Thread: The Soul connection

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,478 Posts

Lightbulb The Soul connection

I've written this 'reflection' here...

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog/our-soul-connection

I would love to get some 'reflections' to this 'topic' here too and that's why I started this thread

What is it that draws you to here? What is it that draws you to Michael?

Is it the feeling of being HOME here? Knowing you can always count on someone here that understands the whole of you?

To me, its the soul connection. A place that feels like HOME!

Please discuss...

P.S. NO, this is NOT a vent thread. Just a nice and positive thread
    Last edited by Daryll748; 22-01-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: updated the link

MJJC Resident Writer
    www.mjjcommunity.com/blog

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: The Soul connection

Nice post Daz!

I can't really name what it was/is, I've just always been drawn to him. Maybe part of me felt that I understood part of him? I dunno, but the pull in me towards him has been there since I was a small, small child.
    "I'm so proud to say I love you..." <3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurdyYungThang84 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Re: The Soul connection

Thanks for your reply, Purdy!

Oh, that post will soon be up again

Edit: NEW link is updated
    Last edited by Daryll748; 22-01-2015 at 05:04 PM.

MJJC Resident Writer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 770 Posts

This is something I've considered for a long time, being a fan since 1983. And like Purdy, "I can't really name what it was/is, I've just always been drawn to him." I've always loved his gentleness and sense of humor, two main things I saw clearly during the '84 Grammys. He was such a good person. I can't find the proper words to describe his effect on me, really.

I once had a thousand desires, but in my one desire to know you, all else melted away.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dewey For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,723 Posts

I visited Madame Tussaud in London 2009 and I recognised David Beckham the footballplayer at once and his wife.I didn´t know then that she had been a part of the famous group Spice girls.
    I used to listen most to sportradio when I grow up, they played music there too in the breaks but they didn´t tell who was singing.
    It happened I went to a concert but not often, if I heard about artists were going to tour I was usully not interested.I´m still not that interested.

I don´t know what happened to me wnen Michael announced This Is It.I didn´t have plans to go to the concerts but I was so happy he was back.
    I tried to learn more about it but I wasn´t good at searching then, I did see a picture of Michael in wheelchair from 2008 and I was like ok he can do slower songs where he doesn´t have to dance so hard.
    Perhaps it was in my subconscious I somehow thought he was treated wrong-I had seen that Bashir thing and I knew about the trial but I don´t remember reading about it, I was very busy at that time.

I never thought I would join a fanforum for example I have always loved ABBA and their music but I have never been interested in to join one fanforum.

I came here because I wanted to know what happened to Michael and I take some help from a line from an ABBAsong to answer why I still come here ; to fill the hole in my soul.

I can answer what draws me to Michael with Dancing the dream...heal the world
    "How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson
    "Love no violence ever, remember a beautiful future promise of tomorrow "MJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTmfFTAUiAE
    stop the killing of pets. Save lifes,spay and neuter your pets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsgJ...cvloPsmq1YvNRg
    Adopt from an animalshelter

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MIST For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: The Soul connection

... To fill the hole in my soul...
    WOW That is one beautiful quote to describe why you are here.
    Thanks so much Mist

MJJC Resident Writer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsOverdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,383 Posts

I do agree... this is a beautiful thread

Some of you know my story already as I've discussed it in my blog, but long story short for those who haven't read it- I have liked Michael since I was little girl as well. The first time I really noticed him I was about 9 or 10, and saw the video for 'Will You Be There' at the beginning of Free WIlly. I loved the song and developed a crush on him in the process But I didn't continue listening to him very much after that because, well, to be perfectly honest, my dad is racist and simply would not have allowed it :-(

Then, last February (2014) I injured myself and while on bed-rest, I watched This Is It. As I watched I started thinking of all these questions... and that's where/how MJJC came into play. While I recognize it now, at the time I did not understand what was going on... I just felt this "connection" to him. So I turned to the internet to see if any other fans felt the same way I did, or if maybe I was just crazy Also there were some questions about him/his life that I had and thought other fans would be able to help. Initially I joined the mj.com forum, but since Sony didn't bother to keep up with it, that's when I found MJJC. Daz and Karin welcomed me with open arms and the rest is history

I stay with MJJC because it feels like home- it really does. Everyone here has been so wonderful, and the opportunities that Gary has granted me since bringing me on staff have helped me to grow more in the past year than in that previous 29 years of my life It hasn't always been easy, bvut when you put your heart and soul into something, there's no stepping away just because things get tough.

Anyway, I think I'm getting off-topic
    With L.O.V.E.;
    Jenn ("Spyce") - MJJC News, Events & Promotions

"I've been an artist most of my life and I've never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don’t do that."
    "A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life."
    “Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it, I know I will live forever.”

