Will we get a 3rd single from Xscape ??

Hess

Proud Member
What do you guys think?

Will we get one more single or is Xscape promotion dead and officially over??

I truely hope for one more single - and video. - But seems like nothing happens.

Why on earth don't they promote the crap out of Xscape just before the Christmas sale?? It can't be very expensive to release a single every 14 day. - if not on iTunes etc. then at least release a bunch of radio singles.

I think it's done. With the disaster of the "hologram" performance at the Billboard Awards, to waiting so damn long to release the 2nd single, and have it be a total flop, I think Sony has given up on Xscape.

Take a year off, come back in 2016 and get Dangerous25 out.

Why on earth don't they promote the crap out of Xscape just before the Christmas sale?? It can't be very expensive to release a single every 14 day. - if not on iTunes etc. then at least release a bunch of radio singles.

We're not even half way through November yet so who knows what they'll do for Christmas - they still have a while to go. There's no point in releasing a new single every 14 days if you're not going to advertise them, which I imagine costs a solid amount on iTunes. I don't have a clue how much it costs but it is (by far) the biggest digital music store in the world.

I'm not really sure if we'll get another single (edging towards no?). Personally, I'm not really worried because I'm happy with how the album and debut single have performed this year.

I think it's done. With the disaster of the "hologram" performance at the Billboard Awards, to waiting so damn long to release the 2nd single, and have it be a total flop, I think Sony has given up on Xscape.

I wouldn't call it a success, I wouldn't call the hologram a disaster either... the general public seemed to think it was cool (it was really only the fans and a small portion of the public who were complaining about it) but it came and went without much fuss. It didn't make as much of a fuss as Tupac's hologram because Tupac was first and at a much bigger/prominent event.

In regards to APWNN, that pretty much died down right after the music video release in all honesty... but I don't really blame anyone. The Estate tried something new with the music video (which was pretty cool all things considered) but without the actual artist here... there's just not much you can do sadly...

Last edited:

Take a year off, come back in 2016 and get Dangerous25 out.

The hologram was a disaster? What? The hologram wasn't a disaster. It was Sony who let the chance go to promote Slave To The Rhythm with the hologram! Sony simply made the money they needed and then let XSCAPE just die.

My only gripe is that STTR wasn't playing like crazy on the radio after the awards. That was a sure fire hit in my opinion.

I said this a few weeks back, someone with direct contact with Estate Online Team (and there are members here who have that) has to ask them what is happening. Just yes or no for 3rd single. Is the promotion over or not. They have to tell us something. We deserve to know. We've been living in the dark about this for over a month!

The official facebook page did post about Xscape asking everyone for their favorite tracks after 6 months of the album release. A lot of people have replied enthusiastically naming more than one track. It won't make sense if they stop the promotions, the album is still fresh in people's minds. I am sure there will be a 3rd single and a video!

Last edited:
If they do, they should release Xscape as the 3rd title. It's the kind of music kids listen to these days, so it should get some attention.

Slave To The Rhythm should have been the second single, using the Billboard Awards performance as the official video! they should let 'Xscape' go and in 2015 release 'Thriller 3D' + Off The Wall Docu & Possible Tour release.

I will be disappointed if they don't release Chicago. I thought that song was really radio friendly. It would be a shame if there was not one big push in the weeks up to Christmas. One thing that is a bit sad was at the start the record company actively went out of their way to include fan sites but that relationship seems to have stopped.

That rumour about Xscape 2.0 would be perfect for this time of year. Re-release of Standard Edition + JT Duet + Xscape feat. 2Pac + Hot Fun In The Summertime - that would be awesome! I hope the rumour was true and that they didn't decide to drop the idea. Beyonce is re-releasing her self titled album with 2 new tracks & Iggy Azalea is re-releasing her The New Classic album with 5 new songs.

Onir, Is this a new trend. I would be upset if I bought an album and then had to go buy it again because they added just a few new songs.

Last edited:
OnirMJ;4058275 said:
That rumour about Xscape 2.0 would be perfect for this time of year. Re-release of Standard Edition + JT Duet + Xscape feat. 2Pac + Hot Fun In The Summertime - that would be awesome! I hope the rumour was true and that they didn't decide to drop the idea. Beyonce is re-releasing her self titled album with 2 new tracks & Iggy Azalea is re-releasing her The New Classic album with 5 new songs.

Adding to this, there's a rumor that Beyoncé is relasing Volume II of her self titled album with two Live DVD's! her fans are so lucky.. i don't think their should be a re-release of Xscape, Unreleased audio is precious!

Onir, Is this a new trend. I would be upset if I bought an album and then had to go buy it again because they added some a few new songs.
its a progression on the "normal" and "deluxe" version. It's been done with "extended" DVDs. Yes really it's a con. Buy it again for a couple of tracks not considered good enough for the original album but if your a complete mug like me you will pre order it and pay the same again. Mind you I own three different copies of Xcsape already!

Onir, Is this a new trend. I would be upset if I bought an album and then had to go buy it again because they added some a few new songs.

Yes, it is a new trend to boost up the sales of the album, because nowadays it's very hard to sell even a million copies, even for current "stars" like Iggy.

i don't think their should be a re-release of Xscape, Unreleased audio is precious!

They could add 1-2 unreleased songs. Not more than that. I know they are precious, that's why I said 2 remixes (LNFSG and Xscape) and only 1 unreleased track (Hot Fun In The Summertime which is already completed).

I will be disappointed if they don't release Chicago. I thought that song was really radio friendly. It would be a shame if there was not one big push in the weeks up to Christmas. One thing that is a bit sad was at the start the record company actively went out of their way to include fan sites but that relationship seems to have stopped.

I will be disappointed as well ...
Let's hope and pray ;)

I really really hope they do release a new single.

Some of the songs are great - and a great video could be made for many songs.

Xscape, STTR, Chicago and BG could have amazing videos. - And they would do well on the radio I think.

I don't see a re-release at this point, we would've heard something by now if they were planning one for the holidays. They may still release a third single, but probably will wait for next year after the holidays.

Even though I hate Timbaland's version since the Billboard paper ghost caused craze among the non fans, STTR would have been a good second single and APWNN the third one.

Xscape should be put to bed after the new year begins, sure it is a great album (original versions) but they shouldn't keep focus on one album for 2 years.

Xscape should be put to bed after the new year begins, sure it is a great album (original versions) but they shouldn't keep focus on one album for 2 years.

What 2 years? It's been only 6 months. If I was Epic I would promote it for one full year (until May of 2015). That would make sense. But they obviously won't. Because they are stupid.

I would feel disappointed if Xscape and Chicago aren't singles, they're probably two of the strongest songs we have left in the achieves.

I would feel disappointed if Xscape and Chicago aren't singles, they're probably two of the strongest songs we have left in the achieves.

You don't know that, their are many song's that could be even better than what we have heard thus far.

I'm not doubting that we have some great songs left but I just feel let down that we've got 2 fantastic songs (especially the new mix of Xscape)and they're not singles. I just wonder what the plan was. Why ask Darkchild to come on board with the new project and not use his track as a single. Which I feel is the best remix on the album. I can't help but think if down the line how many potential smash singles we have, and I feel Xscape is one, like Hollywood Tonight was on Michael.

Originals version are great indeed - but I do like some of the new versions even more - and it is my impression that many others feel the same... especially non-fans like the new versions the most.

2 years ?? - It was released in may... - they should at least keep promoting it till may - maybe even release a single on the 1-year anniversary day of Xscape.

Back