Price of fame question.

Smoore

Proud Member
I've read this was originally for pepsi, but was it also considered for Bad as well? I'm making a compilation of Bad demos and outtakes, and any info would be appreciated!

Well it was on Bad 25 so I'm positive it was considered for Bad and written between 1984-1986 when the album was being written. P.S. Don't share that CD on here because it'll most likely have copyrighted material you're still able to purchase in store.

""Price of Fame" is a song by American recording artist Michael Jackson. It was originally planned to be the theme for a Pepsi commercial but was replaced by an edited version of "Bad".It was released on the Bad 25 album."

I think they made a good decision changing it for Bad

a. Good promotion for the song itself/album and also tour
b. Theres something a bit ironic singing about the drawbacks of fame in the middle of one of the biggest commercials at the time for a masiive massive corporation. There definitely would have been a backlash.

I would love to hear the edited version. I'd assume it sounds more polished. This is one of my favourite unreleased songs, would love to hear it.

Thanks for the answers Smoore and Themidwestcowboy, I didn't know that. I too think it doesn't fit a commercial simply because the words are too political for a drink commercial... IMO

No guy's i think you misunderstood a little, Michael supposedly re-wrote PoF for the commercial just as he did with Billie Jean & Black Or White :)

PoF should have been used on michael/xscape.
finished lyrics, but production is not that finished.

but they wasted that song for bad 25.

Back