What's next?

madmijack

Proud Member
Sony did a good promotion of XSCAPE, releasing LNFSG videos and single, STTR performance, APWNN video. But is that it? What is expected to be after this all? Any thoughts, rumors? :smilerolleyes:

3rd single should come.

But we still do not know which song will be released.

3rd single will come for sure but we are far far away from that. Probably in mid-November. And probably Chicago or Xscape.

For now concentrate on APWNN. Request it on the radio (US & Canada Rihanna links and your own local radio stations). US is not everything! They started playing APWNN a lot here in Croatia. I'm sure it will be the same in other European countries.

Also keep streaming the video on youtube and share it on facebook and twitter.

Currently on itunes:

Love Never Felt So Good
#4 Armenia
#7 Slovakia
#11 Chile
#12 Indonesia
#14 Brazil
#16 Mexico
#16 Spain
#19 Czech Republic
#22 Belize
#26 Italy
#29 Philippines
#30 Poland
#32 El Salvador
#37 Netherlands
#42 Luxembourg
#42 Portugal
#47 Honduras
#50 Bermuda
#51 Antigua and Barbuda
#53 Belgium
#56 Egypt
#56 Malaysia
#56 Switzerland
#58 France
#66 United Kingdom
#67 Bahrain
#69 Colombia
#71 Germany
#74 New Zealand
#74 United Arab Emirates
#78 Paraguay
#90 Austria
#93 South Africa
#96 Malta
#97 Guatemala
#102 Thailand
#106 Namibia
#107 Azerbaijan
#108 Mauritius
#108 Qatar
#110 Hungary
#112 Norway
#115 Denmark
#116 Cyprus
#116 Singapore
#117 Dominican Republic
#119 Romania
#121 Ghana
#128 Taiwan
#131 Japan
#135 Uzbekistan
#136 Uzbekistan
#139 Laos
#145 Argentina
#145 Nicaragua
#149 Ecuador
#155 United States
#160 Kenya
#170 Lithuania
#175 Canada
#184 Panama
#191 Japan
#194 Costa Rica
#198 Spain

A Place with No Name
#82 Netherlands
#127 Ghana
#153 Poland

Chicago
#5 Ghana

Loving You
#124 Ghana
#128 Ghana
#138 Laos
#141 The Bahamas

Blue Gangsta
#125 Ghana

Do You Know Where Your Children Are
#126 Ghana

MJ is worldwide artist.

I really hope the promotion continues to grow. I mean, they have gotten this far so why stop?

A Place With No Name has been a relative flop pretty much everywhere, so I feel like the estate is moving away from this album. It's run its course, I feel.

Unfortunately APWNN is a flop even though it doesn't deserve to be. APWNN is one of the strongest songs on the album. I blame the Estate and Sony for this flop. They didn't do enough. Barely anyone knows the existence of the song.
The Estate and Sony better have a good (promotion) plan for the 3rd single!!
They have had so many good oppurtunities but they let them go...

^^^ agreed. I still blame the video for being lackluster. No one is buzzing about it because...there's not much to buzz about.

And they released the single quite late I believe.

There won't be another single. IMO they gave up on the album after they took their sweet ass time releasing the 2nd single, flip flopping weather it was going to be APWNN or Loving You, and the whole Billboard Music Awards fiasco didn't help either.

The album is dropping like a rock off the charts, the latest single is a flop which sucks because the song (at least the original) is great. They need to call it good, and start planning for the next project. (Dangerous 25)

There won't be another single. IMO they gave up on the album after they took their sweet ass time releasing the 2nd single, flip flopping weather it was going to be APWNN or Loving You, and the whole Billboard Music Awards fiasco didn't help either.

The album is dropping like a rock off the charts, the latest single is a flop which sucks because the song (at least the original) is great. They need to call it good, and start planning for the next project. (Dangerous 25)

The album is doing very well having constant sales. I can't see how it's dropping like a rock tbh.

