Jimmy Kimmel Uses Michael's Son As A Joke

GreenEyes

Proud Member
Screw him! Using a child (who's father died tragically) as the butt of a joke. I never liked that asshole anyway. I guess he thinks it's funny to make fun of his name.

You can see it here in Kimmel's office. Starts at 2:35 http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video/featured/VDKA0_lou3yn3q

ztsuq0.jpg

Does it make him feel like a big man to pick on a little kid?? What an a**hole.

Last edited:
I'm confused...where is the joke? The video linked was just about the Ice bucket challenge.

I'm confused...where is the joke? The video linked was just about the Ice bucket challenge.

He doesn't directly talk about Blanket in this clip. If you watch the clip you can see it's a throw blanket drapped across the back of the couch in his office.

The joke to him is that he has a huge picture of Michael's son, Blanket... printed on a blanket and laid across his couch. I suppose he uses that to joke around with people... Blanket on a blanket. He surely uses it to make fun of his name. I just find it insulting that he uses someone else's kid for his own amusement.

You don't have to click it and give JK any more hits. You can see the sofa behind him in the picture posted. It's not funny obviously.

How dare he uses Blanket for his jokes on his own dad like Michael and on his BIRTHDAY!? Well guess what?

[SIZE=+2]KIMMEL...[/SIZE]
[YOUTUBE]X-6V0Wg0aOI[/YOUTUBE]

[SIZE=+2]JIM KIMMEL SUCKS!!![/SIZE]

Kimmel is a world class asshole, no surprise. When it comes to Michael many people in showbiz are fame whores, they don't care how cruel, denigrating the things they do to have notoriety and money.

It's not the joke that I find strange. How can I put this ? Joking about his name verbally, like a hand under the armpit fart kind of joke is one thing. "Owning"/Having the picture of a kid you do not know personally (I guess) though ? I do not know. Especially this way. I would not do that. It does not make me angry, I just find it strange.

Well that's... weird. o_O I don't think it's really offensive but it is pretty odd.

It's not the joke that I find strange. How can I put this ? Joking about his name verbally, like a hand under the armpit fart kind of joke is one thing. "Owning"/Having the picture of a kid you do not know personally (I guess) though ? I do not know. Especially this way. I would not do that. It does not make me angry, I just find it strange.

:agree: That's what I find strange too, not the 'Blanket on a blanket' context. Why would ANYONE want pictures of a child they do not know personally (that isn't involved professionally in a public function, i.e. show business)? I find it strange that some of Mike's fans are doing the same thing. If a fan had the Blanket on a blanket throw, there'd be many oohing and ahhh-ing, thinking it's precious or cute.

It's odd whether it's Jimmy Kimmel or a fan.

Last edited:
It's not that I find the picture of Blanket as insulting or weird.

My problem with it all is all that Jimmy Kimmel has ever done is make fun of Michael. Just look at the clips of "Jimmy Kimmel Michael Jackson" on Youtube. You will see that whenever Michael's name would come up, Kimmel would have some mean joke at his expense.

So, it takes a lot of nerve for him to use his child for further amusement. I just happen to find that a bit insulting.

It goes beyond just thinking it's weird that Kimmel has a photo of Blanket on his couch. He's been making fun of Michael for YEARS, so yeah... he's a jackass for making a joke of his kid.

I never got Kimmel's "comedy" and maybe I'm too old to 'get it', but I'm cool with that, lol! That said, I never found Joan Rivers to be funny either and her type of "comedy" is far more brutal and f*cked up than Kimmel.

I avoided this thread for a reason after my question was answered but I'm just gonna take a step out on the ledge here and say....I typically find Kimmel funny? That said, I never heard him make fun of MJ. So I dunno how harsh he is about him - and I don't think I wanna know.

But now that I see the Blanket thing - I dunno, I'm not that offended? Unfortunately blanket and the rest of the kids are now celebrities. So him having an image of him isn't that odd. And him making a very literal joke "Blanket on a blanket" isn't malicious to me. Its an unclever pun really.

