[VOTE] MJ Hologram- Yes or No?

IMPROVED MJ Hologram- Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Proud Member
If Sony and Pulse were to improve the Michael hologram to the extent of hiring a new impersonator to do the MoCap would you agree to having it perform at award shows and do concerts?

Absolutely not. The Valentino performance was already one too many imo.

If this keeps his legacy up. I'll vote yes! The hologram won't be the same as the King but that's okay. MJ is irreplaceable.

But what's up with the hologram lately? Everybody's talking about it here on the forum...?

Enough is enough of the tacky stuff and impersonators. So no.

No way. It was terrible and creepy. There is only one Michael Jackson. If it's not real don't even think about it. I was actually embarrassed when that was on. Better question how the hell can they give us a hologram and not a real HQ concert release?

The thing that was used to perform Slave to the Rythm wasn't a real hologram and it looks 2D. If for some reason they want to make a hologram they should just use real footage like around 0:45:

For the time being - and how good/bad thecnology is at this moment - no thanks!

It would not work. - And if they ever do so they should take MJ from one of his live concerts and make it out of that.

No impersonator - or computer genius - can recreate the dance and magic.

So if they ever make a MJ hologram they should make it out of MJ.

Not with a new impersonator, no. There's only one Michael. No one can capture that essence. If a computer program was able to do it then maybe, but I doubt that will ever be possible.

If they can create an actual hologram, and not just peppers ghost then yes! It would be pretty cool if they were to discover a full high resolution show with a front view camera angle! if that isn't possible then at least they should CG Michael's face from past performances, of song's he actual performed so the hologram could look like Michael! and then they'd just have to perfect the movement/choreography.

If this keeps his legacy up. I'll vote yes! The hologram won't be the same as the King but that's okay. MJ is irreplaceable.

But what's up with the hologram lately? Everybody's talking about it here on the forum...?

Yes!

I agree ...if this keeps his legacy alive then this is better than nothing ;)

If Sony and Pulse were to improve the Michael hologram to the extent of hiring a new impersonator to do the MoCap would you agree to having it perform at award shows and do concerts?

Yes if it's Michael and no impersonator. If they can't make it perfect then scrap the idea.

Not only that but as far as I know an impersonator WAS used for the Tupac hologram as well.

His body perhaps, but his face was CG'd from a performance that was filmed in the 90's...

Doesn't matter. An impersonator WAS used. It wasn't all Tupac.

Yet, for Michael's pepper's ghost.. it was all computer generated, no impersonator was used in the process. Choreographers who worked with Michael in the past had to track the movement, and style the performance to what they think would work.

Yet, for Michael's pepper's ghost.. it was all computer generated, no impersonator was used in the process. Choreographers who worked with Michael in the past had to track the movement, and style the performance to what they think would work.

Whatever method was used, at the end the MJ hologram and its movement looked like an impersonator and not like MJ.

The "hologram" was mostly real:
michael-jackson-billboard-music-awards-2014.gif

Gif from Dan's signature

Of course not the head. Body is from impersonator. The clothes are too real looking to be CGI.

The "hologram" was mostly real:
michael-jackson-billboard-music-awards-2014.gif

Gif from Dan's signature

Of course not the head. Body is from impersonator. The clothes are too real looking to be CGI.

You know it's a lot easier to create clothing rather than people's facial structure right?

If the technology were able to create a hologram out of real MJ footage, I'd agree but not replace the real deal in a world tour for example probably special performances. Biut they want to use that horrid creation we saw in the Billboard Awards, no thank you.

Back