Official Taylor Swift appreciation thread

ShipOfFools

Proud Member
Surely I can't be the only one here who likes her music?

I'm not a fan of most newer acts, but I think Taylor is genuinely talented. Her new album is brilliant, and for the past three albums, she's released pop masterpieces. I never believed she was country.

What do you think of Taylor Swift?

Last edited:
I love this girl. She is my favourite current artist. She gets a lot of unnecessary hate for writing about relationships when every other artist does the same. I think she is a brilliant song writer and a good singer too. I do wish she goes back to her country roots. Her pop album 1989 is good but she was at her best when she did country imo.

P.S. I definitely think if Michael was alive today, he would be interested in working with her in some capacity.

Just bumping. I just saw your response.

Taylor Swift is one of the few "newer" artists that I really, really like. I'm not that fond of her debut self-titled album, but the other 5 are great, especially the most recent three (Red, 1989, and reputation.) I would count Red as a Pop album, masquerading as a country album, and the other two are most definitely pop.

I have heard some of her undoctored singing from concert footage, and she isn't a bad singer. Not the best, true, and she really is best when you consider the songs combined with her singing, but there is no denying that she has lots of talent. I definitely think Michael would be interested in working with her, if he was still here. She's more talented than Britney Spears ever was. I also like the fact that she can play guitar and piano, as well as sing.

I am not a fan of Taylor Swift really, but I consider her ‘1989’ album one of the few truly amazing albums that have been released in the last years.

‘1989’ shocked me when it came out with its strong melodies that Swift (co-)wrote.

‘1989’ was also a marked improvement for her as an artist. She is no longer being perceived as a strictly country artist.

But I think she should have used a different cover for such a great album. That Kodak photo that she used as the official album’s cover (omitting half of her pretty face) was not a good idea at all.

I think that a big part of her appeal in general has to do also with her clean & very approachable image. People seem to like that.

mj_frenzy;4226893 said:
I am not a fan of Taylor Swift really, but I consider her ‘1989’ album one of the few truly amazing albums that have been released in the last years.

‘1989’ shocked me when it came out with its strong melodies that Swift (co-)wrote.

‘1989’ was also a marked improvement for her as an artist. She is no longer being perceived as a strictly country artist.

But I think she should have used a different cover for such a great album. That Kodak photo that she used as the official album’s cover (omitting half of her pretty face) was not a good idea at all.

I think that a big part of her appeal in general has to do also with her clean & very approachable image. People seem to like that.

I agree. The thing that she has in common with Michael (and by no means am I comparing the two in other ways) is that Taylor's lyrics are very clean, and the music has a mass appeal. It can appeal to a 5 year old or a 50 year old. As someone in my 30's, I am not her target audience, but I still enjoy her songs.

She doesn't have to be all sexualized to sell her music. In that way, she's different than most of the female pop singers. She also plays instruments, which makes her different.

And I agree with 1989 being an amazing album. Her latest album is 1989 part 2, in some ways.

by Dano Nissen | August 15, 2019 | Variety
taylor-swift.jpg

Taylor Swift announced today that she has partnered with YouTube Originals to livestream a new music video from her upcoming album “Lover,” talk details about her new fashion line with designer Stella McCartney and conduct a fan Q&A on YouTube on Thursday, Aug. 22 at 5:00 pm. ET.

During the livestream fans can submit questions in the comment section and Swift will select a few to answer. The music video for “Lover” will premiere on YouTube following the livestream at 5:30 pm ET. Swift will release the title track of “Lover,” the fourth single from the album, tomorrow.

Swift’s album “Lover” will drop the day after the livestream on Friday, Aug. 23
. She will “exclusively perform stripped down versions of songs” on SiriusXM Hits 1 on release day at 5 pm ET. She will then participate in a Q&A with select subscribers.

Swift has hyped up the single “Lover” and its host album of the same name. “This has one of my favorite [song] bridges,” she said in an interview with Vogue. “I love a bridge, and I was really able to go to Bridge City.” The song goes: “My heart’s been borrowed and yours has been blue/ All’s well that ends well to end up with you.”

“There are so many ways in which this album feels like a new beginning,” she said. “This album is really a love letter to love, in all of its maddening, passionate, exciting, enchanting, horrific, tragic, wonderful glory.

Im not a fan really but she seems to win just about every award at every award show she is nominated in lol.

Soon You'll Get Better: One World Together At Home (April 18, 2020)

Taylor on Apple Music - talking about politics, her album 'Lover,' her relationship with her past work, the double standards female artists face in the music industry - 2019

8m 57s

Last edited:
'Diary of a Song' - Taylor talks to the New York Times about how she wrote 'Lover'.

9m 34s

Taylor does the Vogue '73 questions' thing. 2016

Not as good as the interview they did with Adele but still really enjoyable, imo.

9m 41s

“The Making of a Song” is a video series shot by Taylor herself showing her songwriting process.

'Delicate'

3m 52s

Acoustic versions of songs from the RED album. Recorded live in front of fans in Nashville.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
Treacherous

15m 26s

30 September 2015. Taylor Swift in an intimate performance at the Clive Davis Theater, Grammy Museum.

Wildest Dreams

4m 6s

Back