I dunno, i think the less attention we bring to this, the better since...I don't think many people even noticed/got it.

I avoided this thread for a reason after my question was answered but I'm just gonna take a step out on the ledge here and say....I typically find Kimmel funny? That said, I never heard him make fun of MJ. So I dunno how harsh he is about him - and I don't think I wanna know.

But now that I see the Blanket thing - I dunno, I'm not that offended? Unfortunately blanket and the rest of the kids are now celebrities. So him having an image of him isn't that odd. And him making a very literal joke "Blanket on a blanket" isn't malicious to me. Its an unclever pun really.

I dunno, i think the less attention we bring to this, the better since...I don't think many people even noticed/got it.

Hey, different strokes for different folks, lol! The way I see it is comedy (like any other art form) for the most part is a matter of taste. What I may enjoy or find funny may be offensive to others and that's alright. Of course there is a big difference between making light of something and being cruel and demeaning (ala Ms. Rivers, who wasn't such a mean and vindictive bitch in the earlier days of her career).

We have to remember that Mike's career and fanbase spans over 4 decades and that also means people of those decades came to the table with various life experiences and POVs. Speaking for myself (a fan since the J5 era), I grew up listening to comedy greats like Richard Pryor, Redd Foxx, Moms Mabley (which many of you will have to Google) as well as Carol Burnett, Soupy Sales (Detroit, REPRESENT), Paul Lynde, Lucille Ball (post-I Love Lucy) and Robin Williams, to name a few. The younger comics (like Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Katt Williams, etc.) I really haven't paid much attention to, because I'm not feeling them, but people younger than me DO.

To wrap things up, when it comes to Mike some of the post-J5 era fans need to grow a thicker skin and not have a knee jerk reaction to EVERY LITTLE THING a comedian, etc. may say or do concerning him, because in that line of work, everyone and everything has the potential to become a punchline. It's called a PUNCH line for a reason. . .it hits and sometimes it hits hard, but it's supposed to be the funny bone that's getting punched. I agree that if it is deliberately and viciously malicious, SPEAK OUT against it. For frat boy level jokes like "Blanket on a blanket", let that roll off your back and keep it moving. . .

Last edited:
Jimmy Kimmel's show is alright (when he has the right guest that is). The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report are consistently much better and much more entertaining.

Can I be honest though? I think some of you are overreacting. I watched the clip on YouTube and he doesn't even point it out, let alone actually use it. I'd probably be more annoyed if he made a joke but it's literally just a blanket sitting in his office. I don't really think Jimmy actually intends to insult Blanket. Of course I don't think it's right to insult Michael's children but it's not a malicious joke, it's just a really petty joke.

Like... if anything it's just weird... a bit creepy even. I agree with Sheila; it's really just something you should ignore and move on.

Last edited:

JSmaster and SheilaMJFan4Ever. Thanks. My immediate impression was it was meant to be insulting. Then I read your posts and had second thoughts. Your objectivity helped me because admittedly, I don't always succeed in having it where MJ is concerned.

But now, I am back to my original belief after looking at the couch again and thinking of why someone like JK would do it. They'd do it as a conversation piece and what kind of conversations would it motivate with someone like him. First, laughter then negativity about MJ. Sure, it's creepy. But that's JK's whole point. He's not as brutal as a lot of comics about MJ, he's always been more passive aggressive.

But I totally agree we shouldn't give him attention about it. It'll just encourage him. But that's why this board is a good place. We can come here and express our feelings about it, and move on from it.

Here's a clip with him and someone else we all know, actually defending MJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCOiY0r0hRs

Last edited:

Kimmel has made nasty jokes about Michael for years. That's why I can't stand him.

See that is the sort of 'joke' that we should be getting pissed off at. 'Jokes' that are actually slanderous, malicious and ruin the reputation of Michael. Not a photo of Blanket on a blanket that sits on the couch of some comedian's private office (as strange/creepy as it is).

^^^^Agree. Pissed with one thing, annoyed by the other. There's always levels of irritation with this kind of stuff. Couch is a miniscule annoyance, especially in comparison to all the other junk out there that can bother an MJ fan.

