Teddy Riley maybe on new Estate's project?

VictorMacBernik

Proud Member
This is all I can show you. It's over 700 tapes that we are going through. I hope to fine the right song, so you all can hear the true brilliant voice of the greatest entertainer of all times singing Blackstreet "Joy". He sung the song first. In peace my big brother...MJ

http://instagram.com/p/wFWydXGHg9/?modal=true

504265100041631579603778925478579606510n.jpg

He cant just put up for sale on itunes can he? we would he be trying to find it now when a new album is years away? or is he putting it online for free?

I think it's possibly early production for 'Dangerous 25'

He cant just put up for sale on itunes can he? we would he be trying to find it now when a new album is years away? or is he putting it online for free?

Nope. He'd need permission from the Michael Jackson Estate. Since it's from the Dangerous sessions, like Zakk said it could be for Dangerous 25. You can imagine that the Estate would want to get things in order relatively early so that they have time to prepare the release as best as possible... but of course everything is speculation at this point.

And no way in hell would he (or any professional really) put up an unreleased Michael Jackson song for free :p

Nope. He'd need permission from the Michael Jackson Estate. Since it's from the Dangerous sessions, like Zakk said it could be for Dangerous 25. You can imagine that the Estate would want to get things in order relatively early so that they have time to prepare the release as best as possible... but of course everything is speculation at this point.

And no way in hell would he (or any professional really) put up an unreleased Michael Jackson song for free :p

I hope they are scanning each cartridge/reel in the archive to ensure that they either do have enough material for a DWT HD release or they do not, 2 years is plenty of time! it only takes 6 month's to scan/restore a 2 hour 16/35mm project

It could, of course, always been for a project next year...

It could, of course, always been for a project next year...

He's currently creating a documentary, so i assume he feels that this is the right time to digitize his archive.. 'Dangerous 25' seems most likely, he probably was asked to hand it over by the estate.

Looks like master copies of the Jam footage. Hopefully we get some real high quality stuff!

Looks like master copies of the Jam footage. Hopefully we get some real high quality stuff!

Slave reel is an audio archiving format consisting of Multitrack recording's.

This is really exciting! I love everything Michael and Teddy created. I imagine whatever comes out of this will be perfection as usual, even if it is just updated versions of already released material.

So going by the recent activities there's a OTW anniversary next year and a Dangerous anniversary the year after that?

Last edited:
So going by the recent activities there's a OTW anniversary next year and a Dangerous anniversary the year after that?..

Hope so, let's wish that their are two straight years of High Def releases! 6/7 years after Michael's passing is definitely enough time to have everything in the archive sorted by now!

So going by the recent activities there's a OTW anniversary next year and a Dangerous anniversary the year after that?

Spike Lee from what I understand is working on a documentary for OTW so that may come out next year which would be 36 years since OTW release. And 2016 would be Dangerous 25th anniversary so that would be a good time to release a Dangerous project. Let's hope so. And if I were the state/sony I would release them in the fourth quarter for Xmas giving provided they are not up against current stars. We will see.

And 2016 would be Dangerous 25th anniversary so that would be a good time to release a Dangerous project.

Can I just say that reading this makes me feel old. Haha. Dangerous was my introduction to MJ (I was 4 when it was released) but that was the album of my 90's childhood that gives me crazy memory feels. To think it's coming up on it's 25th anniversary when I'm only 27 blows my mind.

I don't know how to start a new post. Jackson Estate re-uped with BMI.

I used to respect Teddy a lot but after the 'Michael' ordeal... I just can't anymore. He's equally as scuzzy as the cascios in my book. Actually speaking of books, was Teddy not supposed to write a book telling us exactly what happen with the casio songs?
Back on topic, im still excited... anything new Michael is excellent.

There is no confirmation that Joy the song is going to be released next year. Teddy Riley's Instagram post confirmed that he was still looking for it and he was going to find a medium to release it.

Why would he release a Dangerous song at the same time as an Off the Wall documentary? Particularly a full year before we anticipate the Estate is going to release Dangerous 25?

Back