Bruno Mars - Michael Jackson Tribute at Zanzibar

Victor

Proud Member
Donations
$5.00
This is amazing!!

**From 2009**

** MODS, PLEASE MOVE THIS IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG SECTION. I DID NOT KNOW WHERE I SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS VIDEO** :)

Should have been in michaelmania dude, but this is the best cover of TWYMMF & IWYB that i've ever heard.

Bruno Mars is a great MJ fan, and makes some great tributes.

Actually BM's dad meat MJ once I think. - I bet BM is jaloux. :) (well aren't we all! :lol:)

I never thought I'd see another male artist this great who was born during my lifetime. He's still not on the Michael level, but I think he's amazing, truly. What I really love about him is (unlike most artists today that just copy Michael) is that his inspirations were James Brown and Jackie Wilson, two great artists that Michael loved. (Bruno's dad used to have him sit and watch their performances over and over) And of course, he started at five years old too. :)

Good article about his new song that says it's a tribute to Michael:

http://m.mic.com/articles/103922/br...nson-is-an-amazing-tribute-to-michael-jackson

Here's the new song:

Not to mention that he is a TRUE Michael Jackson fan and has been imitating him since he was a little boy :)

[youtube]LGZS36uJ6MU[/youtube]

I am so glad that you posted this interview. I've watched this quite a few times, and I just love the way Bruno talks about Michael and his art here. It's probably one of the best interviews and discussions about Michael I've seen from another artist.
I have seen video of him doing impressions of Michael at about 4, but there's a great one when he was singing with his father's band The Blue Notes-when he's about 15 or so, and he is absolutely fantastic at it. Really fantastic. But I couldn't find it-but somebody took it down. :(

Bruno Mars is the greatest artist that is out there these days, unfortunately i didn't have the honor of experiencing Michael's genius at it's peak.. of course we are still getting concerts etc.. but it'll never be the same! i've been a big fan of Bruno's since his first album was released, and i hope the rumor is true that he's releasing a new album next year! dying to see him live.

After seeing Bruno at the superbowl, ive been hooked. that boy can sing!

Two great albums and an amazing performer.

That new tune is SENSATIONAL

For future reference: yes, this should have been posted in Michael Mania. :)

Here's more Bruno singing Michael.

He is great. - Seems like a nice guy too.

Yep, I like Bruno's music and style. He got my attention with that SuperBowl performance, too.

Yep, I like Bruno's music and style. He got my attention with that SuperBowl performance, too.
I had already perked up to attention (and this is someone who hasn't listened to any current pop for 25 years really) when I had insomnia and the video of"Nothing On You" came on around 3 A.M. I virtually jumped and fell out of bed when it came on. I RAN to the computer to find out who he was.

But then, I saw this-the VMAs right after Amy Winehouse died. Needless to say, I was stunned:

I agree-he's the ONLY performer I would pay to see live now. Maybe if Diana comes back through town. Those two.

I like Bruno Mars too, as a lot of other singers/bands, But Bruno Mars is not the inspiration for my username here, as a few people asked already ;)

1240083_424334171009579_2081975629_n.jpg

1002353_415356128574050_894584376_n.jpg

Of course Michael will always be the best ;)

I like Bruno Mars too, as a lot of other singers/bands, But Bruno Mars is not the inspiration for my username here, as a few people asked already ;)

1240083_424334171009579_2081975629_n.jpg

1002353_415356128574050_894584376_n.jpg

Of course Michael will always be the best ;)
Oh, gosh, I love this picture of Michael in his tux.
:wub:

Uptown funk gon' give it to ya!!!

Literally listened to that song on repeat at the gym last night non stop. Good lawd its too funkaaaaayyyy!!!

Don't believe me just watch! AOW!

Bruno Mars is the greatest artist that is out there these days, unfortunately i didn't have the honor of experiencing Michael's genius at it's peak.. of course we are still getting concerts etc.. but it'll never be the same! i've been a big fan of Bruno's since his first album was released, and i hope the rumor is true that he's releasing a new album next year! dying to see him live.

you really do need to see him live! seen him twice and he's amazing, HE CAN SING live unlike most artists, he can dance (clearly michael inspired) and he can control the crowd. BRILLIANT!

