What is the Most Catchiest MJ song? FUN!

J5master

Proud Member
haha i say FUN because I love topics like this, which is why I'm makin one now!

Ok so, basically I just watched a video of what some random group of scientists think are the most common traits of catchy songs (which subsequently are "hit" songs) - and of course one of MJ's songs were used as an example. Here's is a list of some reasons a song can be catchy according to this article: http://www.zmescience.com/research/studies/what-makes-a-song-catchy-science-explains/

1) Longer and detailed musical phrases.
2) Higher number of pitches in the chorus hook. The more sounds there are, the more infectious a song becomes.
3) Higher male voices with noticeable vocal effort.

They also claim that its the male voice that makes a more catchy song, which I disagree with ( "Call me Maybe" ARRRRRRRG! lol). But its interesting nonetheless.

And I gravitated towards MJ's music even before I became a real fan because I LOVE pop music, I LOVE catchy hooks. I love things you can sing along to and I cannot name an MJ song that you can't sing along to (well, outside of Shout, but even in that song, its fun to try lol).

MJ was a genius at hooks, which is why he's my fav artist.

BUT! The question is...WHAT is MJ's most catchy song? ONe that without fail will be stuck in your head for days? I don't think I can pick! Can you?

I know right now APWNN is winning for me. The "la la la la la" part at the end doesn't help haha!

everything by Mike is catchy. For me, PYT was always super catchy.

Maybe the chorus to Love Never Felt So Good. I felt that was catchy when I first heard it.

J5master said:
( "Call me Maybe" ARRRRRRRG! lol).

ahahahhaha...so true. THAT is catchy...

Everything MJ did was catchy !
Even really incomplete demos like, Don't Be Messin' Round, In The Back and She Got It, are super catchy.
He was a catchy genius !

Thriller (Chorus)
P. Y. T. (Chorus)
Baby Be Mine (Chorus)
State of Shock (Guitar Chords)
Lisa It's Your Birthday (Chorus)
Jam (Chorus)
Hollywood Tonight (Guitar Chords & Chorus)
Another Day (Guitar Chords)

Last edited:
Too many to name, really. My favorite is Don't Stop Til You Get Enough. The intro is enough to get everybody running to the dance floor before he even utters a word.

Wanna be starting something. But that's only one of them. I'd be here all night posting otherwise.

It would be easier to name the songs that aren't catchy

everything by Mike is catchy. For me, PYT was always super catchy.

So true. That's one of the many reasons I love his music. When I am compelled to sing a song then it is definitely catchy for me and MJ's songs are that way. I sing badly, but, hey, it is fun! lol

Nice thread indeed :D

Yep, what songs are not catchy, hey?
I think that is the beauty of Michael's music that you even 'hum' the melodies :chillin:
So, I'll just stick to the ones that pop into my mind though I would forget to mention all the other catchy tunes:blush:

Off the wall
Bad
Smooth criminal
Free
Rock with you
Beat it
Billie Jean
and many others...

For me it is these songs:

Got The Hots
Sunset Driver
Hot Street
Smooth Criminal
Torture
Remember The Time
They Don't Care About Us

Even though it's been months now. Since I had last actually listen to Michael. These songs are just some of the ones. That still tend to play in my head. And I don't know why. But it seems like I am the only fan that likes the song Sunset Driver. When I think that is really a great song to listen to.

Black Or White, anyone?? haha that guitar riff is one of the catchiest musical elements of any song ever.

For me it is these songs:
But it seems like I am the only fan that likes the song Sunset Driver. When I think that is really a great song to listen to.

Lots of fans love Sunset Driver. I think if it was released as a single now it would do really well

Back