Michael Nominated For 3 Soul Train Awards

Spyce

Guests

mjonline-small3.png

Wonderful news from the Estate tonight!

---------------

Hi MJFam:

We are thrilled to share that Xscape has been nominated for three Soul Train Awards: Album of the Year for Xscape, Song of the Year for "Love Never Felt So Good," and Best Collaboration for "Love Never Felt So Good." These nominations further highlight the enduring appeal of Michael's music and the undiminishing appreciation of his art. For US fans, you can watch the Soul Train Awards on November 30 on CENTRIC and BET.

Cheers,

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/mj-estate/michael-nominated-for-3-soul-train-awards

That's great news. Hopefully will win best collaboration for sure. I heard the American Music Awards were announced today but haven't seen the list.
Did Xscape get nominated for anything?

Yea, I'm surprised the AMAs snubbed him, they usually love MJ. Surprisingly they also snubbed hot artists like Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus who had massive hits this year. I guess someone alwyas gets snubbed at these awards for some reason.

Miley Cyrus? Did she have a hit this year? I like her last album but it was 2013, wasn't it?

Thank you about the American Music Awards.
.I am surprised at "Love Never Felt So Good"-I would have thought that would have been a shoo-in. (Love these new banners)

Last edited:
#MichaelJackson photo of the day. Soul Train Awards 2014 Nominations Album of the Year! #mjXscape

Bz59JAkCUAACGDl.jpg

Great news! and I don't hear any news of Michael performing this year, however he did do the Billboard Music Awards already this year... Also, I hear that there maybe an Xscape World Tour and Michael may perform at the Superbowl this year XD I reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyy hope we win!, who am I kidding, of course we will win! It's Michael!

This award thingy is tomorrow:timer:
I hope Michael wins at least Album of the Year and possibly Song of the Year for LNFSG :clapping:

Hoping Michael get's at least one of these awards, he certainly deserves it! his archived material is incredible, and still tops anything that is released today.. what an incredible moment it would be if he won album of the year.. hopefully the estate will then be inspired to work on the other film negatives other than Thriller :D

I have a feeling he wins. It looks like the Estate is promoting the event for a reason :cheeky:

How many hours before the show starts ?

5 1/2 from this post is show
4 1/2 red carpet with Tamar Braxton.
(The show itself is 2 1/2 hours. Hosted by Wendy Williams :(. )

All 3?? I'm taping it. Watching it on delay. Really just want to see Kool and the Gang and Stephanie Mills.

Spoiler alert. Don't read if you haven't seen it yet. Chris Brown got a lot of awards.
Pharrell won for song.
I noticed they dropped Sammy Davis Jr's name from the Legend Award.
They should change it back so young people can discover who he was.
Glad Don was referenced and thanked so much.

Bummer, MJ should have won at least Album of the year award:(
Clearly, people who decided who wins, don't know good music:cheeky:

Anyways, winners:
Best New Artist
Nico & Vinz

Centric Certified Award
Leela James

Best Gospel/Inspirational Song
“Help” (Erica Campbell featuring Lecrae)

Best Hip-Hop Song of the Year
“Loyal” (Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Tyga)

Best R&B/Soul Female Artist
Beyonce

Best R&B/Soul Male Artist
Trey Songz

Album of the Year
“Beyonce”

Song of the Year
“Happy” (Pharrell Williams)

The Ashford and Simpson Songwriter’s Award
“All of Me” — John Legend (Toby Gad, John Stephens, Dave Tozer)

Best Dance Performance
“Loyal” (Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Tyga)

Best Collaboration
Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & Tyga — “Loyal”

Video of the Year
“Happy” — Pharrell Williams (We are from L.A.)

Best Traditional Jazz Performance
Wynton Marsalis — “Flee as A Bird to the Mountain (Live)”

Best Contemporary Jazz Performance
Liv Warfield — “Stay”/”Soul Lifted”

Best Independent R&B/Soul Performance
Joe featuring Kelly Rowland — “Love & Sex Pt. 2”

Back