They should concentrate on APWNN and promote this darn good song like they did with MJ&JT LNFSG

IMO they need to go on with Exscape … there must be the 3rd single and IMO there’ll be more for APWNN, at least new remixes for the song, LNFSG has a lot, why not to release as many for APWNN.

I am actually happy with APWNN video, IMO the problem is in promotion but not in production.
It seems to me that they need to get more people, producers\friends\anyone to give it more attention.

I would love to hear a word from the director of APWNN video about the concept and about his vision of the song, comments from dancers.

I understand that for MJ projects they like the mystery and magic but I would like to see general public to be more informed.

The Xscape album is wonderful work and all songs\videos that were done so far are fine!
But there really no someone who would represent it to the public constantly without hesitation whether to say this or that!

And one more thing, IMO it is difficult to know for sure what will give good results as for promotion, you need to try to know, so mistakes are taking place. And here I have to say that the silence is not the best way of promotion!!!

But I mean that MJ Estate is unique in its kind. They are literally the first who need to do that much that huge and it all without not just an artist but also without his genius vision! There’s no one to look at to know what to do and there’s basically no one to ask.

All I’m trying to say is that there’ll be some rules and strategies but they need time and trials.
They need to try to know and IMO until the fan base is that strong, we need to be patient and to give maximum support. And it is of course only my opinion.

Last edited:
I think in November there will be a re release of the album. 4 more Jerkins songs. The new single will be a new song. In a sense they gave us 2 unheard songs and 6 leaked songs on Xscape. Selling close to 2 million albums with the majority already being herd is pretty good. One thing they found out is there is a market for new MJ songs. There are plenty of tracks left to release. I love Xscape but I am left wanting more. I am not at all complaining,I just feel we deserve more.

I think in November there will be a re release of the album. 4 more Jerkins songs. The new single will be a new song. In a sense they gave us 2 unheard songs and 6 leaked songs on Xscape. Selling close to 2 million albums with the majority already being herd is pretty good. One thing they found out is there is a market for new MJ songs. There are plenty of tracks left to release. I love Xscape but I am left wanting more. I am not at all complaining,I just feel we deserve more.

They won't re-release the album. That doesn't make any sense, especially with 4 more songs! If they re-release it (which I doubt it) they'll include 1 more unreleased song (probably Hot Fun In The Summertime because it is finished). I think they'll release the 3rd single (Chicago or Xscape + Xscape remix feat. 2Pac) in November.

Leaked tracks are unreleased tracks and that is not their problem. The problem is in thieves and "collectors" who are leaking the songs. You can expect I Am A Loser, If You Don't Love Me, There Must Be More To Life Than This, Hot Street, Serious Effect & She Got It to appear on future releases. You can thank the "collectors" for that!

Also "we deserve more" is ungrateful to say because since MJ's death they released 21 unreleased songs (This Is It - 1; MICHAEL - 6; Bad25 - 6; Xscape - 8) + All In Your Name (approved by the Estate) + various unreleased demos, a poem, French version of IJCSLY, full live album... And all that in 5 years! They need to save MJ material for future releases. I say 8 new songs every 4 years is more than enough. Quantity is not the problem with the Estate & Epic/Sony, but quality often is as well as the promotion. But 1 thing we can NOT complain is quantity of unreleased material being released!

In a sense they gave us 2 unheard songs and 6 leaked songs on Xscape. Selling close to 2 million albums with the majority already being herd is pretty good.
I think there are only some hardcore MJfans who have listened to the leaks.I don´t know but if you say 10.000 had listened to leaks than it´s over 1,5 millions who haven´t heard them before.

I am not at all complaining,I just feel we deserve more.
We deserve nothing.

Considering the complaining we do, fans really don't deserve as much as we get.

We deserve nothing.

Of course we do! I'm not talking about "more new songs". I think they gave us plenty. New MJ material should always keep coming and we deserve it. I say 8 new songs every 4 years. Also we deserve better quality (Vision, Wembley VHS) and real songs (MICHAEL).

