Which song(s) has grown on you the most?

donalb

Proud Member
When I first heard the updated version of BG, I was not overwhelmed. However, I absolutely love this song now after repeated listenings. Are there any songs on Xscape which you have changed your mind about?

APWNN. The first time I heard it, I thought twice about the album. It's the best song in the album imo now haha

When I first heard the updated version of BG, I was not overwhelmed. However, I absolutely love this song now after repeated listenings. Are there any songs on Xscape which you have changed your mind about?

At first I didn't know which version of the song ; LNFSG I loved more, the one of Michael or the one of Michael with Justin Timberlake ...I must admit ..I liked the version with JT more (just a little ;))
Immediately after i heard the song "Chicago" I fell in love with that song ..the beat, michael's voice ..it' magic to me ...

I learned to love APWNN more and more :)

Chicaco is my all time favorite from XSCAPE. Then APWNN and then XSCAPE.

I had my doubts with BG in the beginning. My after couple of times listening to that song I got stuck in my head and I started to jam on BG. I noticed that there isn't many people that appreciate BG a lot... But imo it is a good song. It is top 10 worthy.

I did not like the Place with no Name snippet which I heard about 5 years ago. After finally being able to hear the whole song and the polished version as well, I can hear the full story and I love it. That is the single most song which I changed my mind about. I still think the bass should not have been taken out of Blue Gangsta but I listen to both versions.

APWNN. Hated it at first. I think it's pretty good now, and it should do fine as a single.

STTR and DYKWYCA has grown on me. For DYKWYCA, I liked the new version but didn't think I would play it often but now I am doing it. Same for STTR. BG and Xscape has yet to grow on me. Still prefer their demos. And the rest have been my fav from the beginning.

STTR and DYKWYCA has grown on me. For DYKWYCA, I liked the new version but didn't think I would play it often but now I am doing it. Same for STTR. BG and Xscape has yet to grow on me. Still prefer their demos. And the rest have been my fav from the beginning.

Thanks. I also find myself playing DYKWYCA a lot more than I did in the beginning.

APWNN had to grow on me, because I never liked "A Horse With No Name", lol! Mike's re-working of that song made it more tolerable. I still don't care for DYKWYCA (original and the tweaked version).

APWNN as well. I hated it so much when I first listened to it but after more plays it has grown on me admiting Stargate did a good job. Also the original version of DYKWYCA, I first preferred the 2010 rework more but now I love them both. I can't still get over how Timbaland destroyed it though.

I hate the reworked version of DYKWYCA but I'm head over heels w/ the original version, I love the funky feel it has!. APWNN has really grown on me though, when it was leaked I didn't care for it but after listening to the reworked version, I fell in love with the original and had the urge to play it ASAP :lol: does that make sense? Loving You, BG and Chicago were love at first play anyway.

Chicago - both the new and demo versions - had to grow on me. I dont know, I thought the melody was too...crowded? I guess is the word? Too much going on with the background vocals and shouting/singing over it. But after a few listens, especially with the lyrics, I got the artistic intent of the song and why that melody worked for it.

DYKWYCA is still growing on me. I don't love it, love it - but its pretty decent.

The new version of BG will probably never grow on me lol I cant even stand to listen to it. :p

Everything else, I loved on the first listen. Especially APWNN, both versions.

APWNN. I also originally didn't liked the original versions of STTR and DYKWYCA.

I love the whole album but if i have to choose i will go with STTR (new version) or LNFSG w/Justin.

Chicago and DYKWYCA original versions. Just can't stop listening to them.

LNFSG, XSCAPE, STTR, A Place With No Name

APWNN - at first I did not like it very much - now I think it's great!

Also DYKWYCA - thought it sounded to futuristic and weird at first - now I really like it - it's intresting and MJ's vocals and the lyrics just makes it perfect!

Also BG - it was very different from the version we had heard before - more cinematic - but now I think it is awesome! :)

I loved Loving You, Chicago, Xscape, LNFSG and STTR from the very first listen! - The are masterpices all of them - instant classics. :)

I like LNFSG DUET version much better now, if we are discussing what songs have just grown and not what have became my favorite -_-

i had problems getting into BG. it took some time, but i think it's brilliant now.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original) grown on me the most. I didn't like it at first because I loved 2010 version too much. Now I think the Original is the best. Also Timbaland's version, I hated it at first and now it really grown on me. I guess the problem was that I was too familiar with 2010 version because I listened to that song for about million times since it leaked (it was my favourite new/unreleased MJ song after Hollywood Tonight).

The only song that still didn't grown on me is Blue Gangsta (New version), but I'm not a big fan of the Original either, never was. Also I think McClain's version of LNFSG will never grown on me because I don't listen to it at all - the worst contemporized song on the album in my opinion. Timbaland's version rocks!

Also Slave To The Rhythm and Loving You Original versions, I don't listen to those tracks very often and I doubt they'll ever grown on me. I'm loving Timbaland's reproductions of both songs. I loved them both since the first listen.

Slave to the Rhythm.. I never hated it, but I was rather disappointed after hearing the BBMA Mix. It is still my favorite & I actually like it more everytime I listen to it now (still can't get into Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name and DYKWYCA contemporized versions sad to say)

Hopefully STTR is the next single after that flop of APWNN.

Definely Slave to the Rhythm and Chicago, I could kiss Timberland forehead for that songs

Slave to The Rhythm - I was so used to the Tricky version, that Timbo's sounded too slow for me at first. But I really like it now. My least fav though, is DYKWYCA - I was never really crazy about it and still think it's just ok (all versions lol).

Everything else I loved from first listen!

STTR Timbaland version has grown on me and I like it now. The ultimate version probably would be all the mixes we know merged into one. I still think Timbaland could have done a bit better and use the song to it's full potential, for example the beat is a bit "generic" for me and he didn't take advantage of the bridge to build up the song (like the Tricky mix did), 2:50-3:06 is great, but he should have continued this path, and NOT treat the following vocals as a normal verse. The best Timbaland version so far is from the "hologram performance" for me.

Also, BG has grown on me, the "fast beats/slow down beats" part was all over the place for me at first, but I like it now.

Overall, I think every song on the album has some (sometimes minor) elements which would need to be cut imo to be perfect.

I love the new mixes of Chicago & Slave To The Rhythm, although i was rather dissapointed regarding the quality of mixing for the original version's...

Love the original Love Never Felt So Good (His foot stomps and hand claps..) Chicago and DYKYCA. Only one of the re-mixes I really can't like is STTR.

Back