Covers, Covers....Demi, Justin and others

No. Just no.

But viola cover was good.

http://abc11.com/entertainment/this-michael-jackson-cover-will-blow-you-away/301085/

Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Using nothing but her voice and a loop pedal, Kawehi Wight reinvents the Michael Jackson classic 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.

In the video the Kansas-based musician is seen sitting on a bed in the company of two dogs as she engineers the beat, melody and vocals for this awesome cover.

The video has since gone viral, having been unleashed on Reddit, Vimeo, and Twitter.

Most covers just don't live up to the hype -- not only of Michael but of anyone. Taking a classic song and reinventing it as your own more often than not results in failure, though not as much for lack of trying as for a difficulty of making anything worthy of the original.

As far as Michael is concerned, most crash and burn. Any acoustic cover of "Billie Jean" should be eradicated.

As long as they don't sing I'm fine, NO ONE else can perform his own songs with such passion and power the way Michael does. True he didn't compose MITM and YANA but Siedah's and R. Kelly's version don't live up at all.

I mostly prefer orchestrated versions like the one Galactus posted, Miles Davis' cover of Human Nature was really nice. Some of my faves:

Even metal. Metallica medley playing Beat It at the end, even James attempted to Moonwalk :lol::

http://abc11.com/entertainment/this-michael-jackson-cover-will-blow-you-away/301085/

Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Using nothing but her voice and a loop pedal, Kawehi Wight reinvents the Michael Jackson classic 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.

In the video the Kansas-based musician is seen sitting on a bed in the company of two dogs as she engineers the beat, melody and vocals for this awesome cover.

The video has since gone viral, having been unleashed on Reddit, Vimeo, and Twitter.

That was good i like that one if Michael was here he would love it. She got some talent there

First two did not like but the third one with the voila was good.:yes:

^^She's really good Onir-and pretty too.
(I didn't realize the Voice was in other countries. I just recently started watching it).

My friend Eni covered Jackson 5's version of Who's Loving You on The Voice of Croatia. She killed it! I'll post her performance of Son Of A Preacher Man also because she killed that one too! She spoke nicely about Michael in the show too :).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBlVT8ESsEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_V7fgkWqs

Enjoy!

so she did a cover of a song the Jackson 5 did a cover of :D she's good :yes:

(I didn't realize the Voice was in other countries. I just recently started watching it).
I think it's world wide...we have it too. I don't watch it, but I know because my mom does

A very nice acoustic guitar cover:

While technically not a 'cover', the artist adds bass, drum and piano arrangements:

Word Smith Sr;4124084 said:
Talent. Merci beaucoup Christine and The Queens aka Héloïse. Gros bisous. :)

I love Christine & The Queens. The video for Christine was full of references to MJ as well, which is awesome :)

[youtube]rs40yxHjTxQ[/youtube]

barbee0715;4145837 said:

It's from the Netherlands originally. I watched it religiously in the beginning but by now I'm kinda over it. I much prefer The Voice Kids. It's more authentic in a way and I love seeing talented kids, especially when they're doing MJ :)

[youtube]TnGISnGUPTs[/youtube]

It's from the Netherlands originally. I watched it religiously in the beginning but by now I'm kinda over it. I much prefer The Voice Kids. It's more authentic in a way and I love seeing talented kids, especially when they're doing MJ
Really? I shouldn't be surprised. I've seen all sorts of versions of Americas got Talent, Idol, DWTS from different countries on YouTube but I always thought they originated in the UK.

We don't have any kid talent shows lately that I know of. Not since Star Search.

Maysa / Jesse Powell / Esperanza Spalding / Stevie Wonder - I Can't Help It

Michael's own cover of Stevie wonder's song "with a child's heart" is a definite improvement imo.
It's probably sacrilege for Beatles fans but I like MJ's version of "come together" more too

Back