This Is It Hologram World Tour- Thoughts?

Dan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson This Is It Hologram World Tour- My Thoughts
I am all for this to happen. BUT they MUST do it the way Michael left it. They can't change it in any way. One of the This Is It extras on the DVD revealed that the show was completed all that was left to do was rehearse. This will make it easier for it to happen.
Comment your thoughts below.

Michael Jackson This Is It Hologram World Tour- My Ideas
The only way I can see them doing this is by building a replica stage for the impersonator to use when doing the MoCap and then adding skins to it all and projecting the whole thing, L.E.D. screen, stage and everything.
Comment your ideas below.

I personally love the idea, but I think the Estate would need to improve their hologram if they do something like this. Not too crazy about the one at the Billboard Music Awards. Only reason I'd be comfortable with this, is because the show was basically finished. If the Estate had to create their own parts of the show and take liberties, no way. Michael wanted his work to live. If they can *convincingly* emulate Michael's This Is It performances with a hologram, I think it'd be a great way for new fans and those who never got to experience Michael's performances at the very least an idea of what it would be like.

I personally love the idea, but I think the Estate would need to improve their hologram if they do something like this. Not too crazy about the one at the Billboard Music Awards. Only reason I'd be comfortable with this, is because the show was basically finished. If the Estate had to create their own parts of the show and take liberties, no way. Michael wanted his work to live. If they can *convincingly* emulate Michael's This Is It performances with a hologram, I think it'd be a great way for new fans and those who never got to experience Michael's performances at the very least an idea of what it would be like.
I agree 100?

The show wasn't completed, the Lightman for an example was never....."realized"...

I mean the theory behind the show. They didn't need to keep creating because the show was created. They knew what they were doing. Which means that's easier for Pulse and Sony because they know what was going to happen.

Well, I'll be totally honest and even if they were able to improve the hologram by a billion percent, I wouldn't go.
I appreciated TII film because they cut it in a way so we could visualize the show. And I appreciated Cirque because they used Michael's image and voice.
Nothing can replace that.
He'll live forever on recordings and film and memories and I'm thankful for that.

Hologram would never work. Never...

The magic of Michael Jackson live was... Michael Jackson !!

The way he did things can never be made by a computer. - He improvised, made small ajustment during the tour. It was never the same. - We have soo many concerts, pro, amatuere and even two released on DVD. - The dance routines are the same, the songs are the same - but somehow the concerts are never the same!!! - He never did Billie Jean dance the same way. - Some times there was more energy, some times the last dance was longer etc. etc.

Very small things MJ did on stage made it magig. - The pause in WBSS - the wait before Jam. - He moves his head and people go crazy. He could throw in robot moves in a song - Earth Song, WBSS, BJ, HN etc. but he would not do so every time.

All these things would make a hologram tour sad to watch. - cause it would always be the same. - No need to go to a hologram concert twice - cause it would be the same.

BUT and most importantly - it was not MJ who recorded the hologram dance. - so either it would hvae to be all made on a computer or it would be an impersonator. - And either way it would never ever come even close to the flawless magic only MJ could create. - So it would not be very intresting for me to see a hologram tour. - That should only be to se how This Is It would have been. - 1 full concert. But I would rather Travis Payne or some other played MJ and went through the concert so we could see how the 4D thing would work, - those puppets in the crowd and 3D screens. The spider in Thriller, the bed in DD. - How would MJ come on screen to SC after the video. - how would MJ enter the stage for each song really. - we never saw that. - Should he enter the stage like HIStory tour for BJ with the chair and bag? - Apparently he should rise up throug floor to the J5 medley.

But hologram - No thanks.

As someone who had a ticket to his show in London, I would never want to see a hologram over the real thing. Even watching the TTI movie bummed me out because it was a small visual realization of the dream I would never experience. Sadly, I (like most people) have to make do with what he himself left behind and be thankful for it.

No. Just no.

They can't replicate Michael. They could get the best impersonator, the best team of digital effects supervisors, the highest budget possible for a world tour of any kind, and they would still only capture maybe 1/10 of the magic Michael Jackson brought to the stage.

prefer reall Michael.And i believe it is to early for technology to make a better result and a reallistic hologram.in 10 years maybe

I don't think it should be done cuz Michael left it unfinished and I don't think Michael would want this done imo

We all can prefer whatever we want … but IMHO that is what Michael would really want to happen after about 100 years from his death.

I hope in a long run his children’s children and his fans won’t fail him and will be wise enough to give his legacy as much attention, care and innovations as he deserves!!!

Sometimes I think that the most “successful” time for his legacy is now … with fans who knew and saw him, with producers and other people who worked with him – we still can express our dedication for the man so whole world could see his magic in all glory. It makes me sad that this time is wasted on boycotts and fighting...

NO WAY :blink: :shutup:

I mean okay, in another thread I said 'okay, if they could use a BETTER impersonator but ONLY for an Award show and that is what? 5 minutes or so...

A World tour now? Nah, that is pure $$$ in my eyes. :unsure:

Okay, the legacy should continue but not like this...
I would NEVER go to a show like that. That is really :shutup: and :eek:

I'm sure there is enough REAL footage and demo's to last another life time so WHY 'bleep' it all up with this :shutup: idea.

just my :2cents: here...

The very mention of doing a Michael Jackson hologram tour should be illegal. The whole Billboard Music Awards was a flipping joke. One of thee dumbest things Sony & The estate has ever done. It's up there with the whole Cascio fiasco.

No way in hell should a hologram tour happen......EVER!

I must be the only one, but the only things I really appreciated about the hologram was the set, his costume, and the new choreography.
I loved the costume and the choreography because they were reminiscent of Michael but definitely not exact replicas. I found that very respectful too.
I still think the face needs another 20 yrs of work. Even if they do make it perfect, I'd never go see a tour with it. Ever.
Just bring back his tours on film.

Back