Hollywood Tonight (Neff-U Rock Mix) leaked!

OnirMJ

Proud Member
agree on that.
teddys version sounds more finished, while neff-u sounds more like the demo.

the demo is great without any doubt, but it's just not releaseable.

I'm glad we got so many versions of HT, one of my all time favorite songs.

Teddy Riley with no removal of the line/bridge is easily the best version of the song. Amazing production on his mix.

Aw man, Hollywood tonight was suppose to be Mike smash single. Such a classic song. I love the guitar solo and the ending on neff-u's mix. Someone should make a mix with all the mixes, The Demo, Teddy Riley and Neff-u's, and make the ultimate Hollywood Tonight mix.

To me the production of Teddys mix was poor as hell, all he did was cobble together everyone elses work and then wrote himself into the credits, actually changing Michaels work dramatically. It was an extremely lazy mix and sounds piss poor. I would like to hear Neff-U's final mix as this is an extremely early reough cut, obviously just someone slapped together to record the guitar track too.

Many fans blamed Teddy for using that weird effect on Michael's vocals after the bridge, but it is present in this early Neff-U mix - meaning that Teddy didn't add that effect.

Many fans blamed Teddy for using that weird effect on Michael's vocals after the bridge, but it is present in this early Neff-U mix - meaning that Teddy didn't add that effect.

It was alot worse due to his vocal effects on his Recall mix and was still present in the album mix, fact is its a copy and paste of the first verse, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the best way to remove it :/

It was alot worse due to his vocal effects on his Recall mix and was still present in the album mix, fact is its a copy and paste of the first verse, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the best way to remove it :/

It is worse (more apparent) in Neff-U mix, in my opinion - like it's coming from behind. The point is Teddy just worked around vocal mix that Neff-U already did.

It is worse (more apparent) in Neff-U mix, in my opinion - like it's coming from behind. The point is Teddy just worked around vocal mix that Neff-U already did.

Well he managed to remove the "only 15 line" and replace it with a copy and paste.....................Point is, we don't know how Neff-U left it, or what files Teddy got, we dont know if Neff-U got the vocals like this which is highly likely, this mix is obviously extremely early in production, it doesn't sound like the finished Neff-U mix. Point is, like I said above its just a copy and paste job, if there is something wrong with a vocal line which is already a paste from the first verse, you easily fix it, Teddys mix didn't do much for the finer details, its rather slapdash.

**** yes!!! This version KILLZ Riley destruction! Now I am annoyed they went with the crap Riley version that totally ruined the feel of the song. This will be the version I play now. Shame the guitar solo is a little lackluster (not to mention outta tune at ti,es, but only a demo so can be forgiven) But still, almost as good as the original demo and Birchys re-imagining.

I've always loved the demo, but it does lack oomph (I mean after all, it's only a demo). The Neff-U mix is like a step up from the original and personally I dig it, especially that breakdown!!

I'd like to hear the final mix, this version seems promising. Did Michael work with Neff U to mix it? Some effects are annoying at the beginning but I love the break through and it doesn't sound like that Hall & Oates song that much.

I still think Riley butchered Michael's vision to plaste his own. Some of you already mentioned the lyrics ommition and also he overused Michael's beatbox.

Someone on here mixed a version of the demo with the Teddy production and maybe some other elements - that's the version I listen to now.

IMO this version kills the one on the "Michael" disc. Fantastic remix! Hope I can download it from somewhere!

I didn't buy, pay attention to "Michael" (due to the controversy of fake songs, etc). Is this one of the fake ones?

You should check out and buy the legit songs. There are a couple of real gems on the album you're missing out, like Best of Joy or Behind the Mask :)

They should've added that guitar bridge to Teddy's version - it would've been perfect.

To me the production of Teddys mix was poor as hell, all he did was cobble together everyone elses work and then wrote himself into the credits, actually changing Michaels work dramatically. It was an extremely lazy mix and sounds piss poor. I would like to hear Neff-U's final mix as this is an extremely early reough cut, obviously just someone slapped together to record the guitar track too.

I agree 100%.

Reading the first couple of comments I thought I was alone with my opinion that Teddy did a very poor job on HT.

I always felt Teddy did a shitty job with HT, especially with him removing lines Michael left behind to be included in the song. While I hold Michael's demo in the highest regard, this early mix, I prefer over Riley's version. From the way this early mix sounds so far, I think a finalized version would be outstanding.

^Then why did he write lyrics for the bridge?

There is no such notes. He never mentioned guitar solo.

One idea from Michael was to have a guitar solo during the bridge, whether there was to be a sung part then a solo or just the solo, not sure, but at one point he definately wanted a solo during that bridge.

One idea from Michael was to have a guitar solo during the bridge, whether there was to be a sung part then a solo or just the solo, not sure, but at one point he definately wanted a solo during that bridge.

Source?

Scrap that, just re-read an email I haven't read for over 3 years, it wasn't the guitar solo MJ wanted, but a "dramatic build" so no, my memory failed me on this.

"BTW, I actually really liked the guitar solo in your mix, because even though its a different instrument than MJ intended
it accomplishes a similar purpose. Gives it that dramatic build that Michael wanted. I don't think Teddy really got the idea"

Scrap that, just re-read an email I haven't read for over 3 years, it wasn't the guitar solo MJ wanted, but a "dramatic build" so no, my memory failed me on this.

"BTW, I actually really liked the guitar solo in your mix, because even though its a different instrument than MJ intended
it accomplishes a similar purpose. Gives it that dramatic build that Michael wanted. I don't think Teddy really got the idea"

Whose quote is that?

Back