Bruno is brilliant, best performer in pop today and the best performer in pop I've seen since Michael.

He has the passion, the energy and the talent to go really far and he's already on his way. He's learnt from the best and put his own twist on it, just as Michael did.

I like how he has evolved since his first album, his first album was cheesy, catchy pop which gained him attention and he made a name for himself and now that he has that attention he is able to express himself more as an artist and he is making better music because of it.

His first few songs, 'Just The Way You Are', 'Marry You' etc. Were catchy songs and written strictly so that people could apply those songs to things going on in everyday life. Women liked Just The Way You Are because they imagined it being sung to them, Marry You was applied to marriage proposals. He was clever in the way he wrote these songs with strong appeal to everyday life, but they were not great songs, just catchy.

By the time he released his next album, he was already well known and popular so he was then able to express himself more as an artist and create better music. Songs like Locked Out Of Heaven and Treasure, good songs. Then he backs up these good songs with great, high energy performances of these songs.

I love his latest song with Mark Ronson and I believe his own album will be a killer whenever it comes out.

Really, really impressed with him. I'm going to throw it out there and say that I think we actually have someone out there who is worthy of the title 'Prince Of Pop'. Never the King of course, that's reserved for only one man, but the next best thing I believe he is.

I totally agree with all these comments about Bruno and honestly never thought I'd see a singer/dancer this all round talented ever again.

When I read a review saying he might be the new King of Pop, I actually didn't flinch. I never thought that title was good enough for Michael anyway. King of pop, Rock and soul, yes. But not abbreviated.

And if you think of "pop" in the truest sense of the word, it means popular NOW and loved by everybody. Like Sinatra and big bands were. Like the Gershwins were. Irving Berlin. The Beatles. Etc. All ages, all races, all genders singing along. I think Bruno is the one to do it now.

(I happen to be watching a PBS special on the "greats of 50's pop" so maybe that's why I've got the phrase in my head.)

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of you..but I have loved Bruno Mars since the beginning. :wub: he literally is the only artist at the moment who I can say isn't trying to be another celebrity. You know how everyone says things like, "Lady Gaga wants to be Madonna.", or "Beyoncé wants to be Tina Turner." I don't hear that about Bruno Mars. And I don't see it either. He gives me a Michael/James Brown vibe, but he's also himself more than that. Plus he can actually sing and is multitalented. I had already thought of him as a legend, but if nothing sealed the deal...his Super Bowl Halftime Show performance definitely did. It was the BEST one since Michael's, tbh. Mike is the King of Music and Bruno is the King of Pop. I like that. :D

Bruno Mars' recent performance on Saturday Night Live was so genius, he sang with such a flawless and simple aura.. but it came out like the harmonies of the heaven's above.. wonderful to hear someone giving so much passion, to their fans.. because quite frankly, that is very rare to find these days. Bruno is a real ARTIST, he doesn't do this for fame.. he does it to entertain the world. He is a gift to the music industry, and i honestly do think that he is the greatest artist of this generation, he's only 29 years old.. i hope he gains more and more success as his career matures.

Bruno Mars is exceptionally talented. I've been lucky enough to see him live, and he puts on an amazing show. I also love all his bsides and unreleased tracks, and think there are just as good as the stuff on his studio albums.

I never thought I'd see another mainstream artist be that good. Taylor swift comes close, but She can't touch Bruno Mars in terms of how good he is.

My second favourite musician or all time :wub: I saw him perform about 3 years ago. One of the best concerts I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. :clapping:

How have I never seen this before?! Bruno is in my top three artists. This just makes me all happy inside. One of my favorites covering my all time favorite! So adorable. Dang, do I love me some Bruno! Thank you for posting this :D

Another common things with Michael is that music runs through his veins and how much he enjoy to be on stage,I don´t know on tour ;)but on stage.I really like this guy :chillin:

Back