARS (before facing eviction)? Neither one of them got bank like Mike and never will, so suddenly Jermaine's paying for a house AND back due/current child support? :hysterical:

It only started last year or whenever the last time Alejandra took him to court. And there is the possibility that she works herself although I know that's a stretch considering her history but it is possible.

Didn't the estate offer Alejandra that condo in Malibu to take her out of Encino? It's not a secret Michael provided for those children over a decade anyway. All he was for those freeloaders was a cash cow. They just looked for him when they wanted money, they didn't even want to attend PPB birthday parties.

Didn't the estate offer Alejandra that condo in Malibu to take her out of Encino? It's not a secret Michael provided for those children over a decade anyway. All he was for those freeloaders was a cash cow. They just looked for him when they wanted money, they didn't even want to attend PPB birthday parties.

Yes, I know for sure the estate did offer Alejandra Michael's condo he called "The Hide-out" but I heard it's located in the city of L.A. Alejandra didn't want to move into it because she claimed it was too small for her and her kids. I'm wondering now where MJ's condo is.

Yes, I know for sure the estate did offer Alejandra Michael's condo he called "The Hide-out" but I heard it's located in the city of L.A. Alejandra didn't want to move into it because she claimed it was too small for her and her kids. I'm wondering now where MJ's condo is.

Not sure where Michael's condo is but it definitely is not in Malibu. I believe they did move into the condo after leaving Encino and now they have left that to live in Malibu. Whether or not the estate has anything to do with the move to Malibu I haven't a clue.

That why Michael said his brothers had to much drama going on in their life that why Jackson couldn't make it. It really make me so mad that their use Michael he did the right thing by cutting them off he was tried of taking care of these grow a** ppls.

Now i really understand why Michael didn't leave his family anything his main concern was his kids and his mother.

That why Michael said his brothers had to much drama going on in their life that why Jackson couldn't make it. It really make me so mad that their use Michael he did the right thing by cutting them off he was tried of taking care of these grow a** ppls.

Now i really understand why Michael didn't leave his family anything his main concern was his kids and his mother.

Amen to that, girl! I don't understand why she feels entitled to be taken care of. Mike isn't her kids' dad; his brothers are! Why was she given ANY access to anything Mike-related is what doesn't make sense. He was under no obligation to take care of those leeching mofos. Get a job, take care of your own damn kids, like the every responsible parent does!

J.son family mentality. mj stopped the bros from earning big money cause he was selfish and left the group.so in their eyes its his fault and therefore he can support the family as payback for leaving them

Back