What happened to the MJ pictures section of this forum?!

MJresearcher

Proud Member
It's disappeared and taken the manhood thread with it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

15263030783_a34970438c.jpg

Edit: I looked around and saw this post from Gaz:

As of today 2000 watts and Michael In The Mirror forums are now no long available to the general membership.

Only those in the Club membership will be granted access.

Going forward this is a permanent change in MJJC and will not be reversed.

Between now and December we will also be adding more sections to Club MJJC for its final release on 1st jan 2015.

If this does not fit yourselves then you are always welcome to find another elsewhere to share your Michael Jackson.

We would like to know, how we can get the access to the club :) And How to jion it... .)

I will miss Michael in the mirror and 2000 watts indeed. If you want to have access again to become a club member , you must donate. In my case,I won't be able to do so. :( I'll miss you to see you there as well guys! :sigh:

Last edited:
What is a fanboard without a picture section accessible to all members? Makes no sense to me. But, whatever.

Donations to the site get your account upgraded to a club member. I donated because I can afford to at the moment, but I know that not everyone is able to do that. It's tough because running a site with this many members is very expensive and it's unfortunate that it's come to the point where multiple sections of the forum are only accessible to people who can afford to give donations but I guess this is how it has to be. Still sad though.

What is a fanboard without a picture section accessible to all members? Makes no sense to me. But, whatever.

Yeah I don't get why the pictures section is Club Member-only. 2000 Watts I can understand, but pictures?

Ask us to find elsewhere is like saying if you aren't willing to $$$ to become club member, don't come anymore. It's rude IMO, there are a lot of members who've been here for years but may not be able to upgrade their account... because yeah, not everyone has the money to donate, even if it's just a small amount. Especially at times like this. So, imagine having to restrain from coming here and share pictures, after all those years because you can't donate. I know I can't or won't be able in the near future, I don't think it's fair (the owner and staff might say it is but not entirely, if you think about it). Anyways, if that's how it's gonna be, the forum will surely lose many of its supporters (yes, you can be a supporter even if you don't contribute monetarily). Real sad how things have changed. I'll miss the place.

I feel you girls.
But look at it this way..
It isn't fair either that it are always the same people who donate huh?
$10 a year is 0.83 cents a month.. I don't think that is too much to pay for a place people you like to join so much and often.

Sorry, just my two cents
I will miss yous too :(

I'll miss the pictures section. I'd donate if I could, but I can't. Honestly I'd rather it be the 2300 Jackson Street section as club members only, since I don't go in there anyway *shrugs* Could this be the new picture thread? :ph34r:

Michael-Jackson.jpg

I find it unfair as well, especially the arrogant remark "find somewhere else to share your Michael Jackson". Just for that, I don't feel like donating!

If this does not fit yourselves then you are always welcome to find another elsewhere to share your Michael Jackson

I didn't see that earlier.. why is that comment necessary tho? Nobody even said anything and we're already told 'if you don't like it, go somewhere else'. Like Irma said, I think that's very rude. A lot of people would like to donate, but can't. I don't care if it's only 10$, people have their reasons why they can't donate and there's no reason to make them feel guilty and unwanted with comments like that.
Also, I'd say that the amount of traffic to the site is directly linked to the amount of $$ coming in for selling advertisement space and such. So in that way, active members and their contribution to this site are also 'worth' something.
I can see why they chose to do this with the picture sub-forum as it's one of the most visited and most enjoyed parts of the site. I know it was for me, and I'll surely miss it.

I too find it a little bit frustrating that forum sections that have been long time for all members suddenly become for club members only. I think something new should be for them only and not take things away from others. I might donate in the future but this thing doesn't feel right.

i'll surely miss this fourm but oh well goodbye! can't donate to mjjc in this country anw

Exactly! Fanboards with restriction to pictures section is a put down. But it's also the most sought after section, for the survival of the forum something had to be done. I am still off about it though :( I was just beginning to enjoy the section (yeah, the MH thread :D) and browsing the MJ gifs forum just made my day. I won't be able to donate though. :( gonna miss that section. :/

I personally really don*t care if those sections are for club members only now. Since I had stopped going in to those sections a good couple of years or so ago. Thanks to that evil nameless monster for causing my horrible depression. Over what had happen to Michael. It had gotten way too painful to even look at those sections. Mainly the pictures section. Which used to be one of my most favorite sections. Seeing those gorgeous sexy pictures of him. And then suddenly remember of where he is now.:boohoo I am so very, very glad that they are for club members only now. I*m sorry but it is the way that I feel anymore. Especially since I very hardly can call myself an MJ fan anymore. You can very much blame that evil nameless monster for that.

I too find it a little bit frustrating that forum sections that have been long time for all members suddenly become for club members only. I think something new should be for them only and not take things away from others. I might donate in the future but this thing doesn*t feel right.

Exactly, it doesn*t feel right. I can understand the reasons but it still...feels odd.

I*ve been active on fan forums since 2007 and this is the first time the owner restricts me to access certain parts of it because I can*t donate. It*d be easier if the majority disagrees with the new policy.

