Rumours of a re-release?

RockOrBluesInNorway

Proud Member
I've heard that there is going to be a re-release of Xscape. I've not been able to find anything to wither confirm or deny this? anybody who has any information about this?

Why would they re-release an album that's not even a year old? Unless their planning on releasing a version with extra songs added

Why would they re-release an album that's not even a year old? Unless their planning on releasing a version with extra songs added

Iggy Azalea and Beyonce just did it. Of course with few new songs.

If i were the estate, i'd never release an extended version of a posthumous album! these tracks need to last, yes Rodney Jerkins says their's enough for 8 albums.. but i'd rather they stick with the 8 song's tactics from now on.

I'd prefer they leave new songs for upcoming albums, I don't see the purpose of re releasing Xscape with 2 new songs. I hope is not true.

I think it would be very cool, a re-release with additional songs. :2cents:

If i were the estate, i'd never release an extended version of a posthumous album! these tracks need to last, yes Rodney Jerkins says their's enough for 8 albums.. but i'd rather they stick with the 8 song's tactics from now on.

1 or 2 new songs + JT remix + Xscape remix feat. 2Pac would be great. Enough new material for re-release. Great way to get album back on the charts. The album has so much potential. The songs are brilliant and there was demand from the general public for new material. Epic just didn't know how to deliver it. Now it's their chance to get people's attention back to Xscape. Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays is the perfect time for re-release. That's why Beyonce's and Iggy's record companies are doing it.

I'd prefer they leave new songs for upcoming albums, I don't see the purpose of re releasing Xscape with 2 new songs. I hope is not true.

Agreed, if their were to be a re-release it would be nice if they included the 7 demo's for the real tracks on the 'Michael' album, and an acapella from Slave To The Rhythm!

1 or 2 new songs + JT remix + Xscape remix feat. 2Pac would be great. Enough new material for re-release. Great way to get album back on the charts. The album has so much potential. The songs are brilliant and there was demand from the general public for new material. Epic just didn't know how to deliver it. Now it's their chance to get people's attention back to Xscape. Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays is the perfect time for re-release. That's why Beyonce's and Iggy's record companies are doing it.

Yes, but as many other's have said.. Michael is no longer here to record new material! so they shouldn't waste unheard tracks on re-releases of posthumous records.

Yes, but as many other's have said.. Michael is no longer here to record new material! so they shouldn't waste unheard tracks on re-releases of posthumous records.

Why not? There are plenty of songs to be used. I didn't say 5 or 6 songs. That would be to much. 1-2 songs is perfect. Also they put out just 8 songs on Xscape and they planned to have Hot Fun In The Summertime on this release so this is the perfect opportunity to release it. That's 1 new song + 2 remixes I mentioned + maybe 1 more unreleased track. Perfect. Hot Fun is already finished so that would mean that they have to re-work just 1 new track. Or not, 1 new song is good too.

That is not waste of unheard tracks. Bad 25 was waste of unheard tracks. Price Of Fame & I'm So Blue would be perfect for Xscape.

OnirMJ;4060590 said:
I thought it was strange when Beyoncé's album was announced and saw it as a money grab.
But if more and more big stars are doing this then why not Xscape? They should add "Hot Fun" too.

Those acts re releasing their albums can record new material, Michael can't. The more albums released with unheard material, the better to keep him current in the industry. I know it's a technique to have more albums sold but it's an absurd money grab.

Yeah, don't mess fans around. Respect MJs memory and get it right the first time for a posthumous album.

Those acts re releasing their albums can record new material, Michael can't. The more albums released with unheard material, the better to keep him current in the industry. I know it's a technique to have more albums sold but it's an absurd money grab.

Right here! this is what i mean.. Release a new album every 4-5 years and their you have around 30 years of albums.. mix that with future Blu-Ray & Other format visual releases too.. Michael's legacy & new material could go on for many more years, which is always a good thing.

you're right. Michael is a billion levels above these other artists artistically anyway so I see for the others it's a "take the money and run" thing.

It's not happening, December is right around the corner, we would've had an announcement by now if they were planning a re-release. They are saving the material for the next album.

It's not happening, December is right around the corner, we would've had an announcement by now if they were planning a re-release. They are saving the material for the next album.

