Madonna - Rebel Heart

OnirMJ

Proud Member
First 13 unfinished tracks leaked, then quickly 6 of the final versions got released on iTunes. The album's release date is March 10, 2015. So that it more than 3 months earlier! - I think that it has to be some kind of leak record.

I really hated some of the Diplo produced techno/EDM Rihanna-style songs especially the one with Nicki Minaj ("Bitch I'm Madonna"). The first single "Living for Love" also produced by Diplo is not that bad, I actually think it's good. "Illuminati" produced by Kanye West is absolute trash in my opinion, unlistenable. I liked "Devil Pray" produced by Avicii the most. "Ghosttown" is nice too.

Comments, thoughts, impressions...

gotta agree, "bitch iam madonna" and "illuminati" are rather bad.
i like the rest of the songs, living for love is great and devil pray too.

poor madonna lol, her songs got leaked quite frequently since 2008 (hard candy) and also 2012 (mdna).
either early versions, or songs which didnt make the cut. some outtakes from 2008 are quite nice imo.

i will surely check for her new album when its out, it will have 19 tracks overall.

Great news although the comments above are worrying. But then I normally love the madonna stuff no one else likes like American Life (her best album) and MDNA.

Her latest stuff tends to be growers rather than instantly likeable like her 80s stuff.

Can't wait to listen tomorrow.

I'm not a big fan of Madonna but Devil Pray, Living for Love & Ghosttown are pretty good songs. I love the Avicii influence on Devil Pray.

On first listen, Ghosttown & Rebel Heart are really good, especially the latter.

The other 3 I'm not sold on yet, especially 'Bitch, I'm Madonna'.

I was hoping for a more laidback, stripped down album after some very dancy ones. We'll see what the rest of the album brings I guess.

I used to enjoy a lot Madonna's albums. For some reason, her music lost quality. It seems she either lost inspiration or is trying too hard to fit in the market. Her early albums are fantastic. Her last great album, imo was Ray of Light.

And as some of you I hate the collaboration with Rap singers. Just crap.

Living For Love is soooo good.
Radio needs to stop sleeping on this track.
But whatever. She still fills stadiums and arenas.

Also, slightly unrelated, but Bjork just came out with a new album...2 months early!
She announced a new album not too long ago, but it was then leaked. She decided to put it out right away, which kinda sucks because she had a whole promo system set up to coincide with some live shows.

Madonna had to quickly put out these tracks and tracklisting, etc. real quick.

This has been my favorite Madonna album in a long time. I really enjoyed Rebel Heart.

^ Me too. Much more that I thought I would after the first 5 tracks were released.

Highlights are:
Rebel Heart
Ghost Town
Body Shop
Living For Love
Devil Pray

^^Giving your highlights a listen now. Living For Love is a good opener, liked this one at the time.

Edit] Ah man, Ghosttown is brilliant. This should have been much bigger.

Back