Thrill the World - Events

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
Zombies Set To Thrill All Over The World With Michael Jackson’s Thriller!
October 24, 2014

Sources: Get Surray – By Laura Nightingale| Edited By – All Things Michael

Scare yourself silly this Halloween by dancing like a zombie, dressing up like a zombie or going to the theatre and watching other zombies swallow swords and throw knives!

People in cities across the globe are gearing up to be part of Thrill the World, an official world record attempt for the largest annual dance performance on Saturday (October 25) in aid of the NSPCC and SOS Children’s Villages.

The undead dancing in the UK capital will be synchronising their feet with thousands of other zombies in other cities including Hong Kong, Toronto, Los Angeles, Salvador, New York, Melbourne, Kigali and Antigua.

To take part, get yourself zombied-up and catch a train to Covent Garden where you can dance with grizzly ghouls from every corner of the earth at 10pm.

Read more: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/zombies-set-thrill-world-michael-7993390

Fans Of Michael Jackson To Form Largest Flash Mob For 32nd Anniversary Of Thriller Album – Nov 30

michael_jackson__s_thriller_by_benjaminart-d2xhkto.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA, October 25, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ — On Sunday November 30, 2014, the 32nd anniversary of the release date of the Thriller LP thousands of dedicated fans of Legendary Recording Artist, Michael Jackson, will gather at the site of Thriller Run in Los Angeles and in cities around the world to perform the “Thriller ” dance.

Read more: http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pre...flash-mob-for-thriller-anniversary-395756.php

Michael Jackson Themed Event To Raise Money For Spartanburg Little Theatre

allthingsmichaeledit121.jpg

Michael Jackson fans from the Upstate will meet at the Marriott on Saturday in downtown Spartanburg to join a worldwide attempt to set a new world record for the largest simultaneous dance to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and to raise money for the Spartanburg Little Theatre....

'Michael Jackson ONE' is thrilling, indeed, plus so much more
http://www.examiner.com/article/michael-jackson-one-is-thrilling-indeed-plus-so-much-more?cid=rss
mj-one_all-artists.jpg

On Oct. 25, 2014 official “Thrill the World” events will take place around the globe, giving Michael Jackson fans the opportunity to gather and dance to the beat of one of pop music’s foremost icons.

The next day, the fun continues, as thousands more are set to join even more flash mobs. Thrilling, indeed. When he was alive, thrilling audience seemed to come naturally to Jackson. And so it is with Cirque de Soleil....
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20141023/ENT/410231016?p=1&tc=pg

MJJJusticeProject @MJJJusticePrjct · 9 h ago

Thrill the World Zombies to dance half-time during Clippers basketball game TONIGHT

Zombies Take Over Downtown Santa Barbara
http://www.keyt.com/news/zombies-take-over-downtown-santa-barbara/29290004#.VEkomE6ODek.twitter

82bec260-5ace-11e4-a030-4177deda1d6b_PK-Subban-thrills-as-MJ-THIS-ONE-for-mod.jpg

One week before Halloween, and P.K. Subban is already in the running for best costume.

New photos show the Montreal Canadiens defenceman as a spot-on Michael Jackson "Thriller" lookalike, complete with creepy cat-eye contacts and zombie makeup courtesy of makeup artist Liza-Marie Charron.

YESSSS!!!!! Thriller passed the 200 Million Views - #KING #MJ #THRILLER
B0l_BcLIIAAyfL3.png:large

Thousands Gather For Lexington’s Annual Recreation Of Michael Jackson’s Thriller Short Film
October 27, 2014

On a dark but not stormy Sunday night, 1,000 zombies danced in the streets of downtown Lexington.

An estimated 20,000 observers gasped and groaned as they watched the Thriller Parade, the fright night spectacular that USA Today calls a Top 10 Halloween destination in the United States.

It was the 13th annual re-creation of Michael Jackson’s Thriller music video. The 13-minute video, voted the most influential pop music video of all time, premiered on MTV on Dec. 2, 1983, and has become a cult favorite.

After a Halloween parade that featured 15 entries ranging from Ghostbusters to a Day of the Dead altar float and a host of ghosts, ghouls, superheroes, villains and other costumed characters, seven Michael Jackson imitators led the army of “zombies” down the Main Street.

On a dark but not stormy Sunday night, 1,000 zombies danced in the streets of downtown Lexington.

An estimated 20,000 observers gasped and groaned as they watched the Thriller Parade, the fright night spectacular that USA Today calls a Top 10 Halloween destination in the United States.