What I read was that it was supposed to come in December, but a confirmation, as stated above, just roumers.

They don't need to re-release it. Sony couldn't do much for the original release, so what makes anyone think the new version would be even better.

Don't waste anymore unreleased tracks on a re-released album, unless it's the anniversary edition for Dangerous. And please for the love of God...no more flipping remixes!

And please for the love of God...no more flipping remixes!

Remixes can be great promotional tool.

I would love to hear that Rodney Jerkins Xscape remix feat. 2 Pac.

Also Beyonce is re-releasing her album with just 2 new songs and 4 remixes with guest artists - Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z and Kanye West, Pharrell...

We already have originals and album versions. So I don't see any problem with remixes or guest artists - like already released JT duet. Absolutely not Nicki Minaj, but remixes with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Pharrell, Justin Timberlake & Beyonce + that 2 Pac remix & Hot Fun In The Summertime would make perfect re-release.

Remixes can be great promotional tool.

I would love to hear that Rodney Jerkins Xscape remix feat. 2 Pac.

Also Beyonce is re-releasing her album with just 2 new songs and 4 remixes with guest artists - Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z and Kanye West, Pharrell...

We already have originals and album versions. So I don't see any problem with remixes or guest artists - like already released JT duet. Absolutely not Nicki Minaj, but remixes with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Pharrell, Justin Timberlake & Beyonce + that 2 Pac remix & Hot Fun In The Summertime would make perfect re-release.
Michael feat. Usher that would be perfect in my opinion! ;)

I think a remix should be done with Pharrell Williams, and then a later project with Bruno Mars! Pharrell is getting to that age, when he knows.. how music should be.. of course his band is completely different from his solo projects but that is irrelevant.

Ideally I'd like a re release with additional tracks. But i wouldn't want to take away good songs from a future album release! I'll be patient to get another full album...

Total side note, I'd like a release if mj songs in an unplugged/accoustic style! Doesn't have to be a big release!

I'd love Janelle Monae to work on a Michael track, I dig her sound :)

I think a remix should be done with Pharrell Williams

Yeah, that'd be cool! I'd also love to hear a remix/duet with Lady Gaga. That fan made mashup a few months back was absolutely awesome! :D

Although I don't think we need a re-release of Xscape, as much as I love the album. We only have so many Michael tracks left and if they re-released it but only with remixes, I'd just buy the remixes on iTunes if I liked them.

I'm very torn on this issue. On one hand, I don't want to end up waiting 2-3 years for new Michael Jackson material. On the other hand, I want the material to last, considering most unreleased material is not in the Estate's hands so they need to make what they have now last.

I hope for a rerelease but I don't think it will happen. I would love to hear the. 2 PAC mix and id be happy with pharrel working on something. I don't have 30 yrs to wait for all the songs to be released. Lol! Please give us a Xmas gift estate.

I hope it happens, but I don't think it will. They should use the original photo as the cover (or the "poster" version we have).
It would be a miracle if it happens this year, we would have heard something by now if it was planned.

They probably want to save as much as they can for future projects.

We only have so many Michael tracks left and if they re-released it but only with remixes, I'd just buy the remixes on iTunes if I liked them.

Of course. A re-release with just 1 new song and few new remixes would be aimed at general public, not hardcore fans. Thus why all the guest artists (just like Beyonce is having Kanye, Nicki & Pharrell). It's promotional tactic to bring the album back on the charts and to get people interested again. And with popular remixes the main album will become popular again - album versions & original versions. They don't expect each fan to buy the record again, but there is a lot of people who didn't buy the record at all and maybe this re-release will attract them because of the attractive remixes and guests.

I'd also love to hear a remix/duet with Lady Gaga.

Absolutely! And I think it will happen in the near future for sure. Her main producer (RedOne) worked with MJ on 8-10 songs and majority of the songs are incomplete. So I'm sure he'll ask his favourite artist (Gaga) to fill in (just like Timbaland asked Justin Timberlake). And also she's huge MJ fan so she'll gladly do it.

If this is implemented, most likely that they would put the song Hot Fun in the Summertime ..
He was to be the bonus in Xscape album but replaced it with the duet with Justin Timberlake

Back