Connect: MJJC NOW
    Follow MJJC on: Facebook // Twitter
    My site: http://www.mjyouaremylife.com
    Add/Follow Me: Facebook // Twitter // My MJ board on Pinterest

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyce For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,088 Posts

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Times; panose-1:2 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Wingdings 3"; panose-1:5 4 1 2 1 8 7 7 7 7; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Times; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-bidi-font-family:"Wingdings 3";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Times; mso-ascii-font-family:Times; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Times; mso-bidi-font-family:"Wingdings 3";} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> I’m drawn here because I don’t know anyone in my inner circle, family and friends, who don’t understand the draw this man has had on me and others. They aren’t rude just not interested in him at as deep a level. This site allows me to connect with others without having to explain anything about how I feel or why I feel about Michael Jackson the way I do.

As for Michael himself, I’m not sure why he grabbed hold of me as deeply as he did when he did. But in trying to find out more about who he was as a person, beyond just the artist, I discovered a rare and unique human being who wasn’t afraid to take his gifts to the highest level he could reach and with such commitment and sacrifice. And to continue that in spite of such high obstacles thrown in his way, amazes and fascinates me. He wasn’t afraid to be unique and live his life in the way he truly felt he should live it. That takes a huge amount of courage as most of us, I think, just try to fit in and adapt as best we can.

He was blessed, or cursed I think sometimes, with a personal and sexual magnetism that was off the scale and that’s still felt today and I don’t think will ever fade. He truly was one of a kind.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
    -MJ

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face Re: The Soul connection

Thanks for the nice replies

Indeed, MJJC is a place where I belong cause it simply has the HOME feeling I felt whenever I was in Michael's presence during parties and concerts.

Since there are no parties or concerts anymore This is a good spot to savour the good ole feel of yesterday The Bliss we once felt is still 'alive' here with people who understand the feeling.

MJJC Resident Writer

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsOverdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,383 Posts

I have a question I've been pondering a lot over the past year... is it possible for there to be a "soul connection" with somebody you never spoke to, never met, never knew- and conversely, the other person never even knew you existed- and that person has passed on? I mean, you hear people all the time say they "connect" with friends and family members who have passed on, and that makes sense that that connection would be there and be open because the two people knew each other. But what if two people never knew each other, and one has passed on? Is it still possible, does anybody think, for those two souls to somehow "meet" and make a "connection"?
    With L.O.V.E.;
    Jenn ("Spyce") - MJJC News, Events & Promotions

"I've been an artist most of my life and I've never attacked a fellow artist. Great artists don’t do that."
    "A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the dance of life."
    “Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it, I know I will live forever.”

Connect: MJJC NOW
    Follow MJJC on: Facebook // Twitter
    My site: http://www.mjyouaremylife.com
    Add/Follow Me: Facebook // Twitter // My MJ board on Pinterest

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyce For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: The Soul connection

Quote Originally Posted by Spyce View Post
    I have a question I've been pondering a lot over the past year... is it possible for there to be a "soul connection" with somebody you never spoke to, never met, never knew- and conversely, the other person never even knew you existed- and that person has passed on? I mean, you hear people all the time say they "connect" with friends and family members who have passed on, and that makes sense that that connection would be there and be open because the two people knew each other. But what if two people never knew each other, and one has passed on? Is it still possible, does anybody think, for those two souls to somehow "meet" and make a "connection"?
    What a beautiful thing to ponder about

First BOLD question makes me wonder too often 'even' with people I meet for the first time, I feel a connection. I feel I've met them before but not in this 'life time'

As for people that passed on already, indeed a connection can be found as we are merely souls having a human experience. I read once that we all belong to a 'soul group' that of course reincarnates here on earth and somehow we find each other again and so I believe that MJ and we as 'fans' belong to the same 'soul group'. I hope that explains the 'connection' we feel with Michael and the same connection we feel among each other.

When I meet someone just on the street or in a store, I can feel if that person is a 'fan' or not. Stange, huh!
    I experienced it already so many times, I just know we're connected

In the second BOLD question, do you mean just the mere connection of loving someone like Michael you never met but do feel a connected too?

Or do you mean, a connection on a 'spiritual' level?

I know, this is tough to grasp the conception or the realization that we as humans can have a spiritual connection with someone we never met in this lifetime. It's really plausible or credible to have one.

That is exaclty how I 'healed' my grief. I needed to say goodbye to Michael to make life here on earth more bearable I would say so I occasionally 'met' him on the 'spiritual' plane with the promise that if I get 'down and out' I can always visit him there Been awhile now though.

Awesome questions!

MJJC Resident Writer