Xscape vs. Michael the album: Which is your favourite?

donalb

Proud Member
So far, there have been two posthumous albums featuring new material: 'Michael' and 'Xscape'. Which one do you prefer the most and why? For the purpose of this discussion, it might be best to exclude the Cascio tracks

michael has some gems like HT, BTM, AD. those on xscape would have been pure awesomeness.

what i hate the most, HT didn't get the attention which it deserved.

overall i prefer xscape, ive my favorite michael songs on one play list with it.

Although I love Best of Joy and BTM, I prefer Xscape overall. It is a more cohesive album with a lot of very god songs

Sorry, but this has to go to Xscape for me. I've been singing its praises all over the board lately so I don't think I need to go into it lolol...but long story short, all the tracks feel right to me (well except maybe the updated version of Blue Gangsta IMO lol). All of the songs are strong, IMO. And it attempts to please everyone - the fans who want to hear the original vision, and those who want to imagine what it might have been like if MJ came out with fresh new music. I think it was well put together, and I play xscape every chance I can get. Unlike the Michael album, I think I can include songs on Xscape as some of my most fav MJ songs in general.

Xscape. It has the originals. Plus production on the Michael album is very lazy and sloppy IMO.

Xscape without a shred of doubt. I like some songs on "Michael" (needless to say) but as a whole album I wasn't feeling it and I think it's not appealing at all.

I have to go with Xscape. I'd love "Michael" equally if it had included the original versions and if it wasn't for those 3 songs...

XSCAPE!!!! 1000% percent. I have not stopped listening to this album since the day I bought it.

I don't own (or have listened to) "Michael". I wasn't touching that album with a 10 ft pole after the rumors of suspected fake tracks, plus the rush to capitalize on his death. I only gave Xscape a chance due to the reputation of the people brought in to handle it (Reid and Timbaland, mainly).

I'm glad I did, because I love this album and that says a lot coming from me (I'm not a fan of posthumous releases in general).

I think it is. I personally love The Way You Love Me (which you probably already heard), Best of Joy and Much Too Soon, all showcase MJ's voice like it was parting the skies with sunshine and rainbows. Double rainbows. All the way. :rollin:Yep, that good.

No but seriously, check those out. Many people love Behind the Mask. I think its pretty decent, got a funky groove to it. Reminds me of Off The Wall MJ. As far as I know the tracks in question are Keeping Your Head Up, Breaking News, and Monster I believe? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO Xscape sounds the more cohesive album. Michael sounded too much like someone's idea of what an MJ album should sound like (anthemic song, rock song, horror song, media song, etc). I also hated the cover of michael and the 3 C. songs should never have been included. The controversy they caused hurt promotion (and to my ears they are clearly not sung by michael). Finally michael was promoted as the album michael was working on with the implication that this is what he would have released (the promo video talks about how he left instructions for how songs should be completed) which, again IMO, was not the case. Xscape, with its inclusion of source material just seems more honest. I do not like the video that comes with the deluxe edition as I feel that the producers are openly disrespectful of the music Michael had created. But as an album it works and I hope other projects are released in the same format.

I think it is. I personally love The Way You Love Me (which you probably already heard), Best of Joy and Much Too Soon, all showcase MJ's voice like it was parting the skies with sunshine and rainbows. Double rainbows. All the way. :rollin:Yep, that good.

No but seriously, check those out. Many people love Behind the Mask. I think its pretty decent, got a funky groove to it. Reminds me of Off The Wall MJ. As far as I know the tracks in question are Keeping Your Head Up, Breaking News, and Monster I believe? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

:hiya: Thanks, J5Master! I'll YouTube the ones you suggest I check out.

I love Xscape more.
But my favoritevideo is Behind the mask
I know they were working on another dancetributevideo but I get teary to see all the love from fans from around the world

I think much to soon is a nice song, I get the feeling Michael is riding off into the sunset
Take away this never ending sorrow
Take this lonely feeling from my soul
If only I knew what things bring tomorrow

I hope to make a change now for the better
Never letting fate control my soul

Hollywood Tonight, Another day, Best of joy, The way you love me..nice songs

For the Xscape album we have the demos, I would like to have demos for Michael album too

Xscape without any doubt!! It is more close to the original versions and the way Michael would have released them !

Don't get me wrong there are a few songs I like on the album Michael, but I prefer Xscape more b/c for one u don't have fake vocials on there and 2 the album has the originals and remixes wit I love.

Xscape

Xscape seems to be more like a real MJ album. - Great production, good songs - like Thriller all songs are actually single potential!

I do LOVE Much too Soon, Best of Joy, Behind the Mask, Another Day, Hollywood Tonight and even Hold my Hand - but the production seems a bit rushed and not as perfect as the songs on Xscape.

So I would say Xscape is the best album.

There are some great songs on Michael (HT,BOJ,BTM,AD), but the more I listen to Xscape the more I hate the choices made on that album...

two totally different albums ...it's hard to compere if you ask me
I remember I was just as happy with the "Michael" album as I am now with Xscape
But isn't it amazing his music is so various and timeless?

There are a couple tracks on Michael I really like but overall if go with xscape... They got some of the best unreleased tracks we knew of am the two we haven't heard are great...

'Michael' was not an album it was a mistake. XSCAPE ROCKS!

Strongly disagree. Cascio tracks were mistake, not MICHAEL album. Remove fake tracks and add 2010 mixes of Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Blue Gangsta & Slave To The Rhythm and you have a great album.

Strongly disagree. Cascio tracks were mistake, not MICHAEL album. Remove fake tracks and add 2010 mixes of Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Blue Gangsta & Slave To The Rhythm and you have a great album.

Sorry, but the production, mixing and mastering job was awful! Vocal production was such a shame.

Not an album, but garbage.

Back