The 10 Faces of Michael Jackson (Channel 5 TV, UK)

myosotis

Proud Member
I have just been reading about a Channel 5 TV programme to be aired on 11th February. Very sad to see Michael 'dissected' like this.

The Daily Mail (Tabloid of course) has a double page spread of MJ photos today, from 1977 to 2009, with a little comment about each. eg for 2009, it quotes 'his friend Allen Klein'. For 1991 it says ' he has started to look whiter - he later claimed (my italics) this was a consequence of the skin condition vitiligo' . In 2003 it starts 'Looking more feminine, shortly after the birth of his third child, Blanket'. Good, honest, factual, reliable journalism at its very best ....will never be found in this trashpaper. :(

(It adds that 'The guinea pig for the more masculine 'Kirk Douglas' cleft chin was friend and hair stylist Steve Erhardt) ?????

The article also quotes a Dr Eda Gorbis 'Body dysmorphic disorder expert'...but I don't know if this person participated in the TV programme, as well as being quoted in the article.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout his life, speculation surrounding the cosmetic procedures that Michael Jackson may have had on his face remained just that – speculation. The truth was always shrouded in denial and secrecy.

Over his incredible 45-year career, Jacksonʼs face changed massively from that of an angelic baby-faced boy to a frail man whose nose had all but collapsed.

Now, for the first time, details of the singerʼs autopsy reveal exactly how much plastic surgery Michael Jackson had done, when it happened and what it tells us about the legendary singer.

This brand new documentary presents an indepth analysis of the ten ʻdifferentʼ faces Michael Jackson had during his life, illustrated with exclusive and candid interviews with Michaelʼs sister Latoya, his lifelong friend Mark Lester, Steve Erdhart, the man who acted as the guinea pig for his chin surgery.

The programme uses CGI rendering of Michaelʼs face to highlight how dramatically it changed throughout his life. It also hypothesises what his face would have looked like with no surgery, how he may have looked today had he lived, and speculates about what further treatments he may have had.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-t...son/episodes/the-ten-faces-of-michael-jackson

Last edited:
Karma is a bitch. Just waiting for the day that karma brings a visit to those bitches.

Thanks for advertising it for them.

It's only an 'advert' if you then choose to watch it. Since it is clearly trashy, I am sure that you won't. I don't think mentioning it on a fan board with around 100 viewings is giving it substantial 'advertising' compared with the combined readership of the Daily Trash (which published the associated article) and Channel 5 (each with around 2million circulation / viewers).

I'm curious that fans only seem to want to see 'good news' on this board now. Is 'bad news' not also news? Do fans not want to know about 'bad news' anymore? Seems a bit like sticking one's head in the sand...the bad news won't go away. I'd rather be informed on a fan board than from anti-MJ sources.

I've posted plenty of 'good news' stories in the past. I'll know not to come here again with any information of this kind (Good or bad) . Lesson learned!

Last edited:
I appreciate the info. Fans should be in the know as to what is shown on tv about Michael. Thank you, myosotis!

Someone please email someone, anyone, this cannot be broadcast, people actually watch that shit.

I am so glad that we don't have this kind of garbage about Michael on American tvs. At least as far as I know there hasn't been. I feel sorry for you British fans. Having to deal with that kind of garbage about Michael on your tvs. I really hope no one watches it. Or better yet the show gets canceled.

5000 shares and one of the most liked post on their page. Some very negative comments.

Who do we email? How can we stop this?! This will get so much attention like last time , it's getting shared a lot and it's the only thing that's on that night. We are the fans, we must stop this! How can we stop this, we need information.

If I were famous, I'd be defending Mike in every interview, everywhere. I am confident in saying that he had only two, vitiligo thins the skin. Why is no one doing anything?!

Last edited:
5000 shares and one of the most liked post on their page. Some very negative comments.