Kimmel has made nasty jokes about Michael for years. That's why I can't stand him.

And he has a habit of asking people about him who knew him. He thinks about him a little too much IMO. He must deep down really like him, and doesn't know how to handle it, so he ridicules him.

Last edited:
All of these late night talk show hosts have been assholes to Michael

All but Jimmy Fallon. He likes MJ and is not as mean spirited as the others. Fallon seems like a genuinely nice person and when he had Justin Timberlake on his show they were hilarious talking about MJ in a good way.

Last edited:
All but Jimmy Fallon. He likes MJ and is not as mean spirited as the others. Fallon seems like a genuinely nice person and when he had Justin Timberlake on his show they were hilarious talking about MJ in a good way.

Haha! I love Jimmy Fallon. He is hilarious, without being mean spirited about it. I love that guy. I record his show every night and watch it the next day. He makes me laugh. :)

We know Michael always protected his kids for this kind of harm/media Jokes
So i would say: not funny!
Just very, very immature to make jokes by using innocent kids.

Jimmy Fallon was in on the whole MTV Birthday/Millennium award humiliation. He is no better than the rest.

JSmaster and SheilaMJFan4Ever. Thanks. My immediate impression was it was meant to be insulting. Then I read your posts and had second thoughts. Your objectivity helped me because admittedly, I don't always succeed in having it where MJ is concerned.

No prob! If there's one thing I've learned after all of these years is not to always be on defense when it comes to Mike, because by doing so (along with the hyper-sensitivity) turns his fanbase into comic fodder. It's no secret that many think Mike's fans are fitting the true meaning of the word, FANATIC, quick on the trigger and emotionally imbalanced and obsessed with him and everything about him. It doesn't help quell that if people are going to go over the edge if others don't like him or his music or crack harmless jokes about him.

All of these late night talk show hosts have been assholes to Michael

They're "assholes" to EVERYBODY and everything at some point! Political humor is far worse. I've heard jokes about the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 ffs. If THAT horrible event can become a punchline, then Michael Jackson certainly can, too. Why would anyone think Mike was immune from being cracked on, ANYWAY? Stay away from religious humor, too. Every god from Allah to Zeus is comic fodder and Jesus Christ certainly has been the punchline of many jokes.

^^^

sure everything gets to be a punch line, however, I do not want to support the status quo because this status quo pretty much supports the culture of bullying that we live in. Its the reason why kids think its cool and those who are bullied and made fun of think they deserve it, no matter what the situation, serious or not.

In this case with Jimmy, it doesn't come across as being mean or bullying as it stands in that clip (again, I can't speak for how he acts about MJ and his kids all the time or when the cameras are off).

But in many many other cases, its 'lets see how much we can degrade this man's and his family's name' day....every day. lol That I can't get behind.

^^^

sure everything gets to be a punch line, however, I do not want to support the status quo because this status quo pretty much supports the culture of bullying that we live in. Its the reason why kids think its cool and those who are bullied and made fun of think they deserve it, no matter what the situation, serious or not.

In this case with Jimmy, it doesn't come across as being mean or bullying as it stands in that clip (again, I can't speak for how he acts about MJ and his kids all the time or when the cameras are off).

But in many many other cases, its 'lets see how much we can degrade this man's and his family's name' day....every day. lol That I can't get behind.

Here's a hard truth for everyone: you can't stop it, it's nothing new and the only difference that we as individuals can make is not feed the negativity by giving it ATTENTION. You're either the puppet master or the puppet. Here's another hard truth: there is an audience for such ugliness, but we don't have to participate in it. If people are constantly crying about the small stuff, no one's going to give credence when the legitimate cases of slander and other forms of defamation are hurled.

If people's chains are going to be yanked every time someone isn't worshiping at the feet of Michael Jackson, then your neck is going to be awful sore and you're not going to be very fun to be around, lol. . .

My late Aunt Roberta always told us, "Baby, if you're always mad about something, you can't be happy for anything."

Kimmel does a lot of molestation or weirdo jokes about MJ on this show.

Back