Xscape World Tour- Thoughts?

Dan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Xscape World Tour- My Thoughts

I personally, LOVED the 'Xscape' album and the 'Slave To The Rhythm' performance at the Billboard Music Awards and am all for an Xscape World Tour, you see it's one of those things that HAVE to be done right. It has to be done traditionally but fresh. It's the little things like giving Michael a hands-free microphone for some songs (Not just the fast ones) but a hand-held microphone for others (Not just the slow ones). Set list wise it would have to be a maximum of 20-23 songs and a minimum of 15-17 songs (medleys count as 1 song). The set list has to be traditional, e.g. Michael wouldn't start a concert with Billie Jean or Thriller, He would start it with Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' or Jam (Not Limited to). It MUST include the, what I call, 380s (3 80s songs): Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller.

Comment your thoughts below.

Michael Jackson Xscape World Tour- My Ideas

?Theoretically it is possible to create an acapella using live vocals or using a lot of cuts and fades, breathing sounds, etc. make a normal acapella sound live and just have a live band play to it so Michael could sing live again. If this is done, it can not be done with all the songs, because Michael did lip-sync so for some songs this should happen, but to keep it authentic, don't do it for all of them.

Smile. That's the only thing that was missing from the 'Slave To The Rhythm' performance, his smile, Michael smiled in next to every performance, because he enjoyed it, there was no enjoyment in that performance. Michael should smile in the concerts.

To keep that authentic Michael Jackson concert feel, they should do several different versions of each song, in Michael's moves and vocals (if live) and just mix them up between shows but do a show with all the same. Example:
Slave To The Rhythm 1 (STTR 1)
Slave To The Rhythm 2 (STTR 2)
Jam 1
Jam 2

Concert 1Concert 2Concert 3Concert 4
Jam 1Jam 2Jam 1Jam 2
STTR 1STTR 2STTR 2STTR 1

Concert 1 and Concert 2 will be released on DVD and/or Blu-Ray and televised since they are completely different, but Concert 3 and Concert 4 will not as some some songs will be identical to each other.

In the Billboard Music Awards performance there wasn't really a background it was just black and that kind of took away the authenticity to me so why not project a C.G. (Computer Generated) light display behind Michael, project the entire band, fog, lights, props, etc. If you have to.
Comment your ideas below.

================================================== ============
If you have any questions please comment!
================================================== ============
If you ever need/want anything from my vaults such as; Demos, Live Studio Versions, Photos (Includes Fan Made Photos), Albums (Or just songs), Information, Just ask! I will happily give any to you! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Dan~

I liked the new choreography and costumes/sets for STTR and some of the hologram but think it needs a lot of work.
But are you talking about an actual tour or a tv special for TII and Xscape?

I agree. I am thinking an actual tour like the BAD, Dangerous and HIStory tours. They can then release a couple on DVD! I would buy one :)

I think they should start with a song that would be a better opener, They Don't Really Care About Us, would be perfect full military opening. I'm thinking guns, explosions, fire. The hologram should actually look realistic, like the Tupac one, the Billboards one was sloppy and looked more like an impersonator than Michael. You have the Motion Capture from Ghosts, use it. Also it would be good if the band included Foot, he made it feel alive everytime.

No, in my opinion that should not happen. I miss Michael as much as i'm sure everyone else on this board does, and would do anything to see HIM live in concert. But a hologram, a digital image, that has no mind, no thoughts, no emotions,etc, no. I think that the Cirque shows are fantastic, and I think that's as far as it should go.

I understand and respect your comment and opinion. I'm glad you have shared it. It's interesting to see other peoples opinions. :)

I like your thinking starting with TDCAU is still traditional in the sense that it is a song that when it was performed it was performed as part of an opener (HIStory World Tour) or early on in the show (This Is It). It is fresh in the sense that it has never been the first song!

I would certainly favour a tour.....if it was done right and I would go and see it,a few people I know said the same after seeing STTR on the Billboards.
I can also understand why some would be against it but ya can't keep all of the people happy all of the time.

No, thanks.

Holograms made after impersonators cannot bring back Michael and the real thing, sorry. I also think a lot of people would find it a tasteless cash-in (and I would not disagree) so it would probably flop as well.

Back