Announcement FROM MJJC

MJJCommunity

Staff
Good evening everybody. Earlier this evening MJJC fell prey to a vicious attack on our servers. Fortunately the forum was saved, unfortunately we cannot say the same for the main mjjcommunity.com website. We are currently looking into the situation and attempting to restore everything we possibly can, as quickly as we can possibly do it.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused some of you. We will post new updates as necessary.

Thank you.

Update 01/21/15, 1:28PM: If you or somebody you know experiences any issues using any part of MJJC, be it here on the forum or the main part of the website, please report your problems to us in this thread. We will keep a log going of all known issues and work to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Current known problems:

- Some graphics are missing- the MJFam NOW banner, a few icons on the main forum page next to forum names, Club Member badge (it has been reverted back to the old badge and not the new animated one)

- Missing pages from the main MJJC site- this is due to the fact that the only back-up we have is from June, so any updates made to the site after June were lost. So the Radio and chat as well as the brand new site design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to sounds like a conspiracy nut but does anyone else suspect a hater (maybe from mjfacts) could have done this? I don't really see why a person interested in attacking servers would target an MJ forum or site, there are bigger fish to fry than this. Maybe I'm just over-thinking. I hope I am.

What exactly happened?

Oh I'm sorry to hear this. I can't understand the psychotic mind that finds pleasure in such actions.

We we're hacked by an activist wanting to display a message about something going on in their country, I could not understand it as it was not in English.

In all my time I have never experienced a hack to this magnitude where they literately deleted every single file and folder on the server. luckily I have a back up however it was not a new one as the new ones were deleted to.

6 months of web development updates and additions are all gone, I will be over the coming week working to rebuild it all again but I have to say I am rather exhausted with this so will probably step back and take a deep breathe to recharge after what happened last night and its impact.

I wish we could help....you do a great job here and it is much appreciated. My commiserations - such a lot of work to lose. :( The new web layout looked really excellent, too.

I wish we could help....you do a great job here and it is much appreciated. My commiserations - such a lot of work to lose. :( The new web layout looked really excellent, too.

I second this this is awful.:(

We we're hacked by an activist wanting to display a message about something going on in their country, I could not understand it as it was not in English.

In all my time I have never experienced a hack to this magnitude where they literately deleted every single file and folder on the server. luckily I have a back up however it was not a new one as the new ones were deleted to.

6 months of web development updates and additions are all gone, I will be over the coming week working to rebuild it all again but I have to say I am rather exhausted with this so will probably step back and take a deep breathe to recharge after what happened last night and its impact.

All your work Gaz it good that you are stepping back for a moment.

I'm really sorry, it is really nasty when an attack like that happens...If we can help with anything, don't hesitate to ask for our help!

Ugh, it's so sad, I feel your pain.

I don't know why these so called "actvists" think that hacking websites and ruining other people's work will draw any kind of sympathy to their cause.

Awww, I'm very sorry to hear about this :(
I know you put a lot of work in this Gary ....
I wish you all the best to restore the website.
Take your time, we will be patiently waiting for you.

Thanks in advance,

Karin

It was definitely not a hater of MJJC or someone in the community that wants to cause us harm.

That's terrible. Props to you guys for getting it back up and running so swiftly, but losing all that work on the site must be horrible, all those hours he put in.. man :(
Saying that though, it's nothing Gaz can't do again if he so chooses. Maybe even better the next time around :)

Wow. That's one of the worst ways to try to get anyone interested in a cause. All most people will care about is the fact that it caused major disruption and loss of a great deal of work. Glad I was wrong about it being a hater!

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you can rebuild quickly.

i also am very sorry this happened. Thank god you had the back up you did. Like you said Gaz take a rest and a breather and when your up to the task, we'll be here.

Hacking and wrecking someone's passion and work for a 'cause' like this is 'ridicilous' in my opinion and yeash I'm a little :blink: to how would it win peeps over. :unsure:

Anyway, Indeed Gaz. I feel your pain! Please take care of yourself first and don't let it get you down. :better:

When you 'recharged' again, I'm sure you can build an even better site than the excellent one you've build. :D

Thanks for your quick reaction last night though. See, we're unbreakable, :pirate:

Update: MJJCommunity Blog has lost a part of it's memory. Last post is now July 4th :blush:

Don't worry, we'll pick up from here as I got 'back ups' to everything I post ;)

Let's shine again, shall we! :angel:

Those damned hackers are a complete nuisance virtually trying to steal personal info and trying to ruin webpages is like an invasion of privacy and virtual home.

Take the time you need Gaz to get your barrings together again.

I don't think they were after any personal information, as they deleted everything. This was more just about getting their message across to a large audience. As far as we know, no private or personal information was compromised.

I know, I'm just saying hackers not just getting into MJJC, I'm also talking about hackers everywhere going into everything like they hacked into Home Depot stealing 53 million emails of payment cards in the US and Cansda just a couple months ago. I'm just saying those hackers are like virtual rats.

I was trying to re-set my password (forgot what is was :() on the MJJ Community site and it doesn't recognize my email address. Will I have to re-register?

Yes, anybody who registered from july onward will need to re-register.
Thank you-maybe thats my problem too. I tried to get on radio chat and it told me both "log in successful" and "you are not logged in". I can hear the radio, but no chat.

Error message:

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet.
Login Successful.

I'll register then too.

Last edited:
Kinda of having the same issue. I re-registered but haven't received my activation code yet, something about the mail system (sorry didn't read it fully). I tried again but it's saying my user & email are already taken.

I'm the same way Spyce. You can see the error message I got a few posts back. I copied it over.
When I tried to reregister it said barbee0715 was taken.

Yes, I checked them earlier and again just now. Not there. My user is Sarahj same as here.

Hi Spyce. Thank you so much. I'll try it tomorrow and ck it out. I'm on a phone now. I'm glad I saw Sarah checking it bc it made me test it too. :).

Back