It was the 13th annual re-creation of Michael Jackson’s Thriller music video. The 13-minute video, voted the most influential pop music video of all time, premiered on MTV on Dec. 2, 1983, and has become a cult favorite.

After a Halloween parade that featured 15 entries ranging from Ghostbusters to a Day of the Dead altar float and a host of ghosts, ghouls, superheroes, villains and other costumed characters, seven Michael Jackson imitators led the army of “zombies” down the Main Street.

Before the parade began, “doctor zombie” Eryn Dailey and “cowgirl zombie” Calista Case, 10, both of Lexington lay in pseudo slumber in front of the Metro Government Center.

Although the evening’s zombies were told to grunt, not talk, Dailey said that in real life she is Calista’s nanny. “This is a chance for us to laugh together and have good girl talk,” she said.

Among those in the large crowd were Doug and Kirsten Winkler of Winchester.

They were celebrating their third wedding anniversary in a Beetlejuice sort of way.

“We love Halloween, so we thought we had to go to our first Thriller,” he said.

The event was a ghastly production of Lexington Parks and Recreation, Mecca Live Studio and WRFL, the University of Kentucky’s student-run FM radio station.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/10/26/3502769/zombies-creatures-invade-downtown.html#storylink=cpy

all-things-michael.jpg

all-thingsmichael484.jpg

[video=youtube;0_tlaAvyZ_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tlaAvyZ_A#t=56[/video]

^^ Petrarose, beautiful flowers.

Michael Jackson's Thriller is most popular Halloween song

Thursday, 30 October 2014, 12:59 pm
Press Release: Spotify
Spotify reveals Thriller by Michael Jackson as the most popular scary song for Halloween

Today Spotify reveals the most popular scary songs set to be streamed at parties in New Zealand this Halloween.

Spotify analysed over 60,000 Halloween themed playlists with Thriller coming out as the most featured song, with Monster Mash following closely behind.

Halloween continues to grow in popularity and Spotify predicts that this Halloween is set to be one of the biggest ever with themed playlists growing by 117% globally year on year.

Top Halloween tracks in New Zealand:

• Thriller – Michael Jackson
• Monster Mash – Bobby ‘Boris’ Pickett
• Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.
• Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell
• (Don’t Fear) The Reaper – Blue Oyster Cult
• Time Warp – Richard O’Brien
• A Nightmare on My Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
• I Put a Spell on You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
• I Want Candy – Bow Wow Wow
• Bark at the Moon – Ozzy Osbourne

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU14...s-thriller-is-most-popular-halloween-song.htm

Thriller is trending in US:clapping:

I don't know how to post picture, I just copied the list

United States Trends · Change
#ScaryStoriesIn5Words
Happy Halloween
#UnwantedHalloweenTreats
#love1dinclt
#AuthorMonsters
#TrickOrMeat
Amanda Bynes
Elsa
Michael Myers
Thriller

This photo shows her standing up so you can see the full costume better, including little glittery socks:D

beyonce-blue-ivy-halloween-2014-lead.jpg

Flowers at Holly Terrace for Michael Jackson - All Saints Day - All Hallow's Day

B1XiEnWCQAA_uWl.png

I just wanted to say how much I loved all these posts of the flash mobs and events. And the flowers at Forest Lawn are just GORGEOUS!!
I had a great Halloween-but no video. But I sat on the porch with my "Thriller" cassette blasting from my ancient boombox over and over-and the kids were all darling. I was shocked at many-mainly under 6 yrs-screamed out "Michael Jackson" or "Michael Jackson is my favorite singer". They all got extra candy.:D

B1h9UpQIcAAfJYU.jpg

Ke??ey ?@MJAllForLove

Halloween at FL 2014 #MichaelJackson #KINGofHearts

Chart News @chartnews · 8h 8 hours ago
US digital sales: Thriller, @michaeljackson 39,000 (3,689,000 total).

Chart News @chartnews · 8h 8 hours ago
Billboard Hot 100: #35(re) Thriller, @michaeljackson.

Michael Jackson's “Thriller” re-enters the chart at 35, due to its annual Halloween resurgence. The song sold 39K digital copies in the week ending Nov. 2, bringing its total to 3,689,000. Jackson was a shrewd career strategist, but I doubt even he knew he was creating a Halloween perennial when he cut this song in 1982.

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-imagine-dragons-returns-005027155.html

Last edited:
Great thread. ^^The 3 million total relates to what? Is it digital copies sold from January to November?

Back