Motown 25: Brief Rehearsal Clips

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I thought they didn't have any rehearsals. I seriously can not breathe.

But obviously the entire rehearsal was recorded - why not add a LOT of MJ/Jackson 5ive rehearsals. - I bet many people would love to see it!!

Since they have filmed MJ talking in the middle of the rehearsal surely they have the entire thing on tape !!

Release it !!!! :lol:

stupid that they didn't release at least one fully rehearsed song tbh.

I really can't stop watching these snippets over and over and over. Funny how they say "the kids are coming back" when Michael stands there and directs the orchestra talking like he's 50 yrs. old.

And why aren't the Jackson brothers not in the interviews? I read a couple of interviews they gave recently talking about this night. I don't know why Suzanne didn't include them.

Ugh. I can't believe they have hours of extras on that Motown box set. And none of which is a Jackson rehearsal!

I want to believe the estate is holding out to put it out on their own, but who knows.

And of course they have the whole rehearsals. They probably got everyone rehearsing.

I need to see MJ perform Billie Jean in jeans! :D

2vmgf9d.gif

Ugh. I can't believe they have hours of extras on that Motown box set. And none of which is a Jackson rehearsal!

I want to believe the estate is holding out to put it out on their own, but who knows.

Sony/ATV owns EMI publishing (Motown) so, Michael's estate is enriched from this.

I am unsure why the clips are so brief and interviews were not allowed. I understand there was an issue for Gordy/Michael at this time however; that does not apply now. I know this is not a Estate/Sony project however; I truly do not understand ensuring sales of this dvd (which is an amazing collection that I am purchasing) have that extra purchasing power for MJ/Jackson fans. The Estate can be enriched through other projects not solely Estate/Sony.

Sony/ATV owns EMI publishing (Motown) so, Michael's estate is enriched from this.

I am unsure why the clips are so brief and interviews were not allowed.

Nobody can forbid the Jackson-brother to give a interview about the Motown 25 performance (full performance is included in the DVD) and the rehearsals which are not included.

And yes the rehearsals are taped. Suzanne de Past said it in this interview. Michael disn`t want that his solo-reharsal are taped, but at the end he agreed.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interviews/berry-gordy-suzanne-de-passe/

It's not OK. Every other artist appear on here rehearsal. Estate is blocking amazing footage once again.

010_jackson_painting-300x400.jpg

1089978%20-%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

615351%20-%20Dan_Lacey%20Michael_Jackson.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody can forbid the Jackson-brother to give a interview about the Motown 25 performance (full performance is included in the DVD) and the rehearsals which are not included.

I know the full performance is included. I was speaking of the rehearsal footage which is being blocked and is a mistake as Michael's estate will be enriched from this dvd.

As for interviews, I thought I read something about interviews not being allowed or being very brief however; I will have to go back and review what that was concerning. I do not believe it had to do with the Jackson brothers. It may have been Gordy but, again, that is understandable because of the issues between Gordy/MJ at that time.

No one should assume it's the Estate or Sony blocking the footage. There would be absolutely no reason for it. everybody and their dog knows how this one moment changed everything for Michael. No reason for Motown/Berry/Suzanne to block it either. The issues between Berry and Michael at the time, and later on, when Berry was trying to sell Motown to Michael are well known and talked about by Gordy frequently even today. They ended up OK and their relationship intact.
And Suzanne is a
smart businesswoman-she would know that if she wants to sell a TON of these, she should include his rehearsal footage.
The Tavis Smiley show was only 30 minutes long and the two of them spent 15 minutes talking about Berry and all the performers on Motown 25 and the other 15 talking about Michael's moment.
So I don't think it was the Estate/Sony/Berry/Suzanne or Motown-I just can't figure out why it wasn't included. I don't think Diana has a special interview either.

Last edited:
http://www.legendarymichaeljackson....0/LMJ-Exclusive-full-transcript-Motown-25.pdf

Heres your Answer why

*]We have seen zero attention from the Michael Jackson estate
[*]regarding the Motown 25 release.I believe sharing it on the official]MichaelJackson account would give the release a great boost among Michael Jackson fans, so my question is did you get in touch with the Michael Jackson estate regarding the release or does it have their support?

Suzanne Depasse: Yes, it does. so the estate had to work with us to grant us as much as they felt comfortable with of footage that we could use because as one could
imagine, they have a number of their own projects going and just
didn't want to, I suspect, flood the marketplace, although that we know that Michael Jackson fans, there is no such thing as flooding.

I know that they had A LOT of performers to cover in these extras, as this isn't an MJ/Jacksons release, but c'mon. Is that really all they showed of the rehearsals??
Gimme at least 30 seconds of him without being talked over!

Knowing this, I'll just be getting the single disc version of the show.

Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful view in the first one :blush:

The 2nd one Michael is really 'directing' this, hey! That's our Michael! "Correct" :D

http://www.legendarymichaeljackson....0/LMJ-Exclusive-full-transcript-Motown-25.pdf

Heres your Answer why

*]We have seen zero attention from the Michael Jackson estate
[*]regarding the Motown 25 release.I believe sharing it on the official]MichaelJackson account would give the release a great boost among Michael Jackson fans, so my question is did you get in touch with the Michael Jackson estate regarding the release or does it have their support?

Suzanne Depasse: Yes, it does. so the estate had to work with us to grant us as much as they felt comfortable with of footage that we could use because as one could
imagine, they have a number of their own projects going and just
didn't want to, I suspect, flood the marketplace, although that we know that Michael Jackson fans, there is no such thing as flooding.

Thanks for that, so The Estate did block a full rehearsal release, I am guessing Branca and Co could not cash in as much as they wanted from this one so it didn't happen. Pieces of shit.

Last edited:
Seriously, what the fu*k are this lot waiting for?! Are we one day going to wake up to millions of hours of footage available to us or something? It seems like they keep blocking the use of anything MJ.. why!?

Seriously, what the fu*k are this lot waiting for?! Are we one day going to wake up to millions of hours of footage available to us or something? It seems like they keep blocking the use of anything MJ.. why!?

Don't worry, the same excuse will come up "Maybe they are saving it for a project". So next year expect the new MJ BluRay Release: Michael Jackson - Random Clips lol 2015, including Vogue photoshoot outtakes, MJ recording random stuff like Childhood and close ups of MJ in jeans singing Billie Jean (The last one might excited the women too much so we reshot the scene with an impersonator and gave him a CGI MJ head).

Birchey has no filter! You speak the truth!

All I know, The Estate better be coming with some good releases in the next few years or people might just "give up" on future projects, Bad 25 and Xscape was a great start so we will see.. Time will tell what they have in mind.

BJ1288, thank you. I have said the Estate will not support anything minus Estate/Sony products despite representing Michael Jackson the man.

Birchey, the Estate is enriched from this as well as the Queen project because it is part of the Sony/ATV catalog. Mind-boggling that they would not ensure additional purchasing power from MJ/Jackson fans by granting the full rehearsal. Loyalty should be to Michael and enriching his estate by any means, not only the Estate/Sony contract.

Thanks for that, so The Estate did block a full rehearsal release, I am guessing Branca and Co could not cash in as much as they wanted from this one so it didn't happen. Pieces of shit.

you are probably correct that they probably couldn't cash in as much as they wanted (or not as enriched as they want). Because simple common sense should tell us they earn more from their own releases when compared to projects which only pay them royalties and/or percentage of catalog management fees (such as this project) or nothing at all (such as the last photo shots).

now can someone tell me why Estate thinking about the maximum amount of return for the benefit of beneficiaries is a bad thing?

Or is it a bad thing for you (not limiting it to you personally) because you didn't get what you wanted and you couldn't care less about beneficiaries and/or Estate's revenues?

And no, I'm not looking for answers to the above questions. I know fans want everything right now and right here and also wouldn't care about how they get it - hence why we experience all the leaks and such and neither Estate's revenues or beneficiaries are important to the fans. And I guess it's a personal choice. But it shouldn't really surprise you this much that Estate's decisions are about the maximum return. They aren't going to give you stuff just because you want it. There's no reason for them to accept low or no return just because fans are acting spoiled. It's probable that there's a business plan aimed to get them the maximum amount of revenues while ensuring MJ business stays profitable over a long period of time rather than releasing everything right away and not caring about profits. So perhaps a little common sense?

I take it these are taken from the Motown 25 overly expanded edition? If so, why the **** have they not put a LOT more extra MJ in there. Just seems like they have jipped us up with the MJ stuff. As of now I am only gonna be getting the single disc version as the rest seems like a waste of money to me.

Yes the Estate should release everything they have at the same time! Otherwise the diehards will be bitching.......

I take it these are taken from the Motown 25 overly expanded edition? If so, why the **** have they not put a LOT more extra MJ in there. Just seems like they have jipped us up with the MJ stuff.

Motown has the rights of the footage. But Michael Jackson's Estate has the rights for Michael Jackson's music and usage of his image. And Michael Jackson's record company is not Motown since 1975. Since 1975 Michael Jackson's record company is CBS/Epic Records.

What kills me is that there must be literally thousands of hours of MJ footage out there that we can't see!! It'd probably take years to sit and watch all the possible footage there is out there that we haven't been able to watch... rehearsals, studio time, making music videos, photoshoots, etc. OMG I NEED!! ALL OF IT!

Back