Gospel great Andraé Crouch Passes Away [Updated 01/08/15]

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/01/05/andrae-crouch-hospitalized/21281909/

Legendary gospel singer Andraé Crouch has reportedly suffered a major heart attack and is now on life support. The last update on the singer's Facebook page came approximately two hours ago as his team posted – “We continue to pray ...

MelanieLuvsXSCAPE @Mellie4Justice ·
Prayers UP!!!! Friend of MJ and singer on many of Mj's songs ....: Get well soon Andre Crouch Urgent… http://instagram.com/p/xed1mfnjtT/

[video=youtube;ljpl0neGk2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpl0neGk2Q[/video]

I hope he gets well. He was always good to and supportive of Michael.

Oh, I am so sorry to read this. I thought he was getting better. I'm praying for him to get well and soon.
He is definitely one of the good guys in Michael's life.

I just heard and this just makes me so sad. Rest in Peace-I am so sorry, but your legacy and your achievements will live on forever.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/andrae-crouch-legendary-gospel-figure-dies-at-72-107561676301.html

b32ee8f329265b754188992ceb062bfe9c1ec28c.jpg

Last edited:
Here is Andrae singing his "Soon and Very Soon"-also played at the beginning of Michael's memorial. Just really sad-a great guy.

[video=youtube;lmGiu9JfbIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGiu9JfbIs[/video]

Were there any photos of him with Michael Jackson?

My condolences to his family! Rest in peace!
Thank you for the music!

mkgenie;4068022 said:
Were there any photos of him with Michael Jackson?
I have been looking, but couldn't locate any yet. I ran across an article where he talked about Michael "hiding" in the studio during "Man In the Mirror" because he was shy around the choir.
I know they performed behind him in the Grammy's, but not sure if Andrae was on the stage or not.

barbee0715;4068025 said:
I have been looking, but couldn't locate any yet. I ran across an article where he talked about Michael "hiding" in the studio during "Man In the Mirror" because he was shy around the choir.
I know they performed behind him in the Grammy's, but not sure if Andrae was on the stage or not.

found one

134555az2ikql5k5hggxgx.jpg

Rest in peace. there was nothing like the stiring sound of his choir behind mike

Rest In Peace Andrae Crouch. Your legend will never die in the World of Michael Jackson.

R.I.P. Andre Crouch

I would like to thank you for being part of my favourite track "Man In The Mirror". You were awesome and I hope you can see Michael again in heavan now.

Legendary musician Andrae Crouch passed away on Thursday 8th Jan, at the age of 72.

andrae-crouch.jpg

Crouch had worked with the likes of Madonna, Diana Ross and Elvis Presley, but Michael Jackson fans will remember him for his additions to Man in the Mirror , Will You Be There, Keep the Faith and Earth Song. Crouch also provided vocals on the Invincible album.

Bad_25_film_posterIn 2012, Crouch was interviewed by Spike Lee as part of the Bad25 Documentary. He shared memories of how on conclusion of the recording of Man in the Mirror, everybody agreed something was missing. The choir where quickly called back to the studio to add the additional word “Change” which provided a beautiful ending to a powerful song before Michael finishes with; “Make that change”.

The Andrae Crouch Singers featured on Will You Be There‘s stunning introduction and Keep the Faith’s powerful conclusion, which; along with his sister Sandra, Crouch organised the choir arrangements. The results were highly praised and so it’s no surprise that Michael knew to bring Crouch back for Earth Song.

Andrae and Sandra also confirmed they visit Michael in the two months prior to his death. Once at the recording studio where they prayed together and according to Crouch, Michael hand him a CD with 2 new songs he’d been working on (that remain unreleased) and said “Andrae, I trust you with this!”

Also notably, Crouch provided choir arrangements for Madonna’s major hit Like A Prayer which reached number 1 all over the world and achieved platinum status in the U.S.

In 2004, Crouch received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work in the field of Gospel music. Through-out his career, Crouch released 9 solo albums with 1984′s No time to lose reaching number 1 on the US gospel charts.

Source : Pez Greaves for MJVibe.com

Joe Vogel @JoeVogel1 ·

RIP Andrae Crouch. You were part of some of the most sublime moments in Michael Jackson's catalog. #EarthSong #ManintheMirror #KeeptheFaith

Rodney Jerkins @RodneyJerkins ·

Andre Crouch U blessed so many people with that extraordinary gift! So many great songs!!! U changed gospel music! U will be missed! #RIP

His work on the Dangerous album and Man in the Mirror were a big part of my youth. What a phenomenal life and career. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

Four of the songs he enhanced are in my Top 5 of all time, 'Earth Song', 'Man In The Mirror', 'Like A Prayer', 'Will You Be There'.

Four of the songs he enhanced are in my Top 5 of all time, 'Earth Song', 'Man In The Mirror', 'Like A Prayer', 'Will You Be There'.

I'm not a Madonna fan, but Like A Prayer is definitely my fave Madonna song and it has a lot to do with the choir.

So sad to hear, rest in peace Andraé Crouch! :(

I used to be a fan of hers in my childhood and early teens but not anymore. Without a doubt Andraé and the gospel choir made Like A Prayer one of the most emotional Madonna's songs.

Earth Song and Will You Be There are my favorite Michael/Andraé Crouch collaborations. Did he and his choir sing by chance in On The Line? The gospel part is sublime as well.

Sad to hear this news, thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.

RIP Andre Crouch

Words from Michael Beardon about MJ and Andrae Crouch

10805619_10152712550273867_4410235608527900700_n.jpg

So sad to hear about the passing of musical giant Andre Crouch! When MJ passed, we asked Andre if he would participate in the memorial. Andre did not even hesitate. He just asked, what do you need me to do? MJ and I were planning on using Andre and his famous family of singers for some of the shows in London. He had already used them on many of his records. MJ LOVED Andre Crouch! Trust me when I tell you this. I always had an amazing time being around Andre. I actually have a recording somewhere of what Andre was playing in this photo. If I can find it, maybe i'll share it. This was at the sound check for the memorial. We had no time to really rehearse. I had the task of keeping it together for all involved. And, we had to represent for the billions around the world that would see this. It was one of the most difficult events for me and all of us involved. Andre was a huge source of comfort for all of us just by his presence. He will be missed.

But, his legend is secure. R.I.P. Say hello to MJ for me! M~

Michael Bearden's Fan Page

andraecrouchyn6rct0ohj.jpg

Andrae Crouch, Sandra Crouch, Shannon Brown Harley and Michael

SIEDAH GARRETT @SIEDAHGARRETT
10923546_1056292927718909_3287014512094605132_n.jpg

My deep condolences to the Crouch family on their loss. Thank you, Andrae, especially for the magic you brought to “Man In The Mirror”. RIP

I am so saddened to have heard about the passing of Andraé Crouch. His contributions to the music world will never be forgotten.

Back