Xscape-} Original Song Names

Dan

Proud Member
Here are all the Xscape tracks with their album names and their original Demo names.

Now, I am unsure whether any of you knew that a few tracks on 'Xscape' had previous names.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~Key: Album Name -- Original Demo Name
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love Never Felt So Good -- Love Never Felt So Good

Chicago -- She Was Lovin' Me

Loving You -- Loving You

A Place With No Name -- A Place Without No Name

Blue Gangsta -- Blue Gangsta/No Friend Of Mine/Gangsta (Had several names)

Xscape -- Xscape
==============================================================
If you have any questions please comment!
If you ever need/want anything from my vaults such as; Demos, Live Studio Versions, Photos (Includes Fan Made Photos), Albums (Or just songs), Information, Just ask! I will happily give any to you! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Dan~

Loving You -- Loving You

Xscape -- Xscape

Just because MJ says a place without no name in the song doesn't mean it was ever called that. It was always a place with no name.

Blue Gangsta was only ever called Blue Gangsta. The other titles you mention are titles of remixes of the song.

Xscape was originally called Escape.

Here are all the Xscape tracks with their album names and their original Demo names.

Now, I am unsure whether any of you knew that a few tracks on 'Xscape' had previous names.

~~Key: Album Name -- Original Demo Name

Loving You -- Loving You

Xscape -- Xscape
If you have any questions please comment!
If you ever need/want anything from my vaults such as; Demos, Live Studio Versions, Photos (Includes Fan Made Photos), Albums (Or just songs), Information, Just ask! I will happily give any to you! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Dan~

Wrong. Actually it is:

Loving You -- Loving You

A Place With No Name -- A Place With No Name

Blue Gangsta -- Blue Gangsta

Xscape -- Xscape

Wrong. Rodney confirmed that it was always called Xscape.

Wrong. The song was originally registered under the title Escape. (The ASCAP work code is 350304753 if you want to search this yourself). I wouldn't believe everything Rodney says. The estate clearly want people to believe the song was always called Xscape. Maybe they think it sounds cooler, I don't know. But the FACT is that MJ only ever knew it as Escape. Xscape is a fan-invented title the estate used because they liked the sound of it.

Last edited:
Wrong. The song was originally registered under the title Escape. (The ASCAP work code is 350304753 if you want to search this yourself). I wouldn't believe everything Rodney says. The estate clearly want people to believe the song was always called Xscape. Maybe they think it sounds cooler, I don't know. But the FACT is that MJ only ever knew it as Escape. Xscape is a fan-invented title the estate used because they liked the sound of it.

Wasn't it registered again as Xscape though? I thought I remembered seeing that.

I believe Rodney. He co-wrote it with MJ.

Yes, he did co-write the song and registered it as Escape. I don't understand how there can be confusion here. The song was originally registered as Escape. Meaning, it was NOT always called Xscape. It was re-titled, same as She Was Loving Me.

I disagree. Maybe it was registered as Escape because it is a real word, but my opinion is that MJ and Rodney always referred to it as Xscape (like 2 Bad instead of Too Bad).

Also if I remember correctly there were 2 registrations, one for Escape and one for Xscape during the same time.

I disagree. Maybe it was registered as Escape because it is a real word, but my opinion is that MJ and Rodney always referred to it as Xscape (like 2 Bad instead of Too Bad).

Also if I remember correctly there were 2 registrations, one for Escape and one for Xscape during the same time.

It wouldn't matter if it was a real word of not, it would have to be registered under the title of the song. This thread is about the original song title. I believe there is sufficient evidence that this song was NOT always called Xscape, but rather Escape. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I am sure there is actually a photo of one of Michael's handwritten song lists with Xscape spelled that way, not Escape.

Xscape doesn't even work as a name. It sounds nothing like Escape. Replacing the beginning of a word with X only works for words like excite, not ones with an s in.

Also, if we're being picky, wasn't Blue Gangsta originally Blue Gangster?

Either way, I'm still listening to this daily and loving the album.

I was looking through copyright records and I came across "xscape track by track commentary" Maybe this was planned for the album?

Back