Who do we email? How can we stop this?! This will get so much attention like last time , it's getting shared a lot and it's the only thing that's on that night. We are the fans, we must stop this! How can we stop this, we need information.

If I were famous, I'd be defending Mike in every interview, everywhere. I am confident in saying that he had only two, vitiligo thins the skin. Why is no one doing anything?!

Because it's irrelevant. It's on channel 5 and no one watches and if they do they forget it 5 mins after.

Plus even as fans you have to acknowledge that he has surgery (more than two) and if you try and claim otherwise it makes us look crazy and deluded.

Because it's irrelevant. It's on channel 5 and no one watches and if they do they forget it 5 mins after.

Plus even as fans you have to acknowledge that he has surgery (more than two) and if you try and claim otherwise it makes us look crazy and deluded.

He's only done two to his nose, weight and age has made the difference. There's picture comparisons looking the same. I believe Mike by far and the actual autopsy.

If all they can do is create these disgusting documentaries on the world's greatest entertainer then it seems as though they can't create a decent standard of expected programming. Horrendous how Michael can be treat, i wish some channel would re-broadcast The Legend Continues...

I am so glad that we don't have this kind of garbage about Michael on American tvs. At least as far as I know there hasn't been. I feel sorry for you British fans. Having to deal with that kind of garbage about Michael on your tvs. I really hope no one watches it. Or better yet the show gets canceled.
Oh, yeah, we do-but they usually run it on really obscure cable channels, thank goodness. If something big was going on with Michael right now, I'm certain it would be on a major channel. Is Channel 5 a BIG channel in the UK? I'm familiar with BBC and ITV only.

That UK "autopsy" show that ran recently (that I know about because of this forum) was run recently here. I fell upon it when I was house/dog sitting at somebody's house at Christmas and was flipping through about 400 channels.
It was actually the same channel that Jermaine's ex-wife is supposed to have her series on, because they ran a commercial for it.
But I already knew it was trash-I watched about a minute and half and flipped it to a music channel.

It doesn't affect me-although it makes me angry-I grew up with Michael and I lived through everything and I know the real story-but what REALLY BOTHERS me about these programs is that SO MANY fans now are kids-a lot of them barely knew Michael and just for the past decade-and I hate for them to see this junk.

Channel 5 is relatively popular, tends to have loads of questionable documentaries, I'm sure in was channel 5 that did the autopsy shows.

Oh, yeah, we do-but they usually run it on really obscure cable channels, thank goodness. If something big was going on with Michael right now, I'm certain it would be on a major channel. Is Channel 5 a BIG channel in the UK? I'm familiar with BBC and ITV only.

That UK "autopsy" show that ran recently (that I know about because of this forum) was run recently here. I fell upon it when I was house/dog sitting at somebody's house at Christmas and was flipping through about 400 channels.
It was actually the same channel that Jermaine's ex-wife is supposed to have her series on, because they ran a commercial for it.
But I already knew it was trash-I watched about a minute and half and flipped it to a music channel.

It doesn't affect me-although it makes me angry-I grew up with Michael and I lived through everything and I know the real story-but what REALLY BOTHERS me about these programs is that SO MANY fans now are kids-a lot of them barely knew Michael and just for the past decade-and I hate for them to see this junk.

Really I didn't know that. On my tv listings site. All the MJ related programs I ever saw are the good ones. Like Motown 25, MSG concert, and the MJ take over on the Fuse channel. And even if they do show some garbage about Michael. I tend to ignore it any way. Cause those kind of programs about Michael will only anger and upset me to no end. Which is why I prefer and L.O.V.E. channels like Science, HIStory, and Animal Planet. Where I can watch programs that are not usually MJ related. Which also means I won't hear any kind of garbage about him. And it won't anger or upset me.

Obviously, no one cares that this will be broadcast and no one will stop it.
Michael didn't age much at all. I'd say Elvis and John Lennon turned to look like totally different people through age! Remember the nose continues to grow after surgery, hence why it looked deformed. Other than vitligo and weight, there is absolutely no change at all.

