Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,306 to 1,314 of 1314

Thread: From The Estate: Colony Capital To Sell Neverland Ranch (The Estate Responds - page 63 post 945)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 957 Posts

Default Re: From The Estate: Colony Capital To Sell Neverland Ranch (The Estate Responds - page 63 post 945)

In some ways , it was a tourist attraction when he was living there to be honest.
    No one else deserves to walk through those gates, the damage they did.

My SuperMoon and SuperSun.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 1,036 Posts

Default Re: From The Estate: Colony Capital To Sell Neverland Ranch (The Estate Responds - page 63 post 945)

The Estate should really try to get Neverland back it is just sitting there fans need to get the chance to see it. It could be setup like a tour where you have no more the 50 or so take them in by tour bus to cut down on the traffic charge a small fees the towns ppls should not have a problem with that. The Estate mention that they may use Haveyenhurst maybe as a place to display Michael items. The Estate really need to do something this is part of Michael legacy.

I went to a fan fest in Las Vegas in 2013 there was alots of Michael items that was on display there cars, Neverland gate, lib, pictures, drawing that ppls gave to Michael some props from some of Michael's short films like Scream, Remember The Time, Leave Me Alone as you first came in the blocks lid up just like in Billy Jean the short film there was the statue from HIStory these are just a few things that was on display just imagine seeing all of the items that are in five warehouse somewhere in LA the fans should get the opportunity to see these items their are just sitting in these warehouse it is sad to see.

Another Part Of Me Michael You Will Always Be In My Heart.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 838 Posts

The estate should not hold onto this financial burden.
    A better idea is to make a centralized museum of sorts in Los Angeles or something that people can get to that houses various things.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtlasAir For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,759 Times in 2,637 Posts

http://www.lulu.com/shop/lisa-blanto...23393454.html#
    This calendar celebrates the beauty and serenity of Neverland Ranch (aka Sycamore Valley Ranch) in California's Santa Ynez Valley.
    All photos are by the author of Blessing For Neverland, taken along the boundary and entrance to the ranch.
    Proceeds will support causes for children and the environment.

https://www.facebook.com/BlessingForNeverland/

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by #MJforever57 View Post
    The Estate should really try to get Neverland back it is just sitting there fans need to get the chance to see it. It could be setup like a tour where you have no more the 50 or so take them in by tour bus to cut down on the traffic charge a small fees the towns ppls should not have a problem with that. The Estate mention that they may use Haveyenhurst maybe as a place to display Michael items. The Estate really need to do something this is part of Michael legacy.

I went to a fan fest in Las Vegas in 2013 there was alots of Michael items that was on display there cars, Neverland gate, lib, pictures, drawing that ppls gave to Michael some props from some of Michael's short films like Scream, Remember The Time, Leave Me Alone as you first came in the blocks lid up just like in Billy Jean the short film there was the statue from HIStory these are just a few things that was on display just imagine seeing all of the items that are in five warehouse somewhere in LA the fans should get the opportunity to see these items their are just sitting in these warehouse it is sad to see.
    I think the MJ Estate considered their options with the Ranch and decided it was not viable. Obviously a large scale Graceland style attraction, or other ideas that were raised in years gone by (museum, theme park etc) would prove difficult or impossible to pursue based on zoning restrictions and the potential backlash from local residents.
    The maintenance cost for a property such as Neverland is enormous and sadly it would take a highly successful public attraction for the ranch to pay its own way, so the options are incredibly limited. Let's not forget that during his lifetime MJ put the property in jeopardy and the MJ Estate have needed to deal with the hand they were given - a hugely expensive ranch co-owned by colony capital whose stake in the property increases over time and with the amount they spend to maintain it. The deal may have got MJ out of a financial hole at some point in his life but it was not a savvy business move if he ever intended to regain 100% ownership. In fact, even if he didn't, it was still a bad deal for him in the long term, even if it was attractive in the short term.

I wish the MJ Estate owned the Ranch outright, but even if they did I suggest they would probably make the decision to sell it due to the financial burden of running it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Whatever the Estate decide to do they need to do it a Museum is need the fans need a play to see more of Michael's items on display. The only play that you have is the Grammy. I go everytime i come to LA.

I really do not see the ranch being sold but i could be wrong but we have to wait and see.
    Last edited by #MJforever57; 06-11-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Like it or not The Estate is a business and makes decisions about projects based on the projected financial success. They did have an Official exhibition residency in London and Vegas in 2010. All aspects of this exhibition from marketing, promotion, local costs, insurance, ticket sales and so many other factors would have been analysed and the numbers crunched. They would have had minimum base % profit which would have been needed to be reached. They would have then looked at the figures for these 2 residencies which were in locations where a large % of their target market would have been reached. As they have not had any subsequent exhibitions one would assume that a permanent Michael Jackson Exhibition is not a viable profitable project.

The same with Neverland, it is just not a viable profitable project for the business / The Esate to undertake

What the fans WANT is very different to what viable profitable business decisions The Estate make.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 797 Posts

This is Michael in 1984 at the Caribou Ranch in Colorado. It sold a couple of year's ago to the Walton's (Walmart stores) for $32.5 million. It was a famous ranch and recording studio. The Walton's plan to preserve the property, not develop it.

So who's to say someone might do the same for Neverland.

I wonder if Tom Barrack rents out Neverland, like Sally Quinn does with Grey Gardens, made famous by Jackie Kennedy's relatives.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Who every buy the ranch i hope their keep it up nice. Look like i have to take it off my bucket list of thing to see.