Chicago Area fans?

J5master

Proud Member
Just taking a shot out in the dark but I just wanted to know how many people who post here are from the chicago area. Theres a tribute show going on (found it on Groupon lol) for MJ's birthday. Have NO clue if is gonna be decent but I'm gonna check it out anyway, cuz why not? :p

Wanted to see if anyone else is going and also just see who all is around!

79-exl.jpg

I'm nowhere near Chicago, lol! I am a diehard fan of their NFL team. . .DA BEARS! I've never seen Da Bears at home, either. To be truthful, I'm surprised that they're having a Mike Bday party in Chi-town.

Me too :D I've been looking for fan groups here since i've been out of the loop for the last 5 years in the fan community. I know there was a MJ & Prince thing a few years ago.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more. When I did listen to radio (and even now), MJ is played quite a bit here. When MJ came to Gary (and then briefly to chicago for that tv network thing with Marlon), it was a huge deal here. Blarg, I still regret not going >< I still take solace in the fact that I was in the same building as MJ at the time he was there. There was no way I could try to meet him though without getting hella in trouble by either my school or security. LOL

But yeah I'm excited to see what its all about. its probably not that great lol, but I'm still curious.

Have fun if you go! This weekend will be a busy one for Atlanta (no MJ parties that I know of). We have Dragon Con this weekend and I usually see people dressed up like Mike in the Thriller zombie gear and there is a huge Thriller dance (complete with a few instructors in the front of the group showing us the proper dance moves) to look forward to. :D I've participated in that twice and with his birthday falling on the weekend there will be a lot of MJ-inspired costumes to be seen.

Oh that definitely sounds like fun!

Soooo I just found out that the event was cancelled (via Groupon, but the show is still being advertised on the site so idk what is going on) >< Apparently it was moved to DECEMBER 6th, which is on my birthday...which may work out nicely if i don't have plans that night. BLARG. *DISAPPOINTED* lol

December 6th. . . brrrrrrrrrr BEAR WEATHER, lol! That sounds like a twofer for you; celebrating Mike's B-day and your own! :party:

Why am I still up (glances at the clock, see it's just past 2am Atlanta time)? I'm going to miss the MJ Radio party if I don't get at least a few winks, lol! I still don't get the time zone difference. . . *hopelessly stuck in New York time* :doh:

Last edited:
Back