Last edited:
Saw that earlier and emailed the estate but I doubt it will do anything. They only run this bs because people love slimy gossip. They don't care how made up and false it all is, just as long as it's entertaining in some sick way. It will only stop when the public stops feeding it. (That's gonna be awhile)

Saw that earlier and emailed the estate but I doubt it will do anything. They only run this bs because people love slimy gossip. They don't care how made up and false it all is, just as long as it's entertaining in some sick way. It will only stop when the public stops feeding it. (That's gonna be awhile)

How do we all email the estate what is the address?

Don't know if I can post it here but if you go to MJonlineteam on twitter they have it right there at the top. You don't need an account.

Speaking of feeding it, it's not just the tabloids. It's the mainstream news also on the gravy train and has been for over 25 yrs.

I was just reading that paps were chasing Bruce Jenner down the highway today and he hit another driver, who was killed.
All in the name of a tabloid story or picture and the money it brings. It just won't stop.

Sarah, I'll be happy to write too. Just send me an address.
(Just saw your post about twitter. I will try to track it down ).

I was just reading that paps were chasing Bruce Jenner down the highway today and he hit another driver, who was killed.

As much as I wish the paparazzi would leave Bruce Jenner alone (especially with current rumours, he deserves his privacy like every other human being), both authorities and Bruce have stated he wasn't being chased by paparazzi. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/us/bruce-jenner-involved-in-deadly-car-crash-in-malibu.html?_r=0

Not defending those scumbags, just prefer the truth that's all.

IMO fans need to be smart in picking their fights. We can do nothing to stop it and if we start some kind of campaign against it that will be only used as free advertising for it (controversy sells). So the best thing to do is to ignore it and NOT to watch it and NOT to spread the news around. That's the most we can do. Sorry to be blunt but they won't care about your e-mails. They may even use them as an advertising tool saying how "MJ fans are outraged" and believe me that will only make the film more intriguing for their target group (gossip hungry people). So just try to ignore it and do NOT watch it! That's all you can do.

Of course, a lot of things in that article are untrue. I read MJ's autopsy and it does NOT say anything about the number of plastic surgeries he had, nor about when he had them - so that's a straight up lie. From the information in the autopsy you also cannot make any kind of conclusions about any of those questions.
Also this was the first time I heard about this Steve Erhardt who is characterized as "MJ's friend" in that article. I googled him and apparently it's a guy who is obsessed with plastic surgery and wants to break some crazy record for most plastic surgeries or something. A lunatic and I doubt he had anything to do with MJ (never heard about him ever being around MJ in any capacity), but now they are selling him as his "friend" because anyone can claim anything about a dead celeb who is not here to answer. Yes, it's annoying and crazy, but a loud fan protest will only draw more attention to it.

(And I'm always amazed that people in the UK still read the Daily Mail and give it any credit after failing to report accurately day after day. This week for example, they were the ones who reported that Bobbi Kristina Brown was brain dead and her family took her off from life support. It was quickly denied by the family. Daily Mail does such things all the time. I don't know why people still buy that crap, but then I was never a tabloid buyer, so I guess I will just never understand the mentality behind loving being lied in the face by these papers.)

Last edited:
Also this was the first time I heard about this Steve Erhardt who is characterized as "MJ's friend" in that article. I googled him and apparently it's a guy who is obsessed with plastic surgery and wants to break some crazy record for most plastic surgeries or something. A lunatic and I doubt he had anything to do with MJ (never heard about him ever being around MJ in any capacity), but now they are selling him as his "friend" because anyone can claim anything about a dead celeb who is not here to answer. Yes, it's annoying and crazy, but a loud fan protest will only draw more attention to it.

