New Jeep Commerical features APWNN!!

tricia70

Proud Member
Just went to my sport's website and Jeep was one of the sponsors and guess what the new Jeep commercial features APWNN. Just a perfect song for the new ads. I almost fell off my chair when I heard it. The estate and Sony strike again. Yeah!!

Just went to my sport's website and Jeep was one of the sponsors and guess what the new Jeep commercial features APWNN. Just a perfect song for the new ads. I almost fell off my chair when I heard it. The estate and Sony strike again. Yeah!!

Can you post a link or something so we can see it?

Ugh...I don't think I can ever get on board with Sony using MJ's music for ads. (no need to go into a 'but the estate is doing great' debate, its just personally how I feel. It doesn't sit right with me)

I don't know why not , Michael and Sony used a lot of MJ music commercially for adds.
Why should they stop ..
In fact Michael was one of the first artists to go commercial with his music big time ..
Its a win win .. it brings in revenue and promotes the music as well.

They don't need it to sit right with you.. It sits right with them and its a classy deal

NEW Jeep Commercial - A Place With No Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLnU6QHScw

Michael Jackson / Sony made commercials with:

Pepsi
California Raisons
Sony Kirara Basso TV
suzuki
Dr. Pepper
Sonic
LA Gear

Last edited:
Ugh...I don't think I can ever get on board with Sony using MJ's music for ads. (no need to go into a 'but the estate is doing great' debate, its just personally how I feel. It doesn't sit right with me)

Also it's not just Sony. It's Michael Jackson's Estate and Epic Records/Sony Music.

Great! I hope it airs on tv. Commercials are one of the best promo tools and i was wondering why aren't they putting APWNN in one. Glad it finally happened. ?

I don't know why not Michael and Sony used a lot of MJ music commercially for adds.
Why should they stop ..
In fact Michael was one of the first artists to go commercial with his music big time ..
Its a win win .. it brings in revenue and promotes the music as well.

They don't need it to sit right with you.. It sits right with them and its a classy deal

NEW Jeep Commercial - A Place With No Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLnU6QHScw

Thank you Qbee. The ad I watched was different it started w/ "my Jeep started to rock" .... Either way it rocks!

Thank you Qbee. The ad I watched was different it started w/ "my Jeep started to rock" .... Either way it rocks!
"As I drove across on the highway, my Jeep began to Rock ".. This start with verse too, but they may have more than one, like they did with LNFSG

^^Wonderful and thanks for posting the video!!! I want to see Michael's music everywhere--for quality ads, movies, video games, exercising programs, in opera, in therapy, you name it. Michael used his music in commercials before so nothing new here. Michael was never one to stick his talent in the mud and sit back and be satisfied.

Another reason why I like this venture is because some think Michael's music is just soft pop and that rock is more associated with the "manly" jeep/bike products; so to have Michael sing on a ad for a vehicle shows that his music is versatile and transcends a lot of foolish social beliefs/opinions.

I'm watching US MTV and just saw the Jeep commercial. I yelled out "OH SHIT!!!" and all my friends looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't know that they were gonna feature APWNN in the Jeep commercials. It's not too late for APWNN!!

I'm watching US MTV and just saw the Jeep commercial. I yelled out "OH SHIT!!!" and all my friends looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't know that they were gonna feature APWNN in the Jeep commercials. It's not too late for APWNN!!
ha ha I had a similar reaction - I was shocked in a good way lol

My thoughts exactly - don't give up on Apwnn - this ad just re-energized me!

I have a blog in my country and since it's on Wordpress I can see what search words people who find it use. And I can tell you that when the Slave to The Rhythm commercial was on TV here a lot of people searched based on that. Search terms like "Xperia ad music" etc. It gives the song media exposure.

Guys guys guys! Hold your tits and calm down! It's wonderful that APWNM is featured in a Jeep commercial but don't get too excited. We still need to see if the commercial has any effect for the song/album. Some people get too overexcited, which isn't a bad thing at all, but this often leads to disappointment.

With the L.O.V.E.

Guys guys guys! Hold your tits and calm down! It's wonderful that APWNM is featured in a Jeep commercial but don't get too excited. We still need to see if the commercial has any effect for the song/album. Some people get too overexcited, which isn't a bad thing at all, but this often leads to disappointment.

With the L.O.V.E.

In this occasion I don't care whether it affects the sales or not.
This is what happened when Enya's Only Time was used in Volvo ad
http://www.musictimes.com/articles/...hot-100-volvo-commercial-stuns-goes-viral.htm
----------------------------------------------------

Now I understand the Jeep in the official video :D
I wonder if estate and Jeep split the video costs or did Jeep funded the hole lot?
Either way it is great to hear APWNN in add, and only complaint I have that it should have been longer:D

"As I drove across on the highway, my Jeep began to Rock ".. This start with verse too, but they may have more than one, like they did with LNFSG

To me it doesn't sound like he is singing "begin to rock", to me it sound more like "begin to rotch" or something similar :D

Can't be compared. That commercial had Jean Claude Van Damme and was pure awesomeness!

I agree. If I had the money, I would have bought Volvo truck because ad was great :giggle:

I agree with you completely, Petrarose. It's great to see Michael's music being spread to this day. One, for all of us fans to hear it everywhere. Two, so that the new generation will be exposed to his music more. I know what you mean that many have the misconception that Michael's music is all pop, but those who think that tend not to know too much more of Michael's music other than Thriller/Off the Wall album material. One thing I do agree with Oprah on is that the King of Pop is way too limiting a title. Michael experimented with so many types of music, especially since he himself is a lover of so many shapes and forms of music.

I saw that commercial on TV a few weeks ago and once I heard Michael's voice, I was like "Whoa! Is that Michael?" I was shocked (in a good way) and excited!!

I've only seen this commercial a few times, but I love it! I get excited every time. I think it was done tastefully and in good form. I'm also a huge Jeep fan, so ya know, that helps too! :)

Back