Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

OnirMJ

Proud Member
Spike Lee announces new Off The Wall Documentary according to this site:

http://entretenimiento.terra.com.mx...2efcca66f5199410VgnCLD200000b2bf46d0RCRD.html

"Además de hablar del futuro del cine, la historia de Estados Unidos y el deporte, Lee adelantó que se encuentra trabajando en un documental sobre la realización del álbum Off The Wall, de Michael Jackson."

"Besides talking about the future of film, US history and sport, announced that Lee is working on a documentary about the making of the album Off The Wall, Michael Jackson."

If that is true, that would mean that Off The Wall re-issue is the next project from Estate/Sony 10 projects deal. Guess we'll have to wait little longer for HIStory Tour 3D in theatres...

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

Nice find! Off The Wall absolutely deserves the attention. I just hope Spike Lee will do a better job than on the Bad 25 documentary.

Would absolutely love this!

tumblr_inline_nedqd4lUbv1qi1xud.gif

Yesss! High time. Hopefully it will be done together with an OTW anniversary issue.

translated to English
NEW PROJECT INVOLVING ' OFF THE WALL ' |

This past Saturday (08/11), during the Festival of TagCDMX technology and Creativity, the filmmaker Spike Lee (Director of "They don't Care About Us", "BAD25" Doc etc.) made an important announcement for fans of the King of Pop--a documentary about OFF THE WALL is coming!

He didn't give many details, but it is believed a Making Of the album, in the style of "BAD 25"-which is filled with some previously unseen images, trivia and interviews about the songs and music videos from the album.

http://entretenimiento.terra.com.mx...2efcca66f5199410VgnCLD200000b2bf46d0RCRD.html

Brilliant news, i hope they have an Off The Wall deluxe edition in the works with unreleased recording's/triumph tour etc.

hope they're aiming for a whole series :wild:

Nice find! Off The Wall absolutely deserves the attention. I just hope Spike Lee will do a better job than on the Bad 25 documentary.

Agree. No Bieber, Chris Brown and Kanye would be a good start. Also no VHS clips.

Hopefully it will be done together with an OTW anniversary issue.

Yeah, but which anniversary? 36th? I guess it will be like Thriller 25 was released in early 2008 instead of 2007.

Triumph Tour needs to be released! i hope they will also include unreleased song's as well, plus a re-issue of the Live Vinyl!!!

OTW has a lot of potential. It's an album that appeals to the general public, it's a classic, yet it's a bit more obscure than Thriller (well, relatively speaking), so there's a lot of room to popularize and promote it further. Also a lot of artists of today seem to want to emulate OTW (Timberlake, Timbaland, Pharrell, Daft Punk etc.), so the documentury could be great to show younger audiences how highly influential that album is.

Triumph Tour needs to be released! i hope they will also include unreleased song's as well, plus a re-issue of the Live Vinyl!!!

Yep.

OTW anniversary release - with formerly unreleased songs and/or alternative takes, demos.
Documentary
Destiny and/or Triumph Tour DVD/Blue-ray

That would be great.

Yep.

OTW anniversary release - with formerly unreleased songs and/or alternative takes, demos.
Documentary
Destiny and/or Triumph Tour DVD/Blue-ray

That would be great.

i agree with you completely, these need to be discovered by the world :)

This is extremely awesome! :dancing: Off The Wall was the second album of MJ that i bought!......An guessed release date from Spike would be great.

OTW has a lot of potential. It's an album that appeals to the general public, it's a classic, yet it's a bit more obscure than Thriller (well, relatively speaking), so there's a lot of room to popularize and promote it further. Also a lot of artists of today seem to want to emulate OTW (Timberlake, Timbaland, Pharrell, Daft Punk etc.), so the documentury could be great to show younger audiences how highly influential that album is.
You're right and it makes sense if they highlight that when they are promoting this film. But at the same time that's exactly a trap I hope Spike Lee does not fall into during the making of the documentary. The last thing we need more of imo is valuable documentary time alloted to current artists to say how great of an album it was without adding anything profound. I hope he also scraps the out-of-context and cheap 'where were you on June 25' segment this time.

It would be nice if Quincy and Bruce Swedien work on unreleased material. And Pharrell doing the remixes of album tracks (DSTYGE, WDAN, OTW..).

I'm sure The Jacksons will disagree.

Considering Jackie has worked with the estate in the past.. i think he'll work with them, if a Tour release is planned.. Unreleased song's are required also.. and an acapella of 'I Can't Help It' would be insane :wild:

Considering Jackie has worked with the estate in the past.. i think he'll work with them, if a Tour release is planned..

Of course Jackie will. Marlon and Tito too. But all brothers have to agree. And I don't see Randy agreeing with anything Estate related because he's an imbecile. I'm glad Jermaine wasn't part of that tour, so they won't be needing his consent. I'm sure he would make problems too and he'll probably be the most vocal of all of them even though he wasn't at that tour at all!

Oh my gosh!!! I think I just fainted dead away. Thank you Spike. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It would be nice if Quincy and Bruce Swedien work on unreleased material. And Pharrell doing the remixes of album tracks (DSTYGE, WDAN, OTW..).

Pharrell would work magic on OTW remixes. please keep timbaland far far away from this please&thnx

This is great news to hear about Off The Wall that was my first album i got. I would love to get a Dvd of Triumph Tour i mean a clear one and the picture beautiful the ones at there are just messy it not a clear picture. I just love it when Michael does Ben live that song just get to me and when Michael sing it it bring tears to my eyes.

Pharrell would work magic on OTW remixes. please keep timbaland far far away from this please&thnx
Pharrell and Bruno Mars' group the Skeezingtons ? Would also be good.

I would love Bruno et al to 'contemporize ' those Bad 25 demos and release them officially.

Maybe Bruno Mars also could work on some remixes.. love his song 'Treasure'!

Off the Wall is probably one of my least favourite albums. A documentary on HIStory for me, would be the most interesting to see if we could get an insight into how he was creating due to the allegations. Supposedly the minute he laid the first Scream verse it was an anger never seen before from him, would be cool to see that if it exists.

Still, cool Mike getting that recognition his craft deserves in culture.

Maybe Bruno Mars also could work on some remixes.. love his song 'Treasure'!
Great minds think alike again. And if it helps all the Jacksons seem to adore Bruno.

Of course Jackie will. Marlon and Tito too. But all brothers have to agree. And I don't see Randy agreeing with anything Estate related because he's an imbecile. I'm glad Jermaine wasn't part of that tour, so they won't be needing his consent. I'm sure he would make problems too and he'll probably be the most vocal of all of them even though he wasn't at that tour at all!

I can just see Jermaine saying this oh Michael would not like that if he only knew what their were doing just like he did Xscape. Glad he was not around when their did this tour.

Great minds think alike again. And if it helps all the Jacksons seem to adore Bruno.

That is a brilliant thing also, i think Pharrell & Peter Hernandez (Bruno Mars) should definitely be approached.. maybe a bonus duet?

Timbo would be my second choice after Pharrell, but I doubt that Timbo would do 2 MJ projects in a row. Pharrell would be a perfect producer for this release, to do remixes.

Timbo would be my second choice after Pharrell, but I doubt that Timbo would do 2 MJ projects in a row. Pharrell would be a perfect producer for the release, to do remixes.

Timbaland should never work on Michael's music again, PERIOD.

Back