(And I'm always amazed that people in the UK still read the Daily Mail and give it any credit after failing to report accurately day after day. This week for example, they were the ones who reported that Bobbi Kristina Brown was brain dead and her family took her off from life support. It was quickly denied by the family. Daily Mail does such things all the time. I don't know why people still buy that crap, but then I was never a tabloid buyer, so I guess I will just never understand the mentality behind loving being lied in the face by these papers.)

Which is EXACTLY why I posted the information about this programme here. I made it pretty clear in my first post that this programme was a negative one, and that I had not heard about Erhardt as an 'MJ friend', and I was hoping that someone else might know (if he was or was not). Isn't it a good thing that people who stand up on TV and talk cr*p about Michael are at least discussed here as regards their links (or not) to Michael, so that fans are informed? I don't need to bring this kind of info (about adverse TV programmes) here..I could discuss them with friends and family if I wanted to, but they will neither know nor care who the interviewees are.

I think it's really difficult once fans stop acknowledging reality. Tabloids may be something that MJ wanted burned, but the reality is that they have not all been burned. Millions of people read them, and I prefer to stay informed about what the rest of the UK is reading about MJ. The non-tabloids don't exactly major on 'entertainment' stories, which is why they are not the same as tabloids. I prefer to live in the real world and face it as it is, not how I would like it to be. The same 'Mail' stories appear in their online version, so it is pretty hard to get away from them, since online stories tend to be shared among multiple news collecting sources. I don't read these stories to learn about MJ, but to learn about the people who are talking cr*p about him. My life, my choice. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
And incidentally, as regards 'advertising', there is a very long thread on this board, just a couple of clicks from here, that discusses a current major court case. This case has not so far featured majorly in worldwide news ...perhaps we should stop discussing that also, and 'advertising' all the details of the cr*p that the two accusers are spouting, the rubbish on their friend's FB pages etc etc? That is the logical action to take if nothing 'negative' about MJ is to be discussed.

Last edited:
"Half of me you'll never be so dont you feel threatened by me"

the fools make me laugh that six years on they still feel threatened enough to feel the need to try and keep brainwashing the masses.

you cant hurt me for iam free

Thanks Myosotis for info/warning about this program.

That post actually doesn't say Steve Erdhart is Michael's friend:
This brand new documentary presents an indepth analysis of the ten ʻdifferentʼ faces Michael Jackson had during his life, illustrated with exclusive and candid interviews with Michaelʼs sister Latoya, his lifelong friend Mark Lester, Steve Erdhart, the man who acted as the guinea pig for his chin surgery.

It says Lester is lifelong "friend". This Steve seems to be some sort of wannabe Hollywood D lister, who participates this program.
See tweets from Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/SteveErhardt/with_replies

Seemingly Latoya is participating this program by talking about MJ's plastic surgeries
A new TV documentary about his surgery addiction reveals he was so nervous about the initial rhinoplasty (nose job) that he persuaded his older sister La Toya to act as a guinea pig.
Miss Jackson, 58, said: ‘He wanted to get his nose done . . . he kept saying: “What do you think? What do you think?” I said: “Michael, if that’s what you want, if it’s gonna make you feel better, get it done.”

‘He asked me: “Can you be the guinea pig for me? Can you get your nose done and let me see how it looks, and if it hurts?” ’
Once satisfied with the results of La Toya’s operation, Michael went ahead with it himself in 1979.
-----------------
Steve E participation:
Seven years later, he also persuaded a friend and fellow plastic surgery devotee, Hollywood hair stylist Steve Erhardt, to be the first to experiment with a cleft chin operation.
Erhardt claims Michael’s plastic surgeon told the singer that he needed a chin ‘like Kirk Douglas, something very masculine’.
After Erhardt’s new chin was revealed, Jackson went on to have this operation several times.

I must say, this s..t is never ending puke fest.
Hopefully nobody watches this s..t.

