Most likely estate releases over the next year?

rsggamer123

Proud Member
So another year is almost upon is which means (most likely) another release or two from the estate.

What are the most likely choices that will be released in the coming year and what would u like to see released?

To me it looks as if either Thriller 3D or a re release of off the wall are the most likely projects. Personally i would love to see the Victory tour finally released on Blu Ray. Realistically what are the chances though? I guess dreams are free..

Yeah, they seem to have scrapped the plans of releasing the HWT in 3D early.. The two projects that i would love to see released are a 'Thriller' 3D Bonanza, with the original short film mastered to 4K & transferred to full 1080p HD.. also including the making of documentary and a brand new featurette featuring unseen outtakes and rehearsals! as for the 'Off The Wall' release, i am hoping to hear a few unreleased tracks.. of course the documentary (which i hope wasn't just rumors from Spike) & a release of the Triumph Tour, perhaps one of the last dates performed! that or Providence, and master a entirely different live audio CD.. Beyond the conclusion of the first contract i would like to see the BAD Tour in HD & maybe Brunei double pack Blu-Ray also (as filmed by Gavin Taylor with analog HD cams).

Well, Spike Lee is working on the Off The Wall Documentary, so I think it would be great to get a Off The Wall Remastered box set, and a Triumph Tour dvd Release.

The Thriller 3D thing, to me, is utterly pointless. I could do without that.

I really can't think of anything practical the estate could do next year. It's much too soon to release any new music.

I really can't think of anything practical the estate could do next year. It's much too soon to release any new music.

You're always so damn negative.. what the hell is your problem? just because you could do without it, doesn't mean that everyone else can. I for one am extremely excited to see one of Michael's original productions in full resolution, and i hope this is just the beginning. New album will probably come in December 2017/Early 2018 anyway, depending on the situation.

Releasing it around Halloween in cinemas would not be pointless at all. Both the song and the album charted very high this year without any promotion. With this, this can give MJ another Billboard Hot 100 #1 hit.

Also Thriller deserves to be seen in HD and 3D.

New album will probably come in December 2017/Early 2018 anyway, depending on the situation.

The contract with Sony is expiring with the end on 2017 so it has to be by then. Unless they have plans to sign new contract. I wouldn't personally.

You're always so damn negative.. what the hell is your problem? just because you could do without it, doesn't mean that everyone else can. I for one am extremely excited to see one of Michael's original productions in full resolution, and i hope this is just the beginning. New album will probably come in December 2017/Early 2018 anyway, depending on the situation.

Uh...because it's a discussion board? And unlike some people, I'm not going to take whatever half-assed project the Estate wants to throw at me? I'm not going to come on here and say, "Oh yeah, this sounds great" if I don't think it is. Don't like opinions? Don't read them. :)

By the way, keep in mind that I said that I could do without the Thriller 3D release. Me. Not implying everyone else, just me.

Short films in HD on Blu-Ray would be great. I think that could be possible in few years.

I hope they release Dangerous 25 in 2016. Dangerous deserves that and singer Jessie J from UK agrees! :)

dyrwae.jpg

Their are some upscaled clips, but their are also some High resolution film reel snippets in that documentary too.

I hope they release Dangerous 25 in 2016. Dangerous deserves that and singer Jessie J from UK agrees! :)

dyrwae.jpg

I completely agree with you, their are so many unreleased tracks from that era! many more than 40! most song's don't even have their titles leaked. I would love a Blu-Ray of either Tokyo/Oviedo or Bangkok too.

I'd love an OTW special edition. In a similar format to BAD25 but with one of the newly released demos contemporized (whilst including the original demo) which could then be the lead single. I'd also like more demos of some of the songs that made it onto the original album.

If they have to release 2 projects in one year I hope they release Thriller in cinemas, mainly so I can take my girlfriend to a "scary film" and not even be scared :beach:

He wasn't being negative. He was just giving his opinion.

Zakk, u know the estate don't care about what we think.
Just one example: The HWT Munich Project. Seriously, Munich ? Even people who're not fan of MJ know this concert.
Second example: Xscape. 6 tracks already leaked, only 2 unreleased.

It's time to wake up man and try to change this !

I think it was actually smart to release the leaked versions now.

From now on nearly all songs will be new and have not leaked before.

The longer they had waited to release the songs - the more people would have found them on youtube, soundcloud, download etc.

Now they are released and not many leaked songs are out there anymore.

