Chicago ( She Was Lovin’ Me ) by Taryll Jackson

jonathan1luna

Proud Member

This is perfect! Video by d.a.m.i.e.n. s.h.i.e.l.d.s.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, should have been on 'michael'. maybe it's the 2010 version?

Meh.

Doesn't sound pro at all. Especially at the chorus.

I like Timbo's version even more now.

IT IS the 2010 version taken in consideration for the MICHAEL 2010 album release.

Cory did not want the song was part of the Michael project, he dont gave the song. The song ended with Taryll after the death of MJ.

I love the video! Not too crazy about this version of the song though.

Wow! I must say... WOW :bugeyed The part where he just lets go and the rock music starts, I had mentally passed out :swoon: IMO, this is great! Now I am already hoping for Chicago as the third single, with this alternative version as an extra track (completed ofcourse)! This would definitely satisfy everyone with different tastes. The rock feel is a win! 3 amazing versions for an amazing song, yay :dancin:

Eh. Glad this ended up on Xscape. Makes me wish they redid the Michael album using the Xscape producers, could've done some crazy stuff!

Eh. Glad this ended up on Xscape. Makes me wish they redid the Michael album using the Xscape producers, could've done some crazy stuff!

HT produced by timbaland could have been rly dope.

Great remix! They should have put at least one rock remix on Xscape. They're all dance songs...

mmm, this works well as a rock song too. I like all the versions I've heard of this so far :)

I do like the rock feel of it especially at the end, but it seems disjointed- the production is not great. The Timbaland version is perfection imo. I think Chicago should be the third single. I think it could do very well.

If Chicago is released as 3rd single - this version could be finalized and perfected and released as an alternative version.

It really is a great song!

The album version is my favorite though. - modern version.

Timbo's version is perfect if the ducks are not in it. As it is, it's just good. This version kicks the shit outta it. When you can get a great Michael Jackson rock song like this, nothing else musically matters. I think Taryll did a great job.

With a few tweeks this has some serious hit potential. The guitars are sweet. I would like to have this one. I like all 3 versions.

Is it wrong that I like this mix better than either of the ones on Xscape? >.> Because I really do! Love the rock sounds! :punk:

Sure Timbo's version sounds more polished, but I love the rawness and grittiness of Taryll's version, I'm really digging it!!!

Is it wrong that I like this mix better than either of the ones on Xscape? >.> Because I really do! Love the rock sounds! :punk:

Nope because it is better.

1. Rock Version
2. MJ's Version
3. Timbo's version

That's how I rank them.

I never thought I would prefer Timbaland's ducks

Well after few more listens I am still loving it. :) It sounds as if they were experimenting with it... hence its rough and incomplete ofcourse. What I like about this version is that its feel and mood has borrowed heavily from the original demo. Especially in the beginning and gradually in the rest of the song. I like the fact that the dark feeling is retained in this. The drums and the guitar brings out MJ's anger even more. Timbaland's version has a completely different feel. Its more edgy and more current. The bass drop is the best! And I don't know the instrument that plays in the background, but it sounds amazing. I have no problem against the ducks even. :D And ofcourse, also because it is COMPLETED as opposed to this. It has to sound professionally better but I would love to hear a completed rock version as well. Its the song, actually. The song itself is amazing.
Well, for me
1. Timbaland's version
2. This rock version
3. Demo version

and yes, it would be great if they could give finishing touches to this and release it as an alternate version for a possible third single.
edit:- To me, it feels a LOT like Dirty Diana.

Last edited:
If they are planning a third release, I hope they don't wait too long to do so. Not giving up yet on APWNN. But if it doesn't catch on, they should have a plan B. Perhaps Chicago will fare better? Who knows

Back