Which is EXACTLY why posted the information about this programme here. I made it pretty clear in my first post that this programme was a negative one, and that I had not heard about Erhardt as an 'MJ friend', and I was hoping that someone else might know (if he was or was not). Isn't it a good thing that people who stand up on TV and talk cr*p about Michael are at least discussed here as regards their links (or not) to Michael, so that fans are informed? I don't need to bring this kind of info (about adverse TV programmes) here..I could discuss them with friends and family if I wanted to, but they will neither know nor care who the interviewees are.

I think it's really difficult once fans stop acknowledging reality. Tabloids may be something that MJ wanted burned, but the reality is that they have not all been burned. Millions of people read them, and I prefer to stay informed about what the rest of the UK is reading about MJ. The non-tabloids don't exactly major on 'entertainment' stories, which is why they are not the same as tabloids. I prefer to live in the real world and face it as it is, not how I would like it to be. The same 'Mail' stories appear in their online version, so it is pretty hard to get away from them, since online stories tend to be shared among multiple news collecting sources. I don't read these stories to learn about MJ, but to learn about the people who are talking cr*p about him. My life, my choice. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
And incidentally, as regards 'advertising', there is a very long thread on this board, just a couple of clicks from here, that discusses a current major court case. This case has not so far featured majorly in worldwide news ...perhaps we should stop discussing that also, and 'advertising' all the details of the cr*p that the two accusers are spouting, the rubbish on their friend's FB pages etc etc? That is the logical action to take if nothing 'negative' about MJ is to be discussed.

I think it's not about not acknowledging "reality". It's just fans are just tired of the constant negativity. Yes, the Robson/Safechuck case is being discussed because those are serious allegations that have a big potential to ruin MJ's reputation. That crap is accusing MJ of criminal activity against children and it's about an ongoing court case so it cannot really be ignored. And the discussions about the allegations are placed in a closed segment of the forum which is exactly so that this is not the first thing visiting fans who come here for more light-hearted fun run into. Fans who want to ignore those type of topics can simply avoid that segment of the forum.

To be honest I think it was pretty refreshing to NOT to hear about Robson, Safechuck or any other crap in the last two weeks or so. Of course, we will get back discussing that crap whenever there would be updates. But I felt like in the last week or so the focus finally went back to more pleasurable topics, like discussing his music and the overall atmosphere of the forum was more positive - the way it should be.

I get it that some fans want to be informed about everything negative being said about MJ as well and even about what is in tabloids. And some other fans would just like to ignore all the crap. Some others feel that some topics are more important than others - and some negative topics need to be discussed while others are better left ignored and giving them attention only fuels the tabloid media to keep writing such things. Where is the line? Probably it's up to individual judgement. There was another forum which had a seperate segment for tabloid articles - so maybe that's what should be done here as well. A closed, seperated segment for tabloid articles, tabloid documentaries etc. for those who want to monitor and discuss them. I think here that segment is supposed to be the Trials and Tribulations Segment - although the name suggests it's just about trials and court cases, but in practice that is where tabloid stuff usually gets posted and discussed.

Last edited:
After the documentary, all UK fans should do a social media campaign clearing up big rumours within a status. I will be.

Thanks Myosotis for info/warning about this program.

That post actually doesn't say Steve Erdhart is Michael's friend:
This brand new documentary presents an indepth analysis of the ten ?different? faces Michael Jackson had during his life, illustrated with exclusive and candid interviews with Michael?s sister Latoya, his lifelong friend Mark Lester, Steve Erdhart, the man who acted as the guinea pig for his chin surgery.

I think this is what confused me into thinking they claim him to be MJ's friend:

(It adds that 'The guinea pig for the more masculine 'Kirk Douglas' cleft chin was friend and hair stylist Steve Erhardt) ?????

But now they say it was LaToya who was the "guinea pig" for MJ not Erhardt? So which one is it? LOL. Shame on LaToya for being in such a trashy "documentary". So is she now blaming MJ for her own plastic surgery? SMH.

Back