Next year I hope for OTW release like BAD25 - 1 CD (disc 1) with the original album - 1 CD (disc 2) with new songs (outtakes) - hope they contemporize the songs this time - and releases both the new and demo version like on Xscape. disc 2 could have 4 outtakes - new songs we've never heard before. That would be 4 contemporized songs and 4 demoes - that's 8 songs. That would leave room for maybe 5-6 other tracks. Maybe some demos for the original songs from OTW, maybe one remix or two. 1 CD (disc 3) with Live songs. - Maybe an entire live concert of a concert also released on DVD and Blu-Ray. 1 DVD with a concert. Triumph or Victory - most likely Triumph I would guess, but I don't care which one the release. And then also the Spike Lee doc. - It should be longer, feature more clips with MJ and a lot more studio footage! - I wanna see MJ record the songs. - See how he worked in the studio etc.

- Actually this one - but big - project would be enough for one year - but if there has to be 2 projects I would say Thriller would be nice. Full HD - 3D. - And after it has run in cinemas, it should be released on Blu-Ray with Ghosts. - Making of Thriller and Making of Ghosts. - And lot's of new never before seen footage!

Thriller and Ghosts deserves a Blu-Ray release. - And actually - while they transfer Thriller to HD and 3D - they should do the same thing with Ghosts !! - So people can go to the cinema and not only see 15 minutes Thriller - but also 30 minutes Ghosts (or how long it is!) - But make it a 2-in-1 Halloween experince! - See both Thriller and Ghosts in 3D full HD !!

:)

Agreed for the Halloween "pack". That could be awesome :bow:

But, I prefer an Dangerous release than an Off The Wall. A boxset: Documentary with rehearsal, record sessions, etc + 1CD with unreleased tracks + Wembley (or another city but, for me, Wembley is certainly the best concert of DWT) in BluRay/DVD

A Victory or a Triumph would be awesome too, it's sure but.. Bad and Dangerous are the best MJ's Era.

I don't think we'll be getting an Off the Wall box set next year. Assuming the Estate is going with the idea of Dangerous25 -- and why wouldn't they? Fans have been asking for it for years -- they wouldn't release two anniversary box sets in a row. Plus, it's much too soon to put out new material.

I don't think we'll be getting an Off the Wall box set next year. Assuming the Estate is going with the idea of Dangerous25 -- and why wouldn't they? Fans have been asking for it for years -- they wouldn't release two anniversary box sets in a row. Plus, it's much too soon to put out new material.

Did the estate have an e-mail or something like that for contacting them. (a petition will be useless, nobody sign it) If it's for a concert with the Wembley 88 quality, they can put the VHS where you know.

lougrizli;4063325 said:
Zakk, u know the estate don't care about what we think.
Just one example: The HWT Munich Project. Seriously, Munich ? Even people who're not fan of MJ know this concert.

It's time to wake up man and try to change this !

Munich has been screened on Television, yes. But Bucharest also was, in several countries & on several tv stations around the world. I think it's unfair to point blame at the estate for releasing 6 leaked tracks, it is not their fault that the song's leaked before their release. The fault lies with those who broke into Sony's archives, or got a copy from someone who was involved with the 2010 project (same with the previous leaks i assume too) Leaks of song's in particular are always disheartening but those who can only be put in blame, are those who uploaded and downloaded them. Simple. As for your request of a Dangerous 25th anniversary release, it makes no sense. If anything 'Off The Wall' re-issue would come out early next year, with the documentary that Spike Lee is said to be working on. How does that effect the 'Dangerous' November, 2016 milestone in any way? And thank you for bringing 'Dangerous 25' back to my attention, here are a couple of ideas for the next few years of projects.

''DANGEROUS 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

Disc 1: The Original 1991 Classic Blockbuster Album, Featuring Newly Enhanced 5.1 Mixes.

Disc 2: Unreleased Song’s and Demo’s taken from the original 1989-1991 Dangerous Recording Sessions.

Possible Tracklisting:
1. Alright Now
2. Bottle Of Smoke
3. Men In Black
4. Joy
5. Michael McKellar
6. Heaven Is Here
7. Fever
8. She Got It
9. Work That Body
10. California Grass
11. Jam (Remix)
12. Why You Wanna Trip On Me (Remix)
13. Dangerous (Remix)

Disc 3:
DANGEROUS World Tour 1992 Live CD

Disc 4:
Michael Jackson’s 1992 DANGEROUS World Tour Blu-Ray! & DVD

Bonus Features:
Dangerous Performed In Bangkok Thailand 1993.
Michael’s Legendary SuperBowl Half Time Show Performance
Rehearsals Held In Munich 1992 and Bangkok 1993.
Dangerous Live at the 1993 American Music Awards
1992 ‘Heal The World’ Press Conference

And Much More.

