[Youtube] Billie Jean outtakes

This is why their needs to be a Blu-Ray release of the short films, featuring outtakes & behind the scenes! Billie Jean was shot in 16mm which has 1800+ lines :wild:

Imagine what else their could be from the outtakes..

Wow! Fantastic. They need to find a way to release stuff like this!

I embed it:

Always cool to see unreleased material...especially outtakes from his classic stuff. Thank you!

Wonderful! I love it when footage like this shows up. I agree with the others when they say there ought to be more making of footage from the other short films.

Not sure if it goes in this thread but I found this excerpt from the Video Killed The Radio Stars program when Steve Barron talked about how he came with the concept for Billie Jean, how the steps were lit manually, MTV's racist policy towards black artists, etc. Wayne Isham really did a bad impersonation of Michael but his anecdote was funny.

I may be overreacting but I found so disrespectful MTV/VH1 didn't dedicate that show to Michael first. He made MTV what it was in the 80s and 90s and gave them that fame he had in those decades.

Last edited:
Michael Jackson Billie Jean Outtakes

I am not sure if any of this is new but its nice footage from Billie Jean

Re: Michael Jackson Billie Jean Outtakes

Several threads already.

Re: Michael Jackson Billie Jean Outtakes

Where? I must have missed them.

Incredible footage. Thanks for posting.

So I have a question about the Billie Jean video that I bet somebody on this forum knows.

I think what Michael wears here is absolutely brilliant. He takes his young man coming of age decked out in tuxedo from Off The Wall and goes a bit edgier, flashier.
Now the tuxedo is made of leather, and he's wearing a more than cool pink shirt and red bow tie. A brilliant transition to move to the next level cinematically as well as sonically.

So my question is who designed this outfit. Was this something Michael owned? Was it his idea?? I've never seen it on him before or after. (Unlike the shirt he wears in Motown 25)
I've wondered about this for what?more than 30 years??

They already released Vision Box Set. I think a 'Making Of Vision' with a compilation of the videos's making of would be great.

Back