Vote for your favorite Christmas No.1

I voted because I love Earth Song but that poll is weird. There's no Christmas relation between Earth Song, Another Brick In The Wall, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hello Goodbye, etc to mention some examples. Unless they play those tracks a lot on that date.

I voted because I love Earth Song but that poll is weird. There's no Christmas relation between Earth Song, Another Brick In The Wall, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hello Goodbye, etc to mention some examples. Unless they play those tracks a lot on that date.

The poll is not about Christmas songs, but about Christmas Number Ones - which is that these song were #1 at Christmas in the UK. In the UK it's considered a special honor for a song to be #1 on the charts at Christmas. Earth Song was a Christmas #1 in 1995. Another Brick in The Wall was a Christmas #1 in 1979, Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975, Hello Goodbye in 1967.

List of UK Christmas #1s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Singles_Chart_Christmas_number_ones

In the United Kingdom, Christmas number ones are singles that are top of the UK Singles Chart in the week in which Christmas Day falls. Novelty songs, charity songs or songs with a Christmas theme have regularly been at the top of Christmas charts. Traditionally the volume of record sales in the UK peaks at Christmas,[SUP][1][/SUP] with the Christmas number one being considered especially prestigious, more so than any other time of year.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] Many of the Christmas number ones were also the best-selling song of the year.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys for voting, but i personally think the result will be tight between Michael/Elvis/The Beatles & Queen!

^I think cliff might get alot of support. At least we know rolf won't win.

Mj just missed out on another xmas no 1 in 1992, to whitney's i will always love you. His heal the world was no 2.

The xmas no 1 race is boring now with the x factor finalist practically guaranteed the top spot.

The poll is not about Christmas songs, but about Christmas Number Ones - which is that these song were #1 at Christmas in the UK. In the UK it's considered a special honor for a song to be #1 on the charts at Christmas. Earth Song was a Christmas #1 in 1995. Another Brick in The Wall was a Christmas #1 in 1979, Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975, Hello Goodbye in 1967.

List of UK Christmas #1s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Singles_Chart_Christmas_number_ones

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware. Too bad Michael had just a #1 but at least it's such a meaningful and powerful unlike the majority of those.

I voted too, hope Michael wins. Too bad we can't see the difference between them until the end of the poll.

Back