Sky Arts 1 shows MJ Immortal world tour on 25th December

Bubs

Proud Member
Cirque Du Soleil
Next on: Sky Arts 1 HD Thu 25 Dec, 6:00pm
Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour

We've got a special treat for Christmas Day as we bring together the King of Pop and Cirque du Soleil.

Be amazed as the free-runners, gymnasts and acrobats perform a host of gravity-defying stunts to the sound of Michael Jackson's unforgettable music and lyrics.

The Immortal World Tour began in Montreal back in October 2011. During the course of the next 36 months it visited 141 cities across the globe taking in 27 countries and raked in $371m putting it at number seven in the highest grossing tours of all-time.

For the record, U2's 360 Tour tops that particular chart.

In this preview clip you can enjoy a spectacular reinterpretation of Jackson's Thriller.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/cirque/video/michael-jackson

:wild::woohoo::clapping:

^^ the full concert will be shown. I am not excited about this at all. Blah.

What does this mean?

It means that people who has Sky arts channel (UK & Ireland?) can see Immortal on telly. I believe if Immortal show is sold to Sky Arts, it is sold to other countries and channels too, so you can expect it to be shown in your country sometime soon. :clapping:

hope so. bugger. the only downside of moving to spain!

it looks like it's a documentary, that was shown at ARTE HD

Just looked on sky planner its on for two hours !! Loved this show in Manchester !

I hope they show it in the US. I saw it in person but prob missed a lot. My favorite was the swans sky dance to "I just can't stop loving you."That means a DVD for sure then.

wasnt there a french documentary that was 2 hours? either way ill be taping and watching. such a surreal experience in the o2. so bitter sweet

wasnt there a french documentary that was 2 hours?

I believe so. I remember stumbling upon it randomly on PirateBay and then not watching it because I couldn't understand anything and it didn't have subtitles. Haha.

I hope they show it in the US. I saw it in person but prob missed a lot.

I saw it when it came to Vancouver, but I wish I had gone to both shows. It was pretty expensive if I recall though, and Janet came to town for an intimate and interactive show a couple months later, so I'm glad I saved my pennies and got to go to both.

It's never aired in the US (at all).

The full version is 2 hours (with commercials) and has never been aired in English.

The only English version to air (which can be found in YT I believe) is only about 40 mins long.

So... I hope this is the full version in English!! :D

It means that people who has Sky arts channel (UK & Ireland?) can see Immortal on telly. I believe if Immortal show is sold to Sky Arts, it is sold to other countries and channels too, so you can expect it to be shown in your country sometime soon. :clapping:

Hope it will be released here and thanks for explaining.

I was thinking this was the "making of" documentary that's been aired for some time now...

But could this be the actual full show itself??

OMG I hope it is!!!

I was thinking this was the "making of" documentary that's been aired for some time now...

But could this be the actual full show itself??

OMG I hope it is!!!

Yes it will be the show itself,the synopsis states:New.Cirque De Soleil's free-runners,gymnast and acrobats perform a host of gravity-defying stunts to the sound of Michael Jackson's unforgettable music and lyrics.

This is worse than the hologram to be quite honest, what's so difficult about transferring the film reels for the BAD & Dangerous Tours? film negatives are worked on every day. That preview of the 'Thriller' performance is extremely tacky, their dancing is horrendous. Nice special effects though.

This is worse than the hologram to be quite honest, what's so difficult about transferring the film reels for the BAD & Dangerous Tours? film negatives are worked on every day. That preview of the 'Thriller' performance is extremely tacky, their dancing is horrendous. Nice special effects though.

tumblr_mya5ob5fxy1s3979jo1_250.gif

Maybe this Immortal thingy is not for you as seemingly what Cirque does is lost on you:D

I can get this channel in Turkey, so that's part of Christmas day booked up for me.

Yeah I've just went tho the sky listing and saw it was on at 6pm so I pressed record seeming as I'm working xmas day.

This will be the documentary, not the full show I imagine.

Darn. Why didn't any US networks buy the show?? They only show football or basketball here all day long on every channel.
Boo hoo.

you guys in England are so luckily I'm so jealous

you guys in England are so luckily I'm so jealous

Nope, i'd say those who lived in Los Angeles are the most fortunate! or perhaps, the people who met Michael on several occasions? A tribute show which will probably be released on DVD is a waste of time and something no one should be jealous of

Some people liked it but if its not for you then thats ok I've got my planner set and will be buying any future dvd or blu ray release.

Some people liked it but if its not for you then thats ok I've got my planner set and will be buying any future dvd or blu ray release.

Ditto. Was an amazing show and an even better experience. Cant wait to see it in english. I speak french and saw the french doc and it was brilliant, but I'm not exactly fluent.

Certainly looks like the full concert. I'll record it and watch it on the 26th when I'm hungover :)

Back