Yeah i*m never gonna be able to donate. Due to issues with paypal. It*s a shame that these sections are now locked off. But I understand why it was done. I would donate if I coud but I literally can*t *cause of paypal.

I feel you girls.
But look at it this way..
It isn*t fair either that it are always the same people who donate huh?
$10 a year is 0.83 cents a month.. I don*t think that is too much to pay for a place people you like to join so much and often.

Sorry, just my two cents
I will miss yous too :(

All right, if those people are the only ones who donate, it*s most likely because they can or make an effort to do so (which is great). As I said before though, there*s gonna be people who won*t be able to donate, ever, due to reasons they can*t control or just because they need that small amount for something else (yeah, difficult times we*re living in). I was able to donate once and it was because I could and felt like it, but with the sort of remarks such as *find another elsewhere to share your Michael Jackson.* ... the will to donate is completely gone, even if you*re in a position to do so, IMO.

All right, if those people are the only ones who donate, it*s most likely because they can or make an effort to do so (which is great). As I said before though, there*s gonna be people who won*t be able to donate, ever, due to reasons they can*t control or just because they need that small amount for something else (yeah, difficult times we*re living in). I was able to donate once and it was because I could and felt like it, but with the sort of remarks such as *find another elsewhere to share your Michael Jackson.* ... the will to donate is completely gone, even if you*re in a position to do so, IMO.

Yes, that is why i said; I feel you,

As with so many other things in life...
It is the tone that makes the music"

Eventhough the message might have been the same.

Instead of locking it off to a few donators, how about we are required to reach a financial goal collectively, as a community, before threads can be reopened to the public? This could be a yearly, quarterly thing if necessary. These threads, among many other things, make MJJC the special community it is. Surely there*s another way we could make it work...

Yeah I don*t get why the pictures section is Club Member-only. 2000 Watts I can understand, but pictures?

My guess is the bandwith (or some other techy reason) to host a site with all of these bells and whistles isn*t cheap. This site isn*t the only one that has perks for contributors. Many major newspapers now will give full access to their online versions for a low subscription fee (the Chicago Tribune and New York Times are two I subscribe to). Photobucket is another site that has perks for contributors. You can still enjoy the "free" versions of those (and this) site, but accept that you won*t get the same version paying contributors get and shouldn*t.

I find it a bit ironic that there was a rush by some members here to "buy Neverland" (which would cost a whole lot more than a few bucks a year) are upset over the contributor perks for this fansite. I wasn*t always able to contribute here, but I made it a part of my budget to do so because I appreciate the message of honoring Mike this site makes priority #1.

Last edited:
I have another idea: why don*t we write a letter to the Estate and ask them nicely to support this forum, it being the largest Michael Jackson fan-forum out there. We could all sign it. After all, we are supporting them as an Estate through buying albums, tickets, etc. For them, the amount needed for this site would be just peanuts...

I have another idea: why don*t we write a letter to the Estate and ask them nicely to support this forum, it being the largest Michael Jackson fan-forum out there. We could all sign it. After all, we are supporting them as an Estate through buying albums, tickets, etc. For them, the amount needed for this site would be just peanuts...

I'm sorry, but why can't the FANS support this site? It is not the estate's responsibility, especially since that would open the door for the many other Mike-related fan sites to make the same claim (and would be justified in doing so if the estate supported this one financially). Btw, the estate is MICHAEL. If he was still alive would you ask him for money to run a site dedicated to him, one that he didn't set up or own or have any content control over? He would probably say no and I wouldn't blame him.

Mike has an official site with a fan forum and if you saw how it is neglected and non-functioning, you'd understand why supporting sites like this one is vital, practically necessary. Mike's official site is set up to keep his legacy alive financially, with little to no effort put into the fan interaction aspect. I've had an account there for a couple of years and have seen the forums revamped, ignored, not monitored and even SHUT DOWN. I checked on it yesterday and all I could do was read my profile and old private messages. We can't even access the forums properly or post in them anymore!

This is the best site out there available to the fans and people need to either shit or get off the pot, because Mike's estate isn't obligated to financially support it or want to. That's plain to see by how his official forum is a ghost town, neglected and pathetic.

EDIT Being a fan of an artist is a personal CHOICE, not something that the artist is obligated to bankroll fan projects for. None of us had to buy Mike's albums, concert tickets or tshirts and he wasn't on the hook for giving money back to us for doing so. His obligation was to give his best in the music and/or other projects he released to the public. We do not own him or any other artist because we love what they do.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but why can't the FANS support this site? It is not the estate's responsibility,

EDIT Being a fan of an artist is a personal CHOICE, not something that the artist is obligated to bankroll fan projects for. None of us had to buy Mike's albums, concert tickets or tshirts and he wasn't on the hook for giving money back to us for doing so. His obligation was to give his best in the music and/or other projects he released to the public. We do not own him or any other artist because we love what they do.
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We support Michael and love Michael. And he doesn't need to be buying a fan club for us to show that love and support.

It would be nice if the estate showes us their appreciation you know ... Without the estate no fans- without fans no estate
It works both ways -->

Back