Resolute Forest Products shutting down paper mill

I find this incredibly sad. It's like the steel mills in Gary or my own bank that I worked for 33 yrs and went belly up overnight. Or countless other businesses here that have disappeared due to greed of stock holders, executives, politicians.
Don't understand it. No one seems to understand 'we all do well when we all do well' anymore. Or the phrase 'you can't take it with you.'

I find this incredibly sad. It's like the steel mills in Gary or my own bank that I worked for 33 yrs and went belly up overnight. Or countless other businesses here that have disappeared due to greed of stock holders, executives, politicians.
Don't understand it. No one seems to understand 'we all do well when we all do well' anymore. Or the phrase 'you can't take it with you.'

It is, the mill has been in our town for a century, back then it was called "Abitibi Pulp and Paper Co. Ltd", it was successful for years until about a century has passed the economy went bad. Months before the mill was shut down the Abitibi Trestle Bridge was closed because the CEO of R.F.P. and the our now former mayor didn't have enough $$$ to repair the bridge and that upsets the whole town because some of them has cottages on the other side of the bridge where it takes about 15-30 minutes and they have to take a longer route in Cochrane and that's where to get the wood from. My uncle used to work at the mill and I think he's retired now and my dad works there for a short time as an R.N. before he works at a gold mine outside Matheson. I have a feeling the whole community won't get over this anytime soon.

The Abitibi Pulp & Paper mill (1930's)
Abitibi_Power_and_Paper_Company_-_Iroquois_Falls%2C_Ontario%2C_Canada_%281930%29_%28b%29.jpg

Resolute Forest Products mill (Today)
1297373609961_ORIGINAL.jpg

Back