LOL @ the idea that fans deserve more. Most people who have had their favs die get absolutely nothing. So.....

The album still sells well. The second single from Katy Perry was flop but the third was the biggest hit from the album.

jonathan1luna;4041235 said:
The second single from Katy Perry was flop but the third was the biggest hit from the album.

US Billboard Hot 100 #14
US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard) #1
Italy (FIMI) #6
Australia (ARIA) #11
Canada (Canadian Hot 100) #13
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40) #16

That is not a flop in any way.

OnirMJ;4041233 said:
Of course we do! I'm not talking about "more new songs". I think they gave us plenty. New MJ material should always keep coming and we deserve it. I say 8 new songs every 4 years. Also we deserve better quality (Vision, Wembley VHS) and real songs (MICHAEL).

I agree, but sometimes when I see too many fans working against new releases – I feel like we deserve nothing.

If there’s someone who really deserves “better quality” and MJ material to keep coming, it is Michael himself, IMO.

Allusio;4041239 said:
I agree, but sometimes when I see too many fans working against new releases – I feel like we deserve nothing.

If there’s someone who really deserves “better quality” and MJ material to keep coming, it is Michael himself, IMO.

Agree with you 100%. Although I wouldn't call people who boycotts MJ stuff without any valid reason fans. I would call those people boycotters or fans turned haters.

Michael Jackson and his real fans who support him and his music deserve best quality and MJ material to keep coming.

We do NOT deserve a single thing. As fans of the artist we are not entitled to everything and I think the Estate have quite the mission impossible where we are concerned.

Anyway back on topic, HIStory 20 maybe because of the calendar which is coming out, a release I would not be opposed to as it is my favourite album because of everything it symbolises.

OnirMJ;4041237 said:
US Billboard Hot 100 #14
US Hot Dance Club Songs (Billboard) #1
Italy (FIMI) #6
Australia (ARIA) #11
Canada (Canadian Hot 100) #13
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40) #16

That is not a flop in any way.

you are talking about Unconditionally?
I do not remember that.

Wow! I can see my comments were a bit over analyzed. I could argue many things but it's not worth it. One thing I won't deny is I want more. I've been a fan for a long time. I've bought every single release. Bottom line is us hardcore fans fund the estate. The assumption of bringing on new fans is great and will expand the fan base. But one thing everyone including the estate should remember. Don't forget who got you there... Michael never did. He was grateful...

One thing I won't deny is I want more.

Ok, but lets say that there are 40 more releasable songs for Xscape/MICHAEL type of album. Would you like 1 album with 40 songs and that's it for new MJ material forever or would you rather (what the Estate is doing) spread this 40 songs through 20 years so MJ can "live" forever?

In the meantime they should be releasing live albums, blu-rays of short films and concerts, unreleasable material (incomplete demos), different versions/takes of released material... for the fans.

Ok, but lets say that there are 40 more releasable songs for Xscape/MICHAEL type of album. Would you like 1 album with 40 songs and that's it for new MJ material forever or would you rather (what the Estate is doing) spread this 40 songs through 20 years so MJ can "live" forever?

In the meantime they should be releasing live albums, blu-rays of short films and concerts, unreleasable material (incomplete demos), different versions/takes of released material... for the fans.

I agree with the live albums and blue rays. As for 40 songs on one album lol! No I get what your saying. I want a few more post 2005. I probably won't be alive in 20 years! Lol. Keep the faith fans!

LNFSG was huge.. i've heard that song in many places recently.. but i think the fame of Xscape has faded away.. it was a big success.. and i hope they do something solely for the fans next..

I want a few more post 2005.

We all do! And I bet Estate and Epic/Sony want it too. But obviously will.i.am and RedOne are asking more money than they are willing to offer. We should start a petition (with lets say 10.000 signatures) and send it to Will, RedOne and the representative of the Estate so they can see how bad we want to hear that material. And maybe then Estate and Epic/Sony decide to increase their bid or maybe Will & RedOne decide to lower their asking price.

Back