Also Including, Vintage Dangerous Styled In-Ear Headphones, Vintage 1991 Dangerous T-Shirt, Jam 7’’ LP Single, 2 Extensive Booklets Featuring Lyrics, rare & unseen photo’s. Photo Shoots, on set of Short Films, Captured Moments on Tour, Tour Dates and Credits.

DANGEROUS World Tour 1992 Limited Two Week Theatrical Run, to be screened worldwide.

In Depth Documentary Assessing the making of Michael’s Iconic 1991 Album. Featuring Interviews, Rare and Unseen Footage, Hospital Visits, Home Movies, Awards Appearances. 2016.

Blu-Ray! & DVD Re-Release of ‘Dangerous: The Short Films‘ (Part of The Possible Dangerous 25th Anniversary Releases)

Bonus Features:
Making of Footage for each short film
On Set With Michael and The Crew
Behind The Scenes
Outtakes

And Much More. 2016.''

I also list 'Blood On The Dancefloor/Ghosts' 20th anniversary idea for the following year.

''BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR/GHOSTS DELUXE 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

Disc 1: The Original 1997 (Planned 5 track EP) Including Unreleased Song’s & Demo’s taken from the original 1993-1998 Recording Sessions, Featuring Elizabeth I Love You and On The Line.

Disc 2: Michael Jackson’s Ghosts, 40 Minute Uncut Short Film sourced from the original 35mm Film Negatives, Mastered to Full High Definition. Scanned at 4K.

Bonus Features:
Dance Rehearsals
Behind The Scenes
Outtakes
Blood On The Dancefloor: The Short Film
The Making of Blood On The Dancefloor

Also Including a reproduction of the 1996 Programme from the original theatrical Screening, Ghosts 1996 Promotional Poster, Extensive Booklet featuring lyrics, unseen photo’s and credits. Blood On The Dancefloor Replica 7” LP Single, Vintage Styled Ghosts T-Shirt, Ghosts In-Ear Headphones and limited 35mm Film Cell.''

If they have to release 2 projects in one year I hope they release Thriller in cinemas, mainly so I can take my girlfriend to a "scary film" and not even be scared :beach:
haha, great idea, i'm going to do the same :lol:..

By the way, keep in mind that I said that I could do without the Thriller 3D release. Me. Not implying everyone else, just me.

I honestly wouldn't bother with Thriller 3D either. The vast majority of films converted to 3D in post-production are bleh and I don't really see the film benefiting that much from a conversion to 3D (minus like, two shots). Can't say I'd be first in line to see it at the theatre either unless it was attached to a great film (in which case, I'd more likely be going for the feature and really only seeing Thriller as a nice extra). Don't get me wrong, I love the short film but I'm not really in a rush to pay to see it on the big screen. I could see it being attached to a big horror film though (Can you imagine if it was attached to something as successful as The Conjuring? That would be cool! :eek:)

I would absolutely love to see it in HD though, very happily patiently waiting for the Blu-rays :)

And to those complaining about the Estate releasing leaked tracks, it's your own damn fault :hysterical: In fact, I don't even why you're complaining about that. It's still 13 brand new mixes (9 contemporised + 4 unheard demos), assuming you've played the leaked tracks already.

3D is desperately annoying altogether. No interest in anything 3D at all.

I'd much prefer a release of the making of thriller or the legend continues with some extra features, pepsi clips, perfomances, commercials etc.

Lmao i wonder how much time was wasted typing all of that. Unless this is nothing more than your fantasy something huge like that would never happen in a package. So much false hope.

[/QUOTE]
XFDSDSFXX

Lmao i wonder how much time was wasted typing all of that. Unless this is nothing more than your fantasy something huge like that would never happen in a package. So much false hope.
[/QUOTE]

If we did nothing, that's sure it just will be false hope and only dreaming all the time.

And whose fault is that those songs leaked?? - Thieves, collectors and "fans".

No. All 8 songs were UNRELEASED. Go check the word in a dictionary!

And whose fault is that those songs leaked?? - Thieves, collectors and "fans".

No. All 8 songs were UNRELEASED. Go check the word in a dictionary!

Lol. Not necessary to play with words. + It's Estate's fault, not us. If they can't protect something, it's not my problem. Why Bad, Dangerous, History(etc) songs were not been hacked ? Because Michael protect it.
When those songs leak, I suppose you was really happy so stop always critic for nothing.

The HWT Munich Project. Seriously, Munich ? Even people who're not fan of MJ know this concert.

Yeah, they know about it because the concert was shown on TV. But the concert is still commercially unreleased